Do you think Rigg will move when he is 17?

cowan86

Midfield
The amount of clubs showing interest is huge. One year in the championship will be huge for him next year. Especially next to Jobe media will hype them as England’s brightest talents which is true.

Just hope we can tie him down to a 5 year deal when he is 17 and if a big money bid comes in then we make money and he is also making big money. With hopefully a loan back.

By all accounts he has verbally agreed a contract but until he signs it's anyones guess!

I can see why he'd be tempted to sign for some of the clubs that are rumoured to be interested but it depends how quick he wants first team action.

I'd play him more this season to show him that this is the right place for him

I think we'll see him get increasingly more game time which will convince him he's already at the best place for him in terms of his development.
To go elsewhere is a big step for a young kid to up and move away from his friends and family at such a young age.

Last edited:
Hopefully players like Clarke have had a word and told him it's better being at a 'small' team with less pressure and time to grow and mature over a big money move then sitting in the under 23s or going out on loan (to the type of club we are) and being semi forgotten about by your parent club.

Can see why he'd be tempted with the money they'd offer but if he's good enough he'll make more than enough if he stayed and matured here. With our model we'd not stand in his way if a big bid comes in in 2 years either.

I'm expecting him to stay and play for us every week next season. He must have seen the game time we have given to Jobe, nobody is going out of their way to play youth as much as we are.

Get his experience here, with his mates, where he has massive support from the fans. We probably accept his long term future is a level above.

Whats he being paid just now ? I can see him getting a good contract, but we are one of the lower payers even in this league. How is the lad supposed to manage on something like £100k-£200k a year. The temptation to move is going to be huge.

Best of luck to the lad, hope he has a great career, unless he goes to the mags.

Depends if he is being badly advised or not.

Let's remember that the skunks already have that Miley kid in the squad. Very doubtful that they would play Miley and Rigg, so he would warm the bench or simply be played in the U21s.

SAFC can offer him first team football and let's be honest he'll be 17 - and plenty of time to earn a fortune and play in the PL.

Up to him really.

Problem is it is absolutely nothing for these clubs to offer £20k a week, and won't care if he doesn't make it.

For us our top player, a £20m rated match winner, is only on about £16k a week.

Back