Do you think there will be a second wave?

We’ll know by next weekend I reckon.

Shops will have been open for 4 weeks by then.

After the deaths announcement yesterday I’m less confident of us having time it right. Hopefully it was a blip.

If it's still circulating in 3 months times it's only going to increase significantly through Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb

Difficult to see anything other than an uptick in Q4

The idea of mass usage of commuter trains/ buses without an effective tracing app just seems rediculousl

Agree with that. Seems very early to be telling people to go back to their workplace if they can. Public transport as far as I'm aware can't support social distancing AND everyone going back to work. Seems like they're going to be saying masks are more important than distancing.

As far as I'm concerned I'll not be back in the office this year if at all.

Yes, most likely at the same time as flu season & usual winter pressures on the NHS. Second peaks are often worse as well iirc, scary thought

I think there will be more cases but nothing like the first the hospitals have a far better grasp how to beat it now and what works and what doesn’t and what to look out for

also people guard be down now slightly to a month ago but it’s nothing like it was in February where football matches were every weekend concerts packed pubs no social distancing

Think it's almost certain there'll be further localised peaks. A wave across the country I'm not so sure of. If I had to bet I'd say no. Hopefully enough people continue to take simple preventative measures and the testing continues for a while yet so peaks are found and people adapt their behaviours when needed.

Reading some posts on here makes my confidence wane though.
I agree, I think we’ll see localised spikes that get dealt with quickly. We should have sufficient capacity in the testing and track and trace systems to make sure it is kept under control.

Come the winter we will be riddled. It thrives in the cold, look at the meat processing factory outbreaks around the world...
Think it's more to do with the poor conditions (lack of ventilation, lots of people working in close proximity) rather than the temperature.

Yesterday I was reasonably confident that with a bit more focus on contact tracing we could manage local spikes and avoid another wave. But today I read that the government is winding down the pandemic response so not so sure.

Maybe localised spikes but the vast vast majority of the populace know the crack on staying as safe as possible whenever they can, masks on public transport and the like will help as will the social distancing that’s been put in place.
Without a cure there isn’t a great deal we can do except try and not be arseholes about grouping together and facilitating spread.
There’ll no doubt be the usual knackers not taking any personal precautions but with these hopefully being a tiny minority it shouldn’t be anywhere near as bad as first time out

Yes, most likely at the same time as flu season & usual winter pressures on the NHS. Second peaks are often worse as well iirc, scary thought
Theoretically if people are wearing masks, social distancing, staying at home when experiencing symptoms etc then flu should be way down as all those measures will likewise reduce opportunities for flu to spread.

The question is whether enough people will indeed do all that is being asked of them

I hope you are taking the piss, surely nobody is stupid enough to believe this drivel

I'm afraid it's all true. I fully expect these protest/pressure groups to morph into animal welfare type groups pretty soon and probably a push to suggest that viruses thrive on meat. It's all in agenda 21, sustainable food types and the plan to drop meat.

Back