Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really struggling the last couple weeks. Posted a blog post on here in the past and those endless negative thoughts after back.
Been told that I must work from home whilst my colleagues are still doing home visits was the tipping point, was just about getting by until then.
Then mam got diagnosed with terminal cancer on Sunday. She's had surgery earlier today but still haven't heard from her. I'm a mess.

Life is shit sometimes.

On the plus side I haven't turned to drink, despite the temptation, other than a bottle of red over the course of three days a couple weeks back and I've managed to get some stuff done in the garden which got rid some of the emotion. Smashing the crap out of a small tree and overgrown blackberry bushes with a machete is quite therapeutic.
That's awful mate. Reach out to someone you know well. One thing I've learned from this whole sorry debacle is that human contact means an awful lot.

Inbox has space of you need mate. I won't be much help but you can vent away. You have 45 mins tho as after that it's bed time :D

That's awful mate. Reach out to someone you know well. One thing I've learned from this whole sorry debacle is that human contact means an awful lot.

Inbox has space of you need mate. I won't be much help but you can vent away. You have 45 mins tho as after that it's bed time :D
Thanks, really appreciate the offer but I'm fine for venting right now. We've a big close family and we're all rallying around each other, normally I stay on the periphery but recent events have changed that.

It's much appreciated though, thank you.
getting piled in to a shit load of overgrown brambles is cracking therapy. Once you’ve chopped them back, the really good bit is putting on a really thick pair of gloves and a pair of overalls and reaching right down to soil level, put your back into it and pull them right out by the roots.

Mebbes consider doing the machete chop back now then wait till the rains at the back end of the week have softened the soil a bit before going for phase 2.
I've dug a fair bit out, the rest can wait until after the rain. Going for a full overhaul, dug up some of the grass and started some low maintenance veg and leaves off.

Last edited:
How are you doing now? Thinking of you 😘

Thinking of you marra and hope things get easier as the day passes 😘
Thank you.

I'm feeling a bit better now, it's been a while since I posted this and everything was very raw. We have now laid my mam to rest and it's starting to feel like a relief now, I'd thays the right thing to say. She had been unwell for so long and ultimately her time to go. Just so frustrating that shes gone now during this bloody pandemic. Funeral was as best we could do under the circumstances. Thankfully we were allowed 15 people inside the crem and there were plenty outside too respecting the social distancing requirements. We are going to get everyone together when this is all over for a big knees up and remember her properly.

As for my job, the consultation process ended today and thankfully I'm being kept on! Yet another relief. By God it's been a tough 8 weeks and I'm just ready for this to all bugger off.

So if folk could just do as we are told and use your commons sense if you dont understand fully and stay the heck home. We might just get out and enjoy some of 2020 soon! . Xx

Last edited:
Thanks, really appreciate the offer but I'm fine for venting right now. We've a big close family and we're all rallying around each other, normally I stay on the periphery but recent events have changed that.

It's much appreciated though, thank you.

I've dug a fair bit out, the rest can wait until after the rain. Going for a full overhaul, dug up some of the grass and started some low maintenance veg and leaves off.
Nw mate. I'm here often in any case if you need an anonymous person

bad day today

lets see what tomorrow brings

Tomorrow is always a different day mate. I had bad day yesterday but a bit better tonight. Drinking too much and just being a dick. Back at work tom still in my phases return.

On 100mg sertraline now and seems to be working apart from sometimes when I’m asleep I wake up soaked in cold sweat.

Sending my
Love to everyone.

Tomorrow is always a different day mate. I had bad day yesterday but a bit better tonight. Drinking too much and just being a dick. Back at work tom still in my phases return.

On 100mg sertraline now and seems to be working apart from sometimes when I’m asleep I wake up soaked in cold sweat.

Sending my
Love to everyone.
Funny you should say that

Am on 150mg sertraline and get cold night sweats. Last night it was literally the sheets, duvet and pillow. Had to turn the pillow over for the first time 😳

Am on 150mg sertraline and get cold night sweats. Last night it was literally the sheets, duvet and pillow. Had to turn the pillow over for the first time 😳

Aye that’s what I’m like. It’s horrible can’t get a decent sleep through it.

Am on 150mg sertraline and get cold night sweats. Last night it was literally the sheets, duvet and pillow. Had to turn the pillow over for the first time

Aye that’s what I’m like. It’s horrible can’t get a decent sleep through it.
Speak to your GP. If the sleep is an issue as a direct result of the increased sweating then it may be worthwhile discussing if a change or additional medication could be offered. GPs are often quite hesitant to prescribe two antidepressants together but there is evidence to suggest that introducing a small dose of Mirtazapine can help reduce night sweats as a result of antidepressant prescriptions. There are other options also, as with all medication changes it's measuring potential risks and benefits and this best done with your GP.

I was only on 30 sertraline and gave me really bad headaches, appetite and fatigue

Speak to your GP. If the sleep is an issue as a direct result of the increased sweating then it may be worthwhile discussing if a change or additional medication could be offered. GPs are often quite hesitant to prescribe two antidepressants together but there is evidence to suggest that introducing a small dose of Mirtazapine can help reduce night sweats as a result of antidepressant prescriptions. There are other options also, as with all medication changes it's measuring potential risks and benefits and this best done with your GP.
Funny you should also say that. GP has recently prescribed a small dose of mirtazapine as well for sleep. Been on it before and does knock me out
I was only on 30 sertraline and gave me really bad headaches, appetite and fatigue
I find it a strange drug. I changed gp as everytime I went back she just upped the dose. I darent stop now tho as it eradicated my panic attacks

Last edited:
Funny you should also say that. GP has recently prescribed a small dose of mirtazapine as well for sleep. Been on it before and does knock me out
15mg has been shown to reduce the severity of night sweats in 2-4 weeks, also benefits mood and is mildly sedative. Sounds like you've got a good GP. Hope it helps mate.

15mg has been shown to reduce the severity of night sweats in 2-4 weeks, also benefits mood and is mildly sedative. Sounds like you've got a good GP. Hope it helps mate.
That's really helpful actually. Think am 2 weeks into the mirtazapine now

Is new gp who has been much more proactive

Having a bit of a bad time at the moment - my wife told me she wanted us to split up just as this Covid hit, my eldest daughter is home from University and is hardly speaking to me I think for the same reason. Feel absolutely shit at the moment have suffered from mild depression in the past but not to this extent just worthless feelings and looking back thinking of the things I should have done for my marriage and kids. I know there's no time machine but can't help looking at the photo of the lids in the junior schools and thinking if only. To make things worse both me and the mrs are both working from home.
Having a bit of a bad time at the moment - my wife told me she wanted us to split up just as this Covid hit, my eldest daughter is home from University and is hardly speaking to me I think for the same reason. Feel absolutely shit at the moment have suffered from mild depression in the past but not to this extent just worthless feelings and looking back thinking of the things I should have done for my marriage and kids. I know there's no time machine but can't help looking at the photo of the lids in the junior schools and thinking if only. To make things worse both me and the mrs are both working from home.

and just been told working from home will be for another 6-12 months ffs.

Last edited:

Really sorry to hear parky 😔

No wonder you feel pretty dire.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you can work things out.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you can work things out.

Have had to make an appointment at the Doctors not sure if is anxiety causing the pains in my chest which is knotted and feels like bursting or something more serious. Never been like tis before and not really sure what I should be doing - work have referred mue to the Employee Assistance Programme but not sure what they have to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back