Destiny 2

The problem with Destiny 2 is that they made it with the idea of improving on Destiny 1 and by that I mean the base Destiny 1 prior to the DLCs. They either ignored all the great things that the DLCs brought or were too far along to implement them.

Again it will take DLC and the live team's QoL updates to fix the issues.
Problem is not many are sticking around for that and fewer are willing to pay for it. I mean come on I've been with it since day one and I've had to pay for access to the same exotics 3-4 times already.

Just for a few minutes look at Destiny as the sequel to D2 and every bullet point is an improvement on D2.

• Random rolls on weapons and armour.
  • Freely access story missions whenever you want.
  • A new raid with each expansion.
  • Strikes with varying goals. Not all just time based.
  • 6v6 pvp.
  • Exotics that actually feel exotic.
There’s many more comparisons but I’m drinking red wine so I can’t engage my brain enough.

Sane here, they've made a right mess of what should have been an easy job. They pandered too much to first time players and casuals.
Yup.
I clocked over 1000 hours on the first and all the DLC. This one I doubt I've reached 30 and am totally bored. Tbh I was disappointed seeing the Taken back. Lazy game design. And the planets are all shite.

The problem with Destiny 2 is that they made it with the idea of improving on Destiny 1 and by that I mean the base Destiny 1 prior to the DLCs. They either ignored all the great things that the DLCs brought or were too far along to implement them.

Again it will take DLC and the live team's QoL updates to fix the issues.

The DLC is the problem not relying on it to make it better. At any point does a game rely on DLC then it's a failure from the launch, see games like The Division for proof of that.

The core game in Destiny 2 was shredded of content so much it left a very bare game, when you pay premium price for a game the content must come with the game, DLC doesn't fix that, your average person doesn't even buy DLC when they've just paid premium for the core game, you can get away with it in a £20 game, but not a £40-50 game.
Secondly the game is just basically a commerical cash cow for Bungie, there was no soul put into the game, the mindset was and actually still is today, we'll release a basic game and shove everything else behind a paywall - I saw that the new public events like Faction Rallys are only available to Season Pass owners and it's physically impossible to reach the Powerlevel to do the new PvE content unless you buy it, congratulations on alienating more than half of your playerbase.

They went from developing 1 of the best games ever made, saw they had a franchise built, sold themselves out and cashed in on it with 1 of the worst developed games ever in Destiny 2

The DLC is the problem not relying on it to make it better. At any point does a game rely on DLC then it's a failure from the launch, see games like The Division for proof of that.

The core game in Destiny 2 was shredded of content so much it left a very bare game, when you pay premium price for a game the content must come with the game, DLC doesn't fix that, your average person doesn't even buy DLC when they've just paid premium for the core game, you can get away with it in a £20 game, but not a £40-50 game.
Secondly the game is just basically a commerical cash cow for Bungie, there was no soul put into the game, the mindset was and actually still is today, we'll release a basic game and shove everything else behind a paywall - I saw that the new public events like Faction Rallys are only available to Season Pass owners and it's physically impossible to reach the Powerlevel to do the new PvE content unless you buy it, congratulations on alienating more than half of your playerbase.

They went from developing 1 of the best games ever made, saw they had a franchise built, sold themselves out and cashed in on it with 1 of the worst developed games ever in Destiny 2
well said! All my mates stopped playing it. They thought it was that bad they never attempted the raid.
I still go on from time to time and do crucible but even that's frustrating! Why won't they let you choose which game mode you'd like to play?

well said! All my mates stopped playing it. They thought it was that bad they never attempted the raid.
I still go on from time to time and do crucible but even that's frustrating! Why won't they let you choose which game mode you'd like to play?
Why do you find The Crucible frustrating?

Will anyone be coming back for the second dlc released in a week or so?
Though the September expansion seems to be the one that will fix everything like.

Lots of buffs to exotics, an end game horde mode public event plus the usual additions.
I'm fairly optimistic they they're heading in the right direction but so they bloody should be.

I'm almost up to 500 hours play time. Got a few real life mates to run nightfalls and shit with, so whilst it's far from perfect it is still fun to waste a few hours on.

Though the September expansion seems to be the one that will fix everything like.

Lots of buffs to exotics, an end game horde mode public event plus the usual additions.
I'm fairly optimistic they they're heading in the right direction but so they bloody should be.

I'm almost up to 500 hours play time. Got a few real life mates to run nightfalls and shit with, so whilst it's far from perfect it is still fun to waste a few hours on.
I enjoy it more than first one.Mind I'm in quite an active clan,

Aye, barely touched it since the new year though. Looking forward to trying that horde-esque mode.

According to companion app I've got no characters. If that's true it can fuck right off. :)

Back