Do you think Rigg will move when he is 17?

I would love to see the club build a team around him, however in reality he'll go to a team who will have far great aspirations than us..
In time he'll definitely play at a higher level, but nobody plays more young players as regularly as us. I think he'll sign a pro contract here and be first name on the team sheet next season, as basically Jobe has been this.

The amount of clubs showing interest is huge. One year in the championship will be huge for him next year. Especially next to Jobe media will hype them as England’s brightest talents which is true.

Just hope we can tie him down to a 5 year deal when he is 17 and if a big money bid comes in then we make money and he is also making big money. With hopefully a loan back.
Yes … and who could blame him !!!

The amount of clubs showing interest is huge. One year in the championship will be huge for him next year. Especially next to Jobe media will hype them as England’s brightest talents which is true.

Just hope we can tie him down to a 5 year deal when he is 17 and if a big money bid comes in then we make money and he is also making big money. With hopefully a loan back.
Longest you can sign is a 3 year deal on your first pro.
You could sign the 3 then offer and improved and extended deal after the initial pro has been signed effectively.

I think he’ll need a lot of convincing this club is moving in the right direction for him to commit to a senior contract with us and stay. This year has been a shit show and there is turmoil coming in terms of a new manager and player sales in the summer.

His team will need to be convinced we’re the right outcome for him, oh and of course they’ll be smelling the commission from a far better deal if he moves elsewhere.

He’ll sign a long term deal with a release clause of £40m+ I reckon.

One of the big boys will immediately pay that after a year of first team football with us.

Back