Do you think there will be a second wave?

exactly , we'll not know till winter. lot of experts giving there 2 pence and people believing , i've not seen one expert saying its best to ignore all these experts :D

so which expert should we listen to?
It will live longer on surfaces.

where did you get this from?
not one expert has any real idea how anyone can catch it who is susceptible and how it is transmitted. They have admitted this.
if people knew who come only just now they are thinking of compulsory face masks.
pits all guess work and confusion.

Last edited:
When you think a few people flying in from China was enough to start off a first wave, you have to think that now that its spread across the entire country, it must be far easier to instigate a 2nd wave.

That is, if people's guards come down and everyone acts like there's no threat. Especially when we get into winter, where it seems that it'll live on surfaces for far longer.
First wave largely from people on hols in Spain and Italy coming back apparently, not much evidence it was the Chinese bringing it here but otherwise agree.

I think everyone knew there was going to be a second wave. These zany "projections" courtesy of The Electeds were just pissing in the wind from the beginning.

There is some legitimacy to Flatten the Curve. But that only buys time. Infected, sick and dead people are under that "flattened curve" just as much as under any spike.

First wave largely from people on hols in Spain and Italy coming back apparently, not much evidence it was the Chinese bringing it here but otherwise agree.
Fair enough mate. But aye a few people coming into the country is literally nothing compared to 50 people every day still getting it, spread around the entire UK.

And if there's no immunity, or at least very little after a few months, winter could be absolutely horrible.

Fair enough mate. But aye a few people coming into the country is literally nothing compared to 50 people every day still getting it, spread around the entire UK.

And if there's no immunity, or at least very little after a few months, winter could be absolutely horrible.

could be wrong but the numbers coming back in the country from Spain and Italy were huge at the beginning of this which was the problem

something else for the pessimists to chew over

Winter wave of coronavirus 'could be worse than first' Winter wave of coronavirus 'could be much worse'
It's worrying, but it does stress that it's a 'worst case' scenario and that it could also be readily contained if we stick to certain measures.

At least the headline says 'could be much worse' rather than use more inflammatory phraseology which would be leapt all over by some. It also states that if any of the parameters change the prediction could change dramatically - either way, I suppose.

I still think that we need to carry on with what we're doing - get things moving again business-wise, but cautiously. The compulsory mask-wearing in shops etc. is a start. Although probably too late in the day for some, it may alleviate some of the possible impact in the colder months so can only be regarded as a step in the right direction. My only issue with masks is when (if) it is ever declared 'safe' and that they are no longer needed. I suppose it will then come down to personal choice whether you wear one.

Still quietly optimistic that we will get through this without too much more of an impact.

Last edited:
I think the fact that we don't know speaks volumes!

part of the problem but sure a read literally 1000s per day arriving from Spain and Italy at a time it was all kicking off

mentioned earlier think there will be nothing like the first spike so much as changed since then in my view match days have gone on any normal Weekend in this country theres got to be 400k-500k at matches up and down the country pubs no where near as busy And so much more

It's worrying, but it does stress that it's a 'worst case' scenario and that it could also be readily contained if we stick to certain measures.

At least the headline says 'could be much worse' rather than use more inflammatory phraseology which would be leapt all over by some. It also states that if any of the parameters change the prediction could change dramatically - either way, I suppose.

I still think that we need to carry on with what we're doing - get things moving again business-wise, but cautiously. The compulsory mask-wearing in shops etc. is a start. Although probably too late in the day for some, it may alleviate some of the possible impact in the colder months so can only be regarded as a step in the right direction. My only issue with masks is when (if) it is ever declared 'safe' and that they are no longer needed. I suppose it will then come down to personal choice whether you wear one.

Still quietly optimistic that we will get through this without too much more of an impact.
Disgraceful post

The government appears to have stopped us seeing the R rate, that's is a certain clue that it is rising. In fact a leaked report says exactly that. I spent a while digging out a source last week and it was ignored. Don't ask, find it yourself, it is out there.

Back