Do we the fans invest more in SAFC than KLD does?

PitYacker

Striker
Posted this in another thread but thought it’s worth a post if it’s one. Yeah I know…

So I was thinking how much of a percentage of a wage do we as supporters pay on season tickets.

Say you earn £40k and buy two season tickets at say £1000 that’s 2.5% of your income spent every year to support the lads. That’s before everything else like merch, food etc. that’s also before tax, so technically the percentage should be higher. Also 40k is a decent whack for a lot of people, so some will put a higher proportion of their salary in than that.

On that basis if KLD was to invest the same, matching the above supporter, from his allotted wealth of c £2 billion, he would be investing a minimum of £50million a year into the club.

I’ve no idea how much he does put in, and no doubt he might not be able to put it in anyway but surely we can fix the PA and the bogs?

Posted this in another thread but thought it’s worth a post if it’s one. Yeah I know…

So I was thinking how much of a percentage of a wage do we as supporters pay on season tickets.

Say you earn £40k and buy two season tickets at say £1000 that’s 2.5% of your income spent every year to support the lads. That’s before everything else like merch, food etc. that’s also before tax, so technically the percentage should be higher. Also 40k is a decent whack for a lot of people, so some will put a higher proportion of their salary in than that.

On that basis if KLD was to invest the same, matching the above supporter, from his allotted wealth of c £2 billion, he would be investing a minimum of £50million a year into the club.

I’ve no idea how much he does put in, and no doubt he might not be able to put it in anyway but surely we can fix the PA and the bogs?
He's here to make money and a name for himself, we simply fund the day to day running of his venture.

He's here to make money and a name for himself, we simply fund the day to day running of his venture.
He's already a billionaire and co-heir to the vast Dreyfus family fortune, not entirely sure this is anything other than pin money to him. In terms of making a name for himself, no need, he inherited one of the most famous business names the agricultural world has ever seen. Plus his cousin was great in Seinfeld and Veep ;)

I think the whole crux of the matter is people see him as loaded so he should just chuck money at it and if it doesn't come off well he can chuck some more at it. He trying to run us properly and make as as self sufficient as possible ready for the new rules coming in. I get it can be frustrating at times but budgets for players and wages will go up when the times right. I think it sensible not just to chuck a fortune at it willy nilly then worry later if it doesn't come off. The championship is littered with clubs pissing fortunes away and betting the bank on going up. Fair play to KLD for going against the grain and trying things different. No guarantee it gets you into the premier league but if it doesn't we would be financially crippled off the back of it

I don’t consider my season ticket, merch etc to be an investment. If I did, it would be a shit investment with no returns ever.
Nope I don’t consider mine an investment either, fair point. But on that principle KLD does has a chance of a return on his cash, unlike us.

Well look at me

What’s the £2bn from?

I think the whole crux of the matter is people see him as loaded so he should just chuck money at it and if it doesn't come off well he can chuck some more at it. He trying to run us properly and make as as self sufficient as possible ready for the new rules coming in. I get it can be frustrating at times but budgets for players and wages will go up when the times right. I think it sensible not just to chuck a fortune at it willy nilly then worry later if it doesn't come off. The championship is littered with clubs pissing fortunes away and betting the bank on going up. Fair play to KLD for going against the grain and trying things different. No guarantee it gets you into the premier league but if it doesn't we would be financially crippled off the back of it
I think most people would hope he puts in the equivalent cash that they do. Getting some work done at the SOL is beyond peanuts to him yet I stoll can’t hear the team sheet being announced.

He's already a billionaire and co-heir to the vast Dreyfus family fortune, not entirely sure this is anything other than pin money to him. In terms of making a name for himself, no need, he inherited one of the most famous business names the agricultural world has ever seen. Plus his cousin was great in Seinfeld and Veep ;)
He's certainly not here to spend money. Why do you think he's here? imho he's raising his profile. Marseilles being his end game

I think most people would hope he puts in the equivalent cash that they do. Getting some work done at the SOL is beyond peanuts to him yet I stoll can’t hear the team sheet being announced.

I won't disagree with that mate tbh. Whatever I think of the on field stuff certain things off field can be improved quite easily I would have thought. The PA system has been a joke for ever really

There's a fundamental flaw in your reasoning. You've taken the annual salary of the supporter and the net worth of the owner.

If you assume that the average fan probably has a house worth say 150k with say 90k equity in it and a car worth £10k, the fan has a net worth of 40(salary savings pensions etc) + 10 + 90 =140k. So now the 2k is 1% of the fans net worth.

So he probably does put that much in seeing as how we're always operating at a monumental loss.

Under financial rules of the league, not sure the Chairman would be allowed to chuck anywhere near £50m a year in, whatever it was spent on.

It’s been reported that his own trust fund is in excess of £2bn. His family is worth more than that
So then I guess you’d have to work it out between now and when he leaves, not annually as it’s not an annual recurring income like a salary as per your original post.

Back