Do we the fans invest more in SAFC than KLD does?

Maintenance costs are a business expense, and contribute to the loss for current FFP. It will be easier for off-field improvements under the new rules, which seek to limit football expenditure (wages and fees) in relation to a club's income.
I thought that would be case. You can’t penalise a club that improves a stadium surely.

I think the whole crux of the matter is people see him as loaded so he should just chuck money at it and if it doesn't come off well he can chuck some more at it. He trying to run us properly and make as as self sufficient as possible ready for the new rules coming in. I get it can be frustrating at times but budgets for players and wages will go up when the times right. I think it sensible not just to chuck a fortune at it willy nilly then worry later if it doesn't come off. The championship is littered with clubs pissing fortunes away and betting the bank on going up. Fair play to KLD for going against the grain and trying things different. No guarantee it gets you into the premier league but if it doesn't we would be financially crippled off the back of it

i think most people accept their transfer market strategy, seeing how we have been burned in the past with over priced morons on massive wages drowning the club. one or two experienced players rather than hoards of youngsters might be better, but he is right to try and make us sustainable

however, the off the field stuff is inexcusable. not fixing leaking the leaking roof, not fixing toilets that don't work, not having enough staff to man the ticket office, not employing enough people to clean the stadium , not paying for general maintenance... its simply bad business sense as its going to cost the club a lot more in the long run (either via fans f***ing off or the stadium needing serious repairs).. that type of stuff is day-to-day overheads of running a multimillion pound business. the fact he refuses to sort these small things out makes me think that he isn't a savvy business leader, he's just a young lad with rich parents and an expensive play thing

Are there any clubs in the top two divisions not posting yearly figures in red ink?
Not talking about the wizardry of making a loss look like a profit. I mean a straight up we put in £100 and got £105 back at the end of the year.
It almost seems there’s a ‘money in losing money’ theory.

All good in theory but we all know Clarke will leave for 20m plus and we won't spend 10m

I'd like to think we spend on the back of any big sales but possible wage budget increase should be taken into consideration too.
i think most people accept their transfer market strategy, seeing how we have been burned in the past with over priced morons on massive wages drowning the club. one or two experienced players rather than hoards of youngsters might be better, but he is right to try and make us sustainable

however, the off the field stuff is inexcusable. not fixing leaking the leaking roof, not fixing toilets that don't work, not having enough staff to man the ticket office, not employing enough people to clean the stadium , not paying for general maintenance... its simply bad business sense as its going to cost the club a lot more in the long run (either via fans f***ing off or the stadium needing serious repairs).. that type of stuff is day-to-day overheads of running a multimillion pound business. the fact he refuses to sort these small things out makes me think that he isn't a savvy business leader, he's just a young lad with rich parents and an expensive play thing

I'll not disagree with that. Probably tells me he's hoping to put us into a attractive position for someone to take it off his hands somewhere down the line then it's not his problem anymore

Last edited:
No we're customers. If there's no customers there's no club though. No different to picking which shop you buy your food from, football fans are just much more loyal.

Years of support, emotionally and financially since I first went late 70s. Heartache Wembley visits till last one and even cried down Man C when relegated when emotion of day got better of me. Not really had many good times but hey ho.

KLD...mmmmmm.

I think the whole crux of the matter is people see him as loaded so he should just chuck money at it and if it doesn't come off well he can chuck some more at it. He trying to run us properly and make as as self sufficient as possible ready for the new rules coming in. I get it can be frustrating at times but budgets for players and wages will go up when the times right. I think it sensible not just to chuck a fortune at it willy nilly then worry later if it doesn't come off. The championship is littered with clubs pissing fortunes away and betting the bank on going up. Fair play to KLD for going against the grain and trying things different. No guarantee it gets you into the premier league but if it doesn't we would be financially crippled off the back of it

This.... 100 x this.

Bought the club because he heard the fans are a soft touch and would accept any baloney thrown their way.

Posted this in another thread but thought it’s worth a post if it’s one. Yeah I know…

So I was thinking how much of a percentage of a wage do we as supporters pay on season tickets.

Say you earn £40k and buy two season tickets at say £1000 that’s 2.5% of your income spent every year to support the lads. That’s before everything else like merch, food etc. that’s also before tax, so technically the percentage should be higher. Also 40k is a decent whack for a lot of people, so some will put a higher proportion of their salary in than that.

On that basis if KLD was to invest the same, matching the above supporter, from his allotted wealth of c £2 billion, he would be investing a minimum of £50million a year into the club.

I’ve no idea how much he does put in, and no doubt he might not be able to put it in anyway but surely we can fix the PA and the bogs?
Nit pick here, but it's not a fair comparison. You're comparing annual wage with his total wealth. A fair comparison would either be annual wage v his annual income, or your total wealth v his total wealth.

The op should add the word “relatively”.

We, however, do put money into the club by purchasing tickets or food or goods, but it’s entirely voluntary. The directors have to put money in to keep the club afloat.

Back