Derby County officially have been taken over

Isn’t David Clowes the chairman or CEO ofClowes Developments? He inherited the company from his dad presumably but he still runs the company I believe…
no..he is chairman..someone else is managing directir and runs the company..clowes is part time chairman and a pilot..thats what he told companies house anyway..please dont call him a liar

I think it’s fair to say he’s not an extrovert😂
I've only ever seen one photo of him sat smiling at his desk, he's like Howard Hughes.

Seriously though, i want us to drop off the radar, no more 'Lampards' Derby, 'Rooneys' Derby or any of that bollocks. Just hang on to as many kids as we can and get some old heads in around them who's legs hopefully havent gone. Hourihane would be an unbelievable signing, bringing back memories of when we dropped in to the 3rd div last time and signed the then England international John Gregory who transformed the team. I dont really want David McGoldrick but it would be worth it just to see Steve Gibsons head explode.

Season tickets finally go on sale tomorrow as well but no payment plans, times are getting tough especially for people with families to support, bound to impact sales (they arent the cheapest either!)

As much as I'm happy for Derby's fans, who hae suffered, I have a problem with them seemingly offering better wages to Hourihane than several Championship clubs, after likely bumping a load of creditors (probably local small firms etc) whilst in administration recently.
It happens all the time.

As much as I'm happy for Derby's fans, who hae suffered, I have a problem with them seemingly offering better wages to Hourihane than several Championship clubs, after likely bumping a load of creditors (probably local small firms etc) whilst in administration recently.
It happens all the time.
Why if the new owner has money plus there wage budget will have been minimal last season

Why if the new owner has money plus there wage budget will have been minimal last season
Because it happens all the time - local businesses go tits-up and jobs are lost, then, all of a sudden the club responsible ends up paying the biggest wages in the division. Wigan did it, as have Leicester, Southampton, Portsmouth etc. Always in League One as well.
Just seems wrong to me.

Because it happens all the time - local businesses go tits-up and jobs are lost, then, all of a sudden the club responsible ends up paying the biggest wages in the division. Wigan did it, as have Leicester, Southampton, Portsmouth etc. Always in League One as well.
Just seems wrong to me.
What do you want them to do, imagine if you were a derby fan and new owners just bought in cheap shite in to fill the squad

What do you want them to do, imagine if you were a derby fan and new owners just bought in cheap shite in to fill the squad
There is more to life than football and it happens all the time. Administration is the reset to start again, fuck everyone else and be at an advantage over many of the third tier, it seems

There is more to life than football and it happens all the time. Administration is the reset to start again, fuck everyone else and be at an advantage over many of the third tier, it seems
Team with more money buy better players like anywhere in football we have done it as well, by your logic nobody would spend much at all

why would their wage budget have been minimal last season-they got a points deduction for over spending
Not entirely true, the cash injection from the owner didn’t happen this time and even though they had a low wage budget the previous few years had hammered it, that goes for both Derby and Reading

Team with more money buy better players like anywhere in football we have done it as well, by your logic nobody would spend much at all
Not really, the point is being made that they completely shafted business, some of whom will have not had a great deal to start with to then go and throw significant wages to footballers.

It’s a disgrace.

It happens all the time.
Agreed. Like you say pleased for Derby as they're a good club. But, less than a few weeks ago they nearly went out of existence, in part due to reckless overspending, now they're allowed to blow big money on likes of hourihane etc. Should be some sort of salary cap imposed for season or two for clubs like that imo.

Last edited:
Not entirely true, the cash injection from the owner didn’t happen this time and even though they had a low wage budget the previous few years had hammered it, that goes for both Derby and Reading
i mean i get iot that AFTER the club went into admin the wage bill will have fallen as players were sold but...

Back