Do you ever cut your nose off to spite your face ?

JAZZMANB

Striker
I do it canny often

Whenever i'm selling stuff and people start bartering with daft offers etc ,if its a message I often don't even answer .I once walked in the house when a bloke came to view a motorbike I was selling,i just left him . Most times I would probably accept a lower price just the way I am

I emailed a clothes site for sizing with the exact item it was
They just replied asking for the product code
so I have to log on his site and type in the item and reply to him with the code !
I just replied Forget it
lazy bassa

any one else do it ?

Stopped drinking in a few pubs for petty reasons. Haven't been in the Stumble Inn for a while. Real test of willpower walking past when you fancy a pint.

Once fell out with one of the women in the canteen at the BIC over a bacon sarnie. Told her to stick it and never went back in. For a while. Regretted it a week into making my own bait but took me a few month to give in :lol:

Last edited:
Stopped drinking in a few pubs for petty reasons. Haven't been in the Stumble Inn for a while. Real test of willpower walking past when you fancy a pint.

Once fell out with one of the women in the canteen at the BIC over a bacon sarnie. Told her to stick it and never went back in. Regretted it a week into making my own bait but took me a few month to give in :lol:
My type of bloke :lol:

I think if you have Principles it is logical .Lots of instances of taking a stand will mean you're put out but you need to make that stand sometimes .
Principles and pride are also illogical traits though. Look at how many people end up in hospital or worse every week cos they are too proud to walk away.
Aye. I am proper Huffy. I do it even when I'm in the wrong.
I can’t get away with huffy people either. Life’s too short man.

Last edited:
Principles and pride are also illogical traits though. Look at how many people end up in hospital or worse every week cos they are too proud to walk away.

I can’t get away with huffy people either. Life’s too short man.
Well fighting is illogical,unless you win of course .Not the greatest example of having principles
I'm sure Veggies miss Bacon sarnies etc
We all watch what we eat these days despite loving the stuff we deny ourselves .We stop shopping in places despite how handy it can be etc
I think you may spite your face in the short term but you play the long game
If the bloke cant be arsed to check the product code himself i'll buy my gear somewhere else .They'd probably send the wrong one or lose it

Well fighting is illogical,unless you win of course .Not the greatest example of having principles
I'm sure Veggies miss Bacon sarnies etc
We all watch what we eat these days despite loving the stuff we deny ourselves .We stop shopping in places despite how handy it can be etc
I think you may spite your face in the short term but you play the long game
If the bloke cant be arsed to check the product code himself i'll buy my gear somewhere else .They'd probably send the wrong one or lose it
Who stops shopping where and what for?

Once fell out with one of the women in the canteen at the BIC over a bacon sarnie. Told her to stick it and never went back in. For a while. Regretted it a week into making my own bait but took me a few month to give in :lol:
The prices are shooting up in there!

Who stops shopping where and what for?
Various reasons, from the bigger ones who don't pay people properly or have tory owners or mag owners or use slave labour or wouldn't refund your item or (insert something else ) to the little shops who you may have had a run in with or may not be great at customer relations who you'd rather not give your ££ to. When I moved to Murton ,I went to the closest shop for something ,said alright to the guy as I walked past him ,no reply.He served me saying one word (the price ) with a miserable expression throughout .Never been back in 8 years

No. Not consciously anyway.

I often find that those that do and/or hold petty grudges and don’t accept apologies have an overinflated sense of their own self importance.
I am quite finely attuned to people f***ing me over , way i was brought up, my dad was like @Aituk7 grandad. It came from his being in very real poverty in the 20's you couldn't lose what was going or you would be very hungry .
If someone wrongs me by accident or carelessness I'm fine, if its meant i always remember .Despite that i always accept a real apology, i can only think of about 3 people in a longish life whose apology i would not take at face value and move on.
I do it canny often

Whenever i'm selling stuff and people start bartering with daft offers etc ,if its a message I often don't even answer .I once walked in the house when a bloke came to view a motorbike I was selling,i just left him . Most times I would probably accept a lower price just the way I am

I emailed a clothes site for sizing with the exact item it was
They just replied asking for the product code
so I have to log on his site and type in the item and reply to him with the code !
I just replied Forget it
lazy bassa

any one else do it ?
I do that ,i give people a couple of chances to sort their act out then its finished .

Last edited:
Various reasons, from the bigger ones who don't pay people properly or have tory owners or mag owners or use slave labour or wouldn't refund your item or (insert something else ) to the little shops who you may have had a run in with or may not be great at customer relations who you'd rather not give your ££ to. When I moved to Murton ,I went to the closest shop for something ,said alright to the guy as I walked past him ,no reply.He served me saying one word (the price ) with a miserable expression throughout .Never been back in 8 years
See I find all of that completely bizarre. I couldn’t care less how morally reprehensible the owners are, or how rude the staff are. I just want cheap and convenient. Not my problem is the staff are getting paid 10p an hour.

Changed banks because of that lgbt flag or whatever its called

Stopped using a shop we had used for years because he charged 5p for a bag when he didnt need to, never been back

Back