Dodds

It was the best performance in a very long time. Maybe it’s time for some fans to get some off their agenda and tell the truth as it is.
And we still got beat. Again. That’s the only truth that people like you need to wake up to.
The only stat or bit of data that ever matters is the scoreline
Correct.
Strange performance by Leicester. Tore us to shreds and were getting in behind with ease until they scored then had us chasing shadows and game managed without really trying to score again until half time.

Let us have it as second half went on and just started trying to play the clock down. Looked more like a side battling relegation by the end of the game.

They’ve lost their last 3 and I think you could see it in their body language they were desperate for a result so just shut up shop second half and condensed the pitch leaving us to shoot from distance of hope for the best from corners.

A lot of their fans don’t like their manager because of the way he plays and think that game management style is what grinds them.
Closest comparison I can think of is the Mags game. It was very clear from practically the kick off that they were miles ahead of us, and we were outclassed. Leicester never really got out of first gear, and if anything like they looked to be getting complacent with some of their passing and distribution as the game went on, almost as if they were treating it more like a casual kick about.

With that in mind, people on here talking about the second half as if it was some sort of triumph when at the end of the day we still got beat, are absolute crackheads who’d celebrate any old shite.
I know mate.

I'm hoping that KLD has a brain fart and he finds some clarity in just how f#cking bad this 2nd half of the season has been and tries to rectify some of the bad mistakes both him and Speakman have overseen.

I'm also hoping to bump trolleys with Margot Robbie in Aldi, she pays for my shopping, and we have a bit neck on in the car park.
My biggest concern as it stands is that we carry on slipping further and further down the league, they’ll almost certainly go into panic mode and appoint another shite manager who they didn’t really want, just because he was available before the end of the season, on a longer term contract to salvage things.

Then as a result, next season will be a write off as well, and this time next year if not before, everyone will be moaning for the hapless fucker to be sacked.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:
Won’t be in charge next season.
But will still be employed here as first team coach regardless of which cheap, unemployed failure of a head coach is brought in.
And then he would be throwing the players under a bus. I find it hard to understand how any fan who cannot say they enjoyed that second half and were not blown away by some of the performances….

It was the best performance in a very long time. Maybe it’s time for some fans to get some off their agenda and tell the truth as it is.

We all know the context, we all know the bigger picture, but if we can’t applaud that second half performance you need to get a different hobby. In fact given the way the crowd were I would question if you were even there and hence emotionally engaged in the game

It might mean nothing in long term, but seasons often pivot on such performances.

Come off it our managers can’t win, they are either mood hoovers or spin doctors, and I really think you are confusing who the source of the problems at the club are.

It’s not the players and it’s not the coaches. They are as honest bunch as we have ever had. They are not responsible for the investment and acquisitions strategy.

Just give some credit where it’s due, there is some really uncalled for negative stuff on this thread.

Has it not always been the case as a Sunderland fan that you have to take meagre high points when you can get them.

I thought it was a brilliant second half and so did the fans at the match if you ask me, who were right up for it.

Perhaps it took them a little bit of time to adjust to the new shape.

All I know is a team that was/is on a losing streak did not let their heads drop and build momentum. Credit to them for fighting back because at one stage I thought we could be over whelmed Sheffield United style. Leicester are an impressive team when they are on fire

It was a bit like a boxer who stepped back from the knock out punch with the opposition on the ropes.
Credit to our lads for fighting back and taking advantage of that weakness.

Shame we don’t have a goal scorer

Funny the club should use it in public, given it highlights more than anything our failure to score goals.

Which is probably the biggest recruitment failure in the history of the club. But credit to the lads on the pitch.

We cant all say we enjoyed watching TMs team even when we lost, and not give some credit for that second half performance
“Best performance in a very long time.”

Oh fantastic. How many goals did we score? How many did we win by?

And then he would be throwing the players under a bus. I find it hard to understand how any fan who cannot say they enjoyed that second half and were not blown away by some of the performances….

We all know the context, we all know the bigger picture, but if we can’t applaud that second half performance you need to get a different hobby. In fact given the way the crowd were I would question if you were even there and hence emotionally engaged in the game

It might mean nothing in long term, but seasons often pivot on such performances.

Come off it our managers can’t win, they are either mood hoovers or spin doctors, and I really think you are confusing who the source of the problems at the club are.

It’s not the players and it’s not the coaches. They are as honest bunch as we have ever had. They are not responsible for the investment and acquisitions strategy.

Just give some credit where it’s due, there is some really uncalled for negative stuff on this thread.

Has it not always been the case as a Sunderland fan that you have to take meagre high points when you can get them.

I thought it was a brilliant second half and so did the fans at the match if you ask me, who were right up for it.

All I know is a team that was/is on a losing streak did not let their heads drop and build momentum. Credit to them for fighting back because at one stage I thought we could be over whelmed Sheffield United style. Leicester are an impressive team when they are on fire

It was a bit like a boxer who stepped back from the knock out punch with the opposition on the ropes.

Funny the club should use it in public, given it highlights more than anything our failure to score goals.

Which is probably the biggest recruitment failure in the history of the club. But credit to the lads on the pitch.

We cant all say we enjoyed watching TMs team even when we lost, and not give some credit for that second half performance

You make some interesting points but the gist of your post seems to be that we should be encouraged by an improved performance against the league leaders.

I thought watching the game that Dodds had devised a plan to try and stifle Leicester rather than be proactive about trying to win the game.

Like our start against Swansea the players appeared to be utterly confused and Leicester sensed this and let’s face it should have been out of sight within the first 20 minutes.

This was a Leicester side coming off the back of three consecutive league defeats at the hands of Boro, Hull and QPR but rather than have a go Dodds first thought seemed to be preserve what we’ve got.

I know our lack of striking options is a massive issue but they aren’t going to improve, he simply has to find a way to get us scoring again.

For the life of me I can’t fathom why he doesn’t play Jobe up top and have a go at sides. The way we’re playing I can see this run of defeats extending well into double figures and the owners knee jerking to find a manager capable of keeping us in the league come April.

If you think that was a brilliant 2nd half your standards are clearly different to those I have for our club. Runs of defeats are nit to be celebrated either. I've been positive about previous managers but it's clear what he's doing and who he's being led by. In making my earlier post I was highlighting the issues higher up within the club, but make no mistake, if we accept this rubbish and welcome dodds permanently were welcoming relegation.
Same scriptwriter as Speakshite!!!
Because he's talking through dodds. The whole club sound the same when you hear them or read them quoted. From kld down.

I'll always say it's consistency of performances that indicate how good your team is. Even when we've dominated games and somehow lost. Others are all about the result. We have been pretty average for a long time now (since under Mowbray) and have been slowly getting worse. The second half was indeed much better and we could consider ourselves unlucky not to get something out of the game. The main thing for me is whether we can take that into the next game from the start and do it over 90 minutes. We've obviously got the same old issues with the lack of striker and imbalance of the squad but if we get the energy levels back up that will go a long way to improving results. Time will tell I guess.

Is xG and goals scored supposed to even out as the season goes on? I understand the idea behind the stat but it doesn’t appear to be that useful when none of your strikers know where the goal is.

Is xG and goals scored supposed to even out as the season goes on? I understand the idea behind the stat but it doesn’t appear to be that useful when none of your strikers know where the goal is.
Nope.

For it to be a remotely useful metric, you would have to compare your expected goals against your oppositions over a full game, rather than what Dodds has done here by only taking the expected goals of the opposition over 45 minutes…

Or y’know, you could just look at the scoreboard like a f***ing normal person.

Back