Do we the fans invest more in SAFC than KLD does?

Name an easier task?

Appointing Beale gave us a worse point deduction than for example Everton have had.
Than getting s bloated underfunded disorganised mess out of the league they'd got themselves into? There's plenty of easier tasks otherwise we wouldn't have been stuck down there for four years. Likewise Leeds United who are similar in size and spent 3 seasons down there.

I think the whole crux of the matter is people see him as loaded so he should just chuck money at it and if it doesn't come off well he can chuck some more at it. He trying to run us properly and make as as self sufficient as possible ready for the new rules coming in. I get it can be frustrating at times but budgets for players and wages will go up when the times right. I think it sensible not just to chuck a fortune at it willy nilly then worry later if it doesn't come off. The championship is littered with clubs pissing fortunes away and betting the bank on going up. Fair play to KLD for going against the grain and trying things different. No guarantee it gets you into the premier league but if it doesn't we would be financially crippled off the back of it
Not only is it not guaranteed, it's also very unlikely.

Posted this in another thread but thought it’s worth a post if it’s one. Yeah I know…

So I was thinking how much of a percentage of a wage do we as supporters pay on season tickets.

Say you earn £40k and buy two season tickets at say £1000 that’s 2.5% of your income spent every year to support the lads. That’s before everything else like merch, food etc. that’s also before tax, so technically the percentage should be higher. Also 40k is a decent whack for a lot of people, so some will put a higher proportion of their salary in than that.

On that basis if KLD was to invest the same, matching the above supporter, from his allotted wealth of c £2 billion, he would be investing a minimum of £50million a year into the club.

I’ve no idea how much he does put in, and no doubt he might not be able to put it in anyway but surely we can fix the PA and the bogs?
At a RAWA talk in in October last year, Dreyfus' actual words were "most of the money the club spends comes from you the fans".

CBA reading 5 pages, but “a wage” and “allotted wealth” are 2 completely different things.

If you have a house that’s worth £200k with no mortgage, and you spend £1,000 then that’s 0.5% of your wealth being spent. For KLD to do the same he’d only need to put £1M into the club every year.

Last edited:

Back