Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Specials

I think that was also the memorable moment a companion (Ace) beat up a Dalek with a baseball bat, rather than stand there screaming in horror….

….although I think Ace did scream at it for exterminating her radio

Never seen her before. Switched off after Baker, resumed watching with Ecclestone.

Any companion that can bray a Dalek with a baseball bat has my wholehearted support.

Last edited:
Didn't need them when Ecclestone was Doctor.

More committed Whovians than me (I am a part timer, no season ticket) may have earlier sightings
Some people reckon the first sighting was actually in the 60’s. I think one emerges through the sand suggesting it had vertical propulsion.

I think that was also the memorable moment a companion (Ace) beat up a Dalek with a baseball bat, rather than stand there screaming in horror….

….although I think Ace did scream at it for exterminating her radio

Was a massive contrast to Mel who I think was the worst classic companion. She did just scream and nowt else. At least bringing her back the other day made her a better companion.

Was a massive contrast to Mel who I think was the worst classic companion. She did just scream and nowt else. At least bringing her back the other day made her a better companion.
A toss up between her and Adric. Ace was brilliant. To be fair I thought Mel worked pretty well in the new episode.

Back