Do you ever cut your nose off to spite your face ?

My mate won't have a contract for his gas/electric and just pays quarterly and about £50 a year more as he doesn't want them having his money if his account is in credit.

The eldest grandchild said he'd do the family xmas photo with Santa (and smile) if he was paid $20.... no problem i said and paid him.
After a nice photo shoot i gave the other grandkids $50 each for doing it willingly. It cost me a bit but was worth it to see the face he pulled.
I’d have walloped him across the head pretty hard and told him to fuck off home .

My mate won't have a contract for his gas/electric and just pays quarterly and about £50 a year more as he doesn't want them having his money if his account is in credit.

we're the same. still get quarterly bills for utilities. i'm not giving them my bank details for them to take more than we owe.

Principles and pride are also illogical traits though.

I refuse to buy dominos pizzas out of principle, that’s not illogical, if they can offer them half price that’s how much they should be all the time.

Doesn’t stop me eating them though, I’m quite happy someone else buying them.
about 17.4m people have done it iirc

Or not depending on how things pan out.

Last edited:
Can't remember anything offhand but I agree that principles are important and I'm sure that 'I've lost out' on some things over it but that's fine.

Principles to me are what is right and what is wrong, my Dominos thing may be a bit petty but I’m certainly not losing out.

I’d say I’ve helped a few over the years with my principles getting the better of me as they make me take the action needed.

Too many people take shit in life from other people, companies, politicians, etc and accept it without much question. Fuck that, if it is wrong and against me, I will make my stand and confront it or fuck it off.
As you should mate. It was how I was brought up and raised my kids the same way. In certain circumstances to give way would imply you are being bested. Although I’m not adversial by nature there comes a time when you have to stand up for yourself. Like me granda used to say, pick your battles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back