Derby County officially have been taken over

what do you want the fa to do-the chap has the money and is buying his hometown club..
if the f WANT to get involed somewhere..focus on the clubs being run to launder money-not the clubs owned by supporters
and who bought our club and there seemed to be an issue but they let it go through.
Just because you have money, does not mean it will be used.

and wtf are you on about on your second sentence. you are just having a rant.

and who bought our club and there seemed to be an issue but they let it go through.
Just because you have money, does not mean it will be used.

and wtf are you on about on your second sentence. you are just having a rant.
of course it doesnt mean it will be used..why the fuck should it be used? The ideal scenario for the league is that clubs generate their own money..the ;eague do not want owners who spend wrecklessly...

Because they were literally weeks from being liquidated and being refused entry to the league next season.

Clowes buying Pride Park must have simplified things considerably as original plan was buyer of club not to buy pride park so another buyer of pride park was needed who’d then have to agree a rental agreement with the club buyer so it was all a bit messy I think.

That’s my understanding of it all at least

But from all of Clowe’s statement it appears he’s a highly reluctant owner and has bought club simply to save it and try to make the operation sustainable. I doubt he’ll be owner in 2 or 3 years.
your understanding, is probably not a million miles away.

My query is though, why have the FA allowed this to drag on and on.

owning the ground seems to have been a hurdle for a good while

same with us, the FA had doubts (for whatever reason, as not been made public) as they called D & M back, yet they still allowed it to go through.

It looks to me as the FA are dithering, see something but not quite sure

of course it doesnt mean it will be used..why the fuck should it be used? The ideal scenario for the league is that clubs generate their own money..the ;eague do not want owners who spend wrecklessly...
true but why should they be allowed to take money out of clubs

man u fans aint happy about the way the glaziers bought the club.

we aint happy about the way some of the parachute payments went.

yet nobody has done anything wrong.

Other clubs have suffered as well.

Who and when decides money spent recklessly.

true but why should they be allowed to take money out of clubs

man u fans aint happy about the way the glaziers bought the club.

we aint happy about the way some of the parachute payments went.

yet nobody has done anything wrong.

Other clubs have suffered as well.

Who and when decides money spent recklessly.
why shouldnt they be allowed to make a profit? i mean one can look at the ethics of some of the ways money is extracted, bu why shouldnt a club make a profit and an owner have that money? The owner takes the risk if it goes wrong, why shouldnt they get the reward if it goes right?#
The EFL decides whether money is spent wrecklessly..

Great news. Got some mates who are Derby fans who were bricking it that they were going under who will hopefully be breathing easier after all this.

Enjoy your night @steadybreeze mate.
I'm glad. Some great history between our two clubs and I've always had a soft spot for them since going to a conference in Pride Park years ago and a guy who worked there randomly giving me a complete tour of the ground in his lunch hour, purely out of kindness. Hope they do well next season and get back to where they belong.

why shouldnt they be allowed to make a profit? i mean one can look at the ethics of some of the ways money is extracted, bu why shouldnt a club make a profit and an owner have that money? The owner takes the risk if it goes wrong, why shouldnt they get the reward if it goes right?#
The EFL decides whether money is spent wrecklessly..
I have no issue, with owners taking some part of a profit, but issue is, when is a profit or when is it that money becomes available.

Most owners do take a massive hit when it goes wrong and they also have to pay money in as per their responsibilities.

It is not the decent owners that we complain about, it is those that are willing to shuffle finance around in order to take money out

I have no issue, with owners taking some part of a profit, but issue is, when is a profit or when is it that money becomes available.

Most owners do take a massive hit when it goes wrong and they also have to pay money in as per their responsibilities.

It is not the decent owners that we complain about, it is those that are willing to shuffle finance around in order to take money out
all money is essneitlaly shuffled around..of course there are more egregious examples than others..the recent burnley example being a case in point

Madness people looking at him and comparing him to Donald; his main company is valued at £300million, Donald sold Bridle insurance for £10milliom. This mans statement said actions are louder than words and they’ll see actions rather than direct communications, he’s nothing like Donald
brdiel insurance wasnt donalds main company..
this new derby lad is a pilot..he doesnt have a company..his dad had one..this guy doesnt work in it or anything.

this new derby lad is a pilot..he doesnt have a company..his dad had one..this guy doesnt work in it or anything.
What is Donald’s main company? And he’s not a pilot at all that’s not his job, he enjoys flying so put himself through his qualifications and his helicopter is worth £850K or something not him. The Sunday Times in 2018 put him on their rich list at £252million and that’s closer to £300million now, his proper management company is very successful and they’ve got a lot of land that hasn’t been built on, he’s paid £12million out already so he’s not exactly skint

What is Donald’s main company? And he’s not a pilot at all that’s not his job, he enjoys flying so put himself through his qualifications and his helicopter is worth £850K or something not him. The Sunday Times in 2018 put him on their rich list at £252million and that’s closer to £300million now, his proper management company is very successful and they’ve got a lot of land that hasn’t been built on, he’s paid £12million out already so he’s not exactly skint

Donald sold off the insurance businesses, and is now concentrating on car, van and truck leasing.

on companies house he lists his occuption as pilot.
donalds main company has been the car leasing one for years..
im not saying the derby lad isnt rich..im saying he didnt work in the family business full time..he inherited it.he worked for british midland as a [pilot until 2012 as his job..he became non executive chairman in 2015..

here is the companies house filing for David Clowes and the company that bought Derby..look at what he lists under occuption..https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/rHj4xOzRJ-1lXO0qO7JOxkYPWL0/appointments

Isn’t David Clowes the chairman or CEO ofClowes Developments? He inherited the company from his dad presumably but he still runs the company I believe…

I worked with Dave Clowes many years ago when he trained to be an airline pilot. He is Derby through to the bone and a very good lad. I’m sure whatever he tries to do will be in the best interests of DCFC.
That's great to hear, he's been very quiet on things so far, he seem to shy away from the media.
I'm glad. Some great history between our two clubs...
Todd, Clough, Marco, Roy Greenwood..say no more!!

Last edited:

Back