Derby County officially have been taken over

I agree with this to be honest. Screw everyone over including no doubt local businesses, get a clean slate, move on like nothings happened and sign top top players for the level on high wages.
There should be ongoing limitations applied to clubs that exit admin. Extreme FFP should be applied for multiple seasons following it. Clubs shouldn’t be able to get a clean slate by effectively defaulting on payments to creditors. It opens the possibility that absolutely no lessons are learned and they end up straight back here through consequence free spending.

That being said I’m happy that derby will survive. Would be a huge shame to see a good club go the distance due to bad ownership.

Not sure on how great this is going to turn out to be. As soon as this ownership got close, Rooney walked and he’s stuck around through bad times and onwards, until that point.

I hope my feelings are wrong for the club and the fans sake but feel like there’s something ready to unravel not long into the ownership.

This news gets a bit of positive momentum going though doesn't it. And players wise anyone can see that Derby County are a draw for that level certainly, sure you'll be getting high 20k attendances and only Sheff Wed, Bolton, Ipswich or Pompey come close in that league.

Perhaps a year of consolidation, but excitement for you to have a club and see signing after signing roll in.
Need to buy a whole new squad and fill the academy at the same time. I hope we do it in some sort of organised way or we could be in a right mess by christmas
@steadybreeze - the good clubs always get saved.
Absolutely made up for you Mate. Not that much collateral damage and can come back from League One.

Meanwhile we just ensure the shite 😂

This post - 🍺🍺🍺🙌🙌🙌
Thanks, really looking forward to the season now, especially after a few beers tonight 👍👍
I'm alright with Derby...so happy that you still have your ream to support.
Though that's at some price ...cost of a season ticket is the same as a caravan in the Hope Valley (I don't know where that is btw) 😁
Peak District mate, near Edale. I'm lucky that she likes going to games but I said if I didn't go anymore we'd look at spending weekends away in a van or whatever. Close call that 😉
I agree with this to be honest. Screw everyone over including no doubt local businesses, get a clean slate, move on like nothings happened and sign top top players for the level on high wages.
We're not coming out of it with a clean slate though, there are strict guidelines in place on how much we can pay in wages, how much owe can spend on agent fees and how long contracts we can offer, we've lost an entire generation of young talent, half of them going to top six clubs for peanuts. I think we're paying 5x what Leeds payed in the ££ to exit administration. This will be hanging over us for years even if we manage to cobble together a squad and get promoted

Last edited:
Glad to hear.

I don't know which they'll be happiest about. Being saved or that Ashley's rumoured involvement was just that.

But what about their mascot?

Logon or register to see this image

Need to buy a whole new squad and fill the academy at the same time. I hope we do it in some sort of organised way or we could be in a right mess by christmas

Thanks, really looking forward to the season now, especially after a few beers tonight 👍👍

Peak District mate, near Edale. I'm lucky that she likes going to games but I said if I didn't go anymore we'd look at spending weekends away in a van or whatever. Close call that 😉

We're not coming out of it with a clean slate though, there are strict guidelines in place on how much we can pay in wages, how much owe can spend on agent fees and how long contracts we can offer, we've lost an entire generation of young talent, half of them going to top six clubs for peanuts. I think we're paying 5x what Leeds payed in the ££ to exit administration. This will be hanging over us for years even if we manage to cobble together a squad and get promoted
Reading your last paragraph, I get why the restrictions are put in place. However, I find it rough on the new administration that this is happening as they weren't to blame for the financial mess.

I'm also not sure what good points deductions are, as effectively relegating a side by an excessive points reduction makes it harder to claw back money. I understand the deterrent argument, though I'd prefer it to be more discretionary with the option of reducing or removing it if the new people coming in have a sound business plan they can present to the League or FA.

Last edited:
You go on about people giving it 'billy big bollocks', yet Sunderland haven't even kicked a ball in the championship yet and you're 'lording' it over a league one club - the league you were in for 4 seasons, and giving it the usual arrogant tinpot label.
Why you going on like boro are decent? Hahaha

There are huge differences. If I run a shop I don't have fans who are massively emotionally invested in the outcome of my poor ownership. If I go bust, its my fault and the people shop elsehwhere. With a football club fans and the community lose something central to it that connects people together, the fans end up with nothing - they aren't going off to support someone else as you simply can't replace a football club.

A better example - I've gone to the match with my dad for as long as I can remember, its our thing and its what we do. If we went bust and we lost that, I'm losing a lot more than a football club aren't I? Yeah we could do something else together, but it wouldn't be the same.
Exactly how I felt when my Dad was alive, it was our thing.

The whole club needs a kickstart, we don't have a sponsor, no players, no season tickets on sale yet, no kit. It's going to be a big enough task to start the season with a full subs bench let alone go up. You never know though, the atmosphere at the first few games will be unbelievable!!
Personally I think that you’ll do a ‘Blackpool’. Complete rebuild, start slow, build momentum as the new players start to gel, then win the play offs. Good for you, I hope it comes off and you enjoy the season.

Who've they signed?
Apparently Curtis Davies has almost definitely re-signed and they’re in for Conor Hourihane, Tom Barkhuizen who used to play for Preston I think and James Chester all of which you’d say are historically at least potentially ‘too good for League 1’

Let’s see if they can get them all over the line and how they gel.

No chance they’ll go straight back up obviously with Sheff Weds, Ipswich, Barnsley, Peterboro etc.

Thanks, been a terrible time for the city as well as the club. Just hope we can be competitive again. I'll be getting my Season Ticket whenever they go on sale, missus will be gutted she thought she was getting a caravan in the hope valley 😉
Is Cashin staying with ye or has be been released ?
Was hoping Louie Watson would have stayed with ye and got decent game time this season but seen he joined Luton.
You think ye will be able to hold onto Jason Knight ?
Yer academy has done an amazing job last few years of bringing players into the first team just a shame ye have lost so many would have been exciting to watch them develop together .

how come since the preferred bidders have dropped out, a new deal is struck within 2-3 weeks.

Somebody needs to look at what is going on.
Because they were literally weeks from being liquidated and being refused entry to the league next season.

Clowes buying Pride Park must have simplified things considerably as original plan was buyer of club not to buy pride park so another buyer of pride park was needed who’d then have to agree a rental agreement with the club buyer so it was all a bit messy I think.

That’s my understanding of it all at least

But from all of Clowe’s statement it appears he’s a highly reluctant owner and has bought club simply to save it and try to make the operation sustainable. I doubt he’ll be owner in 2 or 3 years.

Last edited:

Back