do you ever say the word hew

hoo up in noocaslte init, hoo man!
No as they aren't putting hoo on the end of sentences like the hew lot lot do, hew.
I'm not even sure how it's pronounced.
Is it like the name Hugh, is it who, you or how? Or pronounced some other way?
Hugh
Never used it or even heard it anywhere, apart from on here.
You mustnt have ever been to Hetton hew. Or met anyone from there hew.

Last edited:
No as they aren't putting hoo on the end of sentences like the hew lot lot do, hew.

Hugh

You mustnt have ever been to Hetton hew. Or met anyone from there hew.
Mother's side of the family are all from Houghton, Herrington Penshaw and Fence Houses. I've heard some yacker language in my time but never that word.

I wouldn't know how to use the word. And even if I learned to, I doubt I would get away with it. Same with 'marra'. It's bad enough that people from outside the city use it again and again, imagine how it would sound if an alien like me suddenly began using it, too. I do love the Sunderland accent though. I just wouldn't be at all able to pull it off myself.

I wouldn't know how to use the word. And even if I learned to, I doubt I would get away with it. Same with 'marra'. It's bad enough that people from outside the city use it again and again, imagine how it would sound if an alien like me suddenly began using it, too. I do love the Sunderland accent though. I just wouldn't be at all able to pull it off myself.
Just speak normal and add hew at the end each sentence hew. You'll sound ridiculous hew. But those that do it now sound ridiculous hew.
Kevvy sauce
Sarse.

My Dad loves a prarn kerry and he loves brown sarse on his chip samidges.

:lol:

Last edited:

Back