Doctors destroy lads testicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil's advocate here, the family say he's been left infertile, but what about the un-descended one? If it's still there there may be a chance it works as he gets older?

Aye it's not great like, but rather than prattling on about ruining his life at least let him enjoy his childhood.

Quite unbelievable you get something like that wrong. In a case where there are two organs so close. You double, triple, quadruple check with multiple people.

Scary.

I know money isn't the most important thing and all that but I wonder what level of compensation you'd get for that. Seems a clear case of incompetence and it really has ruined the lads life, no chance of ever having kids of his own, or grandchildren. Can't imagine how gutted you'd be growing up knowing you'll never have the choice of becoming a dad because a hospital fucked up a routine operation, plus the fact some lasses might want kids so it could affect every relationship you have.
So funnily enough, the only time I have ever been a juror was for a medical malpractice case in Edinburgh which was almost exactly the same as this.

A man was born with one testicle and the doctors removed his other one, incorrectly thinking it was cancerous. The nhs had owned up to the mistake so it was just up to us to decide the amount he was due.

He was obviously infertile, had to take testosterone injections every day for the rest of his life, and he claimed he’d also developed OCD as a result.

He asked for £100k and consequently we could only award him that and no more. We did. This was circa 2000.

I would have given him more, if I’d had the choice.

The poor sod and all we can do is stick the knife in.

You're completely right, of course. If it was a poster from here who's son it was, they would be getting "support" from the rest of the SMB. But because it's not anyone we know, it seems ok to take the piss. Which is actually shameful. We genuinely should be ashamed of making fun of the situation. A young boy's life is ruined beyond repair.

You're completely right, of course. If it was a poster from here who's son it was, they would be getting "support" from the rest of the SMB. But because it's not anyone we know, it seems ok to take the piss. Which is actually shameful. We genuinely should be ashamed of making fun of the situation. A young boy's life is ruined beyond repair.

This. Some right twats on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back