Do you ever cut your nose off to spite your face ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The prices are shooting up in there!
Aye? At least it's not the customers!

I knew the lass who had it when it was last the Royalty. Her prices started going up when she just wasn't making enough to keep it going. Not a good sign if they're going up often over a short period.

100% if someone’s been a prick on purpose to me for whatever reason I’d rather go without something to make them suffer, tbh I get enjoyment out of it.

for example, the prick who has parked his car outside of mine for 6 days in the space I park in and gone on holiday with a neighbour , rather than parking on a Drive will be blocked in. I can’t use that car but the satisfaction of not answering the door when they are trying to go home will be immense.

hapoy Christmas lads. Xxxx

See I find all of that completely bizarre. I couldn’t care less how morally reprehensible the owners are, or how rude the staff are. I just want cheap and convenient. Not my problem is the staff are getting paid 10p an hour.
While its fine to look at stuff your way surely you don't find it completely bizzare that people prefer shops where people are friendly and go about stuff the right way .Also many people aren't motivated by the cheapest products .Ive been in poundland type shops about twice in my life .You can't be that tight you put up with shit service to save a quid or two ?

Just had an email reply to my "forget it" reply regards the size of an item

Different bloke who managed to do what Emmanuel couldn't do and send me a size chart

Advertised a car a few years ago, got the usual piss takers trying it on. One fella wanted to come up from Leeds and take it that night. Was very honest about condition etc. and agreed on phone to knock £100 off (was priced well anyway)

arrived and agreed it was as described, but tried knocking another £300 off. After the third attempt i told him if he didn’t pay what we’d agreed i’d not sell him it. He laughed and asked for £150 off - i chucked him out the house and told him to fuck off back to Leeds.

sold it for £200 less a week or so later, but there was no way he was getting it:D

Got the worse service even in the Seaton lane Inn and I've never been back. Logged a complaint and owners couldn't give a fuck. Will never go again even though I think they have new owners now 😂

Advertised a car a few years ago, got the usual piss takers trying it on. One fella wanted to come up from Leeds and take it that night. Was very honest about condition etc. and agreed on phone to knock £100 off (was priced well anyway)

arrived and agreed it was as described, but tried knocking another £300 off. After the third attempt i told him if he didn’t pay what we’d agreed i’d not sell him it. He laughed and asked for £150 off - i chucked him out the house and told him to fuck off back to Leeds.

sold it for £200 less a week or so later, but there was no way he was getting it:D
Got a mirror on Facebook marketplace for £15 ,lass said would you take £10 ?
I know its only a fiver but that's a third off so to me she's taking the P . I replied saying Yes if you can give me a very good reason why I would ,she didn't reply :lol:

My uncles a trader ,he said the worst offenders are people from Asia /Africa /Middle East etc.Its in there culture to try it on .
He hates buying and selling cars to them as there is always a twist to things .

Reactions: Gaz
My uncles a trader ,he said the worst offenders are people from Asia /Africa /Middle East etc.Its in there culture to try it on .
He hates buying and selling cars to them as there is always a twist to things .
Aye ,that's a bout the size of it,everything is negotiable to them .Does your head in .Saying that the general motor trade is A piss on
Is that to me ? how much for cash? leave the vat off ? i'll buy it now ? can you do it any cheaper ? cannot be that much? are you sure ?

While its fine to look at stuff your way surely you don't find it completely bizzare that people prefer shops where people are friendly and go about stuff the right way .Also many people aren't motivated by the cheapest products .Ive been in poundland type shops about twice in my life .You can't be that tight you put up with shit service to save a quid or two ?
Tbh I don’t take any notice of the level of service when I’m shopping. The less interaction with the staff, the better for me.

Was the gentlemen of Anglo Saxon origin ?

Was the gentlemen of Anglo Saxon origin ?

Last edited:
I am quite finely attuned to people f***ing me over , way i was brought up, my dad was like @Aituk7 grandad. It came from his being in very real poverty in the 20's you couldn't lose what was going or you would be very hungry .
If someone wrongs me by accident or carelessness I'm fine, if its meant i always remember .Despite that i always accept a real apology, i can only think of about 3 people in a longish life whose apology i would not take at face value and move on.

I do that ,i give people a couple of chances to sort their act out then its finished .
What makes you think I was like your dad?

I remember once my fatha switching the whole house electricity off so I couldn't watch the TV upstairs :) Can't remember what it was about but I must have really pissed him off as he sat in the dark for a good while reading his paper with a torch before coming to his senses & turning it back on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back