Do you think Rigg will move when he is 17?

Hes only a young lad though. Hes not terrible bellingham or out just looks run into the ground. Its unfair on him to play him 40 games a season
This is it like. Of course the vocal minority have just decided he's shite.

Based on performance alone it should be Ekwah given a spell out I think . Jobe , Neil and Rigg starting

Didn’t Dodds say he’s looking forward to working with Rigg during the next few years?

Now either Rigg has basically confirmed he’s signing with us or Dodds has a job lined up with the mags.

I know which one I think is more likely. :lol:

We were a good breeding ground for young players like him. Now I’m not so sure because of how things are with the first team. Really does look a player though.

Shown plenty enough to keep his place. Its also good competition for places. One or two lads have gotten very comfortable recently.

Double edged sword with him. Doesn’t have a pro contract so more he plays now the more chance other clubs poach him for next to nowt before he does.

Don’t play him and he might want away regardless and not getting a chance.

Need him to not be as good is he is until he’s hits 17 and signs a deal here ha

I thought it would be best to continue using him as a sub for the rest of the season given his age, but starting against Leicester he looked the part didn't he.

Of course all of us want him to stay here for at least another year or two, and taking off the red and white specs for a minute it would be the right thing for the lad himself to continue here for the time being where he's much more likely to get game time and continue to learn his trade at a decent level.

I thought it would be best to continue using him as a sub for the rest of the season given his age, but starting against Leicester he looked the part didn't he.

Of course all of us want him to stay here for at least another year or two, and taking off the red and white specs for a minute it would be the right thing for the lad himself to continue here for the time being where he's much more likely to get game time and continue to learn his trade at a decent level.
Isn't he at a decent level though? He looks good enough to be playing for us, so he should fancy himself to hold down a place and be a starter for us next season. Play a full season of Championship football, and then see where that takes him. At the end of next season he'll still only be 17.
I just hope we get him on a good, long contract because we could get a lot of money for him.

I would love to see the club build a team around him, however in reality he'll go to a team who will have far great aspirations than us..

Isn't he at a decent level though? He looks good enough to be playing for us, so he should fancy himself to hold down a place and be a starter for us next season. Play a full season of Championship football, and then see where that takes him. At the end of next season he'll still only be 17.
I just hope we get him on a good, long contract because we could get a lot of money for him.
That is pretty much what i was saying.

And he is one of quite a few in this squad that look as if they would be worth a few quid if clubs came knocking, Patterson, Hume, Cirkin, Ballard, Neil and Clarke among them.
The likes of Ba and Bellingham, still very young and at times showing that they have talent but inconsistent, may be added to that list.

Double edged sword with him. Doesn’t have a pro contract so more he plays now the more chance other clubs poach him for next to nowt before he does.

Don’t play him and he might want away regardless and not getting a chance.

Need him to not be as good is he is until he’s hits 17 and signs a deal here ha

Think I'd take the chance and play him. If he does move, we'll get more money in a tribunal if he's seen as an import to the squad.
He may also think a few year in our first team will progress him quicker than sitting on the bench at a Prem side.

Mind, the club have to show him that they want to keep him and waive him opportunities like at the weekend.

I guess it comes down to Rigg himself and if he feels the club are going in the right direction.

Back