Disney world Florida

Off to Disney world with the kids and wife on the 14 th staying at coranado springs resort in Disney, anyone got any helpful tips and and advice etc
Bring lots of money. I’m here now and can’t believe how much everything is compared to pre pandemic.
You can manage without genie+ but you need to get up early and take advantage of the early entry.
You almost need to go onto a 2 sleep pattern. Up early, then back to hotel for a swim and nap. Then back to parks on an evening and stay as late as you can.

Off to Disney world with the kids and wife on the 14 th staying at coranado springs resort in Disney, anyone got any helpful tips and and advice etc
There now with my lot in Coronado springs. Been impressed with it to be fair. Hotel is really smart and well kept.

Get in the parks sharpish with a bit of a plan. Some of the queues are mental after an hour or so. Make the most of early entry (30 mins) compared to regular visitors.

Blizzard beach is due open (has been for last couple of months) but currently still closed.

There now with my lot in Coronado springs. Been impressed with it to be fair. Hotel is really smart and well kept.

Get in the parks sharpish with a bit of a plan. Some of the queues are mental after an hour or so. Make the most of early entry (30 mins) compared to regular visitors.

Blizzard beach is due open (has been for last couple of months) but currently still closed.

We were there when blizzard beach originally opened , if you weren’t in the queue by 9.30 am you had no chance of getting in.

Queues, Genie and price hikes have really dulled my enthusiam for nother holiday at DW.

Seems they are trying to really hammer people on price. Can't really blame them, as judging by the demand, people are willing to pay.

if your planning on doing the animal world safari tour....do it as early in the day as possible

thats when you will see the animals....they go into the shade when the temperature rises
plan your days....

get into parks early as possible...do all the bigger rides first....these are the ones
that tend to have the larger queue,s

if you can ....get the fast track passes... cost extra but worth it

Last edited:
Cheers lads what’s the price hikes on? We have the meal plan so we get a bit if an allowance every day
With the meal plan, you shouldn't need to buy any food or (soft) drinks, but you need to learn how to manage it. You get drinks with each meal, but you also get free fill ups, so we used to put the meal drinks to one side for later. If you get a snack with the meal, try to get something that is sealed so you can keep it for later.

Also, if you are going out of disney for the day, use your meal plan to get a sandwich and drink to take with you (some parks may search you on the way in mind - we used to put all the bait on the bottom of the buggy (or stroller as they say over there!)) which they didn't check iirc.

If you've got any snacks left at the end of the holiday, you can use them to buy chocolate/sweets from the disney shops to take home.

With the meal plan, you shouldn't need to buy any food or (soft) drinks, but you need to learn how to manage it. You get drinks with each meal, but you also get free fill ups, so we used to put the meal drinks to one side for later. If you get a snack with the meal, try to get something that is sealed so you can keep it for later.

Also, if you are going out of disney for the day, use your meal plan to get a sandwich and drink to take with you (some parks may search you on the way in mind - we used to put all the bait on the bottom of the buggy (or stroller as they say over there!)) which they didn't check iirc.

If you've got any snacks left at the end of the holiday, you can use them to buy chocolate/sweets from the disney shops to take home.
Your allowed to take food in aren’t you ?? We planned to get some shopping from Walmart they actually deliver to the resort also

We were there when blizzard beach originally opened , if you weren’t in the queue by 9.30 am you had no chance of getting in.
We found that with Volcano Bay .... Even with virtual queues I just found it a waste of time / day having to wait over 2 hours for some of the water slides. I'm going back next year but will be avoiding the water parks

Assume the places will be rammed this year with it being the anniversary

Cheers lads what’s the price hikes on? We have the meal plan so we get a bit if an allowance every day
I thought the Disney Dining was finished? We’ve been put off going back since they removed the Dining Plan and Fast Pass system, we were hoping and waiting for it all to be restored before we returned.

We had loads of credits left on ours so we had a huge blow out on steaks and lobster in Disney Springs then got loads of ket for the kids and for them to take home for friends. Food portions were so big it was impossible to eat breakfast and two meals a day!

Last edited:
We had loads of credits left on ours so we had a huge blow out on steaks and lobster in Disney Springs then got loads of ket for the kids and for them to take home for friends. Food portions were so big it was impossible to eat breakfast and two meals a day!
That's apparenty been nerfed too - prices up, portions down. Lots of people very unhappy.
Seems Disney are doing everything to ruin the magic. I'm gutted, as I was dying to take the kids for their first trip now that they're getting old enough to enjoy it.
But the price and the expect-experience is just all wrong right now.

Demand still sky high though, as people haven't been going for 2 years due to covid I guess?

That's apparenty been nerfed too - prices up, portions down. Lots of people very unhappy.
Seems Disney are doing everything to ruin the magic. I'm gutted, as I was dying to take the kids for their first trip now that they're getting old enough to enjoy it.
But the price and the expect-experience is just all wrong right now.

Demand still sky high though, as people haven't been going for 2 years due to covid I guess?
Yeah I’m the same as you. We had a fantastic 2 weeks there with Fast Passes and Dining Plan and I wouldn’t want to go back and have a disappointing experience for a huge cost. What makes it more annoying is we had a 3 week holiday booked for Disney, Seaworld and Discovery Cove for 2020 which was obviously wiped out with the pandemic. We will just hang on and see if things improve over the next few years.

Yeah I’m the same as you. We had a fantastic 2 weeks there with Fast Passes and Dining Plan and I wouldn’t want to go back and have a disappointing experience for a huge cost. What makes it more annoying is we had a 3 week holiday booked for Disney, Seaworld and Discovery Cove for 2020 which was obviously wiped out with the pandemic. We will just hang on and see if things improve over the next few years.
I'm trying to talk the missus into a driving holiday through northern europe next summer. Ferry to amsterdam, then drop in a 3-4 theme parks as you drive towards DLP, then 3 nights there.
Ferry back to south coast, and maybe 1 or 2 parks on the way home that we woudn't usually be able to visit due to distance.

I think the kids would love it - 10 days at theme parks in about 16 days, and never more then 2-3 hours driving on any day.

I'm trying to talk the missus into a driving holiday through northern europe next summer. Ferry to amsterdam, then drop in a 3-4 theme parks as you drive towards DLP, then 3 nights there.
Ferry back to south coast, and maybe 1 or 2 parks on the way home that we woudn't usually be able to visit due to distance.

I think the kids would love it - 10 days at theme parks in about 16 days, and never more then 2-3 hours driving on any day.
Go to Duinrell which is only about a half hour drive from Ijmuiden. Good theme park and an amazing water park, also next to a beautiful little town which has loads of nice restaurants and the best ice cream shop you could ever find. We are booked up for this summer and will be our 4th visit.

Your allowed to take food in aren’t you ?? We planned to get some shopping from Walmart they actually deliver to the resort also
I'm sure some of the non disney parks are a bit iffy about taking in your own food, especially sea world.

As I said, if you're on the meal plan you shouldn't need to buy any other food (unless of course it gets took off you on your way into another park, but that would happen if you'd also bought it from wall mart).

If you get sandwiches made up, ask them to wrap them in cellophane. We kept asking them to wrap them in cling film and ended up getting them on paper plates with a plastic cover (which are no good for putting in bags), then I realised why I was getting blank looks when I said cling film as they call it cellophane and didn't know what I was talking about.

Also, they are absolutely ridiculous with alcohol. I kept getting asked for ID even though I was 43 last time I went, and in the parks some of the kiosks wouldn't let me get two drinks if my missus wasn't right next to me (they kept asking who the other drink was for), so she had to go herself. Even the disney shops would only let me buy something like 4 bottles/cans at a time.

Go to Duinrell which is only about a half hour drive from Ijmuiden. Good theme park and an amazing water park, also next to a beautiful little town which has loads of nice restaurants and the best ice cream shop you could ever find. We are booked up for this summer and will be our 4th visit.
there is another park called Efteling in Netherlands...south of Rotterdam... took our kids there years ago..whilst working over there..

quite good

Also, they are absolutely ridiculous with alcohol. I kept getting asked for ID even though I was 43 last time I went, and in the parks some of the kiosks wouldn't let me get two drinks if my missus wasn't right next to me (they kept asking who the other drink was for), so she had to go herself. Even the disney shops would only let me buy something like 4 bottles/cans at a time.
it just shows everyone’s experience can be different. I’m here now and as 52 yr old have been asked once at the Coca Cola rooftop bar where they seemed to just ask everyone. My daughter and her boyfriend are with us, 22 year old, and they are getting asked about 25% of the time. Mind the price of drinks in the parks means I’m not buying very much. I have just got some from Walmart in the room to have a couple when we get back on an evening.
Seaworld are very strict about not taking food in.
Everything. It all mounts up. You might escape the worst of it by having a meal plan, but you can’t get that anymore.
The exchange rate is also really bad.

Last edited:

Back