Disney world Florida

TBF some kind of bag for wallet, room keys, phone etc etc to keep on you and not have to store when on rides (ie back pack) is necessary.

If you're staying onsite then your magic band covers basically everything. Can't remember if it lets you charge your room for gifts or not though.

Last time we went the bloke in the plane seat in front tried to recline his seat less than an hour into the flight.....bearing in mind we took off around lunchtime I wasn't best impressed.....proper weirdo as he, his Mrs and daughter didn't take a single complimentary drink nor any in flight food for the entire flight....

If you're staying onsite then your magic band covers basically everything. Can't remember if it lets you charge your room for gifts or not though.
You can. They don’t deliver them back to your resort now though.
You don’t need a magic band now, your phone can do everything, even unlock your room.

You can. They don’t deliver them back to your resort now though.
You don’t need a magic band now, your phone can do everything, even unlock your room.
Oh yeah, the whole phone opening the room thing had just started last time I was there. We had free magic bands so it was easier with the kids.

Bit of a long post, but bear with me here. For those interested in the parks... I'm actually in Orlando now. I'm returning (somewhete different) after staying at Port Orleans last year. We had a fantastic time with the bairns but the food was awful and felt like a high-school canteen. Disney springs wasn't anything like we thought it would be and it basically seemed like a wall to wall crowded overpriced Disney shopping mall with few decent food choices. But the hotel (minus the food and hoards of kids, and the distance from everywhere) down the river was the real florida experience and we vowed to come back.

I have a weird relationship with this place. Ive made no secret on here that I was diagnosed with cancer last year and my current trip is to make up for the last trip. I actually found out something was wrong for the first tine after carrying my 4 year old through the jurassic Park River ride for two hours. He was knackered and couldn't stand. I couldn't moved my arm afterwards and I'm still paralysed below the elbow from it and i guess if I hadn't visited the park I'd never have known 😅 Anyway, things are looking up... and the same ride today took me 30 mins to the front line.

I made the decision to stay in universal this year very short cues in all the rides, only minutes from the park and we get early access. Hotels are worse visually but the foods miles better and it takes 5 mins to get into the studios. If you've got kids that makes a huge difference. Looking back I'd advise to stay as close as possible so you can go In the parks for one or two rides then relax in the hotel rather than try it all in one park in one day. Short bursts are miles better, but Disney was great, if you can escape now and then to a real resteraunt and bar in town.

Parking costs are a joke. I would be tempted to be cheap enough to just park at the springs for free and Uber it in from there. 😂
I don't think its free parking at Springs anymore :lol:
Disney springs wasn't anything like we thought it would be and it basically seemed like a wall to wall crowded overpriced Disney shopping mall with few decent food choices.
That's literally what Downtown Disney / Disney Springs always was tbf.

Last time we went the bloke in the plane seat in front tried to recline his seat less than an hour into the flight.....bearing in mind we took off around lunchtime I wasn't best impressed.....proper weirdo as he, his Mrs and daughter didn't take a single complimentary drink nor any in flight food for the entire flight....
Same thing happened, the bloke in front of my Mrs reclined and his chair was 6inches away. I pushed him back up and ended up in a heated argument that the flight people calmed down.
He didn’t recline afterwards, I offered to kick him in on land but we kind of shook hands I the airport

Bit of a long post, but bear with me here. For those interested in the parks... I'm actually in Orlando now. I'm returning (somewhete different) after staying at Port Orleans last year. We had a fantastic time with the bairns but the food was awful and felt like a high-school canteen. Disney springs wasn't anything like we thought it would be and it basically seemed like a wall to wall crowded overpriced Disney shopping mall with few decent food choices. But the hotel (minus the food and hoards of kids, and the distance from everywhere) down the river was the real florida experience and we vowed to come back.

I have a weird relationship with this place. Ive made no secret on here that I was diagnosed with cancer last year and my current trip is to make up for the last trip. I actually found out something was wrong for the first tine after carrying my 4 year old through the jurassic Park River ride for two hours. He was knackered and couldn't stand. I couldn't moved my arm afterwards and I'm still paralysed below the elbow from it and i guess if I hadn't visited the park I'd never have known 😅 Anyway, things are looking up... and the same ride today took me 30 mins to the front line.

I made the decision to stay in universal this year very short cues in all the rides, only minutes from the park and we get early access. Hotels are worse visually but the foods miles better and it takes 5 mins to get into the studios. If you've got kids that makes a huge difference. Looking back I'd advise to stay as close as possible so you can go In the parks for one or two rides then relax in the hotel rather than try it all in one park in one day. Short bursts are miles better, but Disney was great, if you can escape now and then to a real resteraunt and bar in town.
Sorry to hear about Your Health problems marra--did You explore the fast pass options whereby those with Health problems can book a time slot? We were a party of 8 last May 2 of whom have health issues so were able to book fast pass slots for all of us.
I actually found Disney Springs an upgrade on the old Pleasure Island for live music. Shops were expensive as You would expext but 1 walk through was enough for our group. Thought Fish n chips there were very good and when using Disney bus transfer no security check so took a couple of cans each with us in cool bag and just got one or 2 drinks there. Music at outside stages as well as indoors but even Bar next to House of Blues You could wander in with Your own drink.

Food on parks was as above but we found the variety in a kids meal topped us up and best vfm. We also used Walmart delivery to Pop Century resort for food and drink. Cool bags and insulated backpack let us take butties and fruit with us for some days out at parks etc

Sorry to hear about Your Health problems marra--did You explore the fast pass options whereby those with Health problems can book a time slot? We were a party of 8 last May 2 of whom have health issues so were able to book fast pass slots for all of us.
I actually found Disney Springs an upgrade on the old Pleasure Island for live music. Shops were expensive as You would expext but 1 walk through was enough for our group. Thought Fish n chips there were very good and when using Disney bus transfer no security check so took a couple of cans each with us in cool bag and just got one or 2 drinks there. Music at outside stages as well as indoors but even Bar next to House of Blues You could wander in with Your own drink.

Food on parks was as above but we found the variety in a kids meal topped us up and best vfm. We also used Walmart delivery to Pop Century resort for food and drink. Cool bags and insulated backpack let us take butties and fruit with us for some days out at parks etc
Pretty much agree with all of this. Actually, I didn't get the fast pass. Someone else mentioned it but I'd feel bad taking them up pn it. Some really disabled kids were at the fast pass desk, and this old fart still has some miles left. Id recommend it to others though.

Same thing happened, the bloke in front of my Mrs reclined and his chair was 6inches away. I pushed him back up and ended up in a heated argument that the flight people calmed down.
He didn’t recline afterwards, I offered to kick him in on land but we kind of shook hands I the airport
I get annoyed when people recline straight away but they are allowed to do it?

I never recline, neither do my 3 lads. It’s just rude and not comfortable for the person sat behind
Neither do I but it’s a running joke with me and the wife that the person in front of me always reclines the second the seat belt light goes off. When you are tall like I am it absolutely crushes your knees and makes it impossible to get comfortable or use your table.

I normally ask them politely if they wouldn’t mind putting their seat back and most people do when they see I literally can’t move, however some people are just selfish wankers. Had a battle with a French bloke on a flight back from New York who wouldn’t move it back so I just made sure the twat didn’t get any sleep with a well timed shove of his seat every few minutes.

Back