Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah juggling. 4 7 9. All different home school needs. Added to fact she was under impression id be at home beginning of April.

The four year old doesn't even need to be at school legally yet and the other two are still young. I'd just do as much as you can't but don't get stressed if they can't keep up with the volume of work. Staying safe and mentally healthy is more important than doing the school work. They could learn through other ways if they are interested. Even just baking a cake means they have to follow instructions, weigh things out and stuff and it keeps them interested as they get to eat the cake afterwards! That's assuming you can get baking stuff mind.

Painting rocks is a thing again here. Bairns are collecting them and then leaving painted ones out for others to find. A nice project like that might be less stressful.

Both of you need to find time open a bottle of wine and pop your feet up as well, or whatever you like to do to relax.

Keep plodding on. This won't last forever 😘

Struggling today mind.

Our 17 yr old daughter passed away suddenly on 28th December. There's been some hard days since including her 18th birthday, and there will be more to come I'm sure. But I'm sat here on Mother's Day looking at mrs g trying to put a brave face on knowing the pain she's in and there's not a f***ing thing I can do. Just feel uselessness,sadness and helpless. Sick of my f***ing life...

f***ing hell. So sorry to hear this mate.

The four year old doesn't even need to be at school legally yet and the other two are still young. I'd just do as much as you can't but don't get stressed if they can't keep up with the volume of work. Staying safe and mentally healthy is more important than doing the school work. They could learn through other ways if they are interested. Even just baking a cake means they have to follow instructions, weigh things out and stuff and it keeps them interested as they get to eat the cake afterwards! That's assuming you can get baking stuff mind.

Painting rocks is a thing again here. Bairns are collecting them and then leaving painted ones out for others to find. A nice project like that might be less stressful.

Both of you need to find time open a bottle of wine and pop your feet up as well, or whatever you like to do to relax.

Keep plodding on. This won't last forever 😘

Thanks a lot. And some good news.. im working from home from tomorrow. My moan worked :)

Hope youre OK

I'm having a bit of a shit week.

Lost my mam on Friday which has tore me apart. I knew it was inevitable as she has been ill for so long but why did she have to go now, in the middle of all this shit going on.
Then today, 4 days after losing her, I've just been told I'm now at risk of redundancy at work whilst I'm on compassionate leave.

Like talk about kicking someone while they are down.
I've no idea what to do, it's hard enough trying to work from home as I had a different job rolw when this all kicked off, was told all fine etc then within a week of the all fine conversation I was told role been reverted back to my old one so theres the first financial loss and then told we need the staff etc so all will be fine. About 50% staff are furloughed meaning the remaining folk we are keeping the place going. Felt like a bit of an inbetweeners as I wasnt properly back on my own team and I was still helping out the new team. It's just who I am I cant say no and I'm always happy to help. And then this happens today.

I'm just stuck, I'm trying to grieve for my mam who I haven't been able to see and cant see family to console each other and I'm trying to work out how the hell I'm going to cope if I do get made redundant. Theres about 25-30 staff atm incl furloughed and they need to bin off about 8.

God... I'm struggling. 💔

Fuck, today is a struggle. Been wide awake since 4am with that feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. Lay there for 2 hours trying to ward it off. The feeling of complete despair, coupled with trying to manage my breathing in the fear that anxiety would just consume me. I've dragged myself into the shower and then gone out for an early morning walk, following the old tried and tested method of keeping to a routine. But today it seems pointless. Everything just seems bleak. I can't imagine a future for myself right now, it just feels like there's nothing more beyond this feeling. Well, except the feeling of failure. I'm probably more well read on depression than most doctors. I know what it does. I know it's a lying hateful little bastard. I know that it passes. But right now it feels like it takes more than I've got to endure this. It makes me feel guilty that I think like this when others are going through far worse right now and I know this sounds absolutely terrible but I almost envy the fact that things are over for them and not for me.

Anyway, time to log off here and log in to work. 8 hours of those twats is just what I need right now. Hopefully I'll feel better for having got this off my chest. Well, I can't feel any worse.

Fuck, today is a struggle. Been wide awake since 4am with that feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. Lay there for 2 hours trying to ward it off. The feeling of complete despair, coupled with trying to manage my breathing in the fear that anxiety would just consume me. I've dragged myself into the shower and then gone out for an early morning walk, following the old tried and tested method of keeping to a routine. But today it seems pointless. Everything just seems bleak. I can't imagine a future for myself right now, it just feels like there's nothing more beyond this feeling. Well, except the feeling of failure. I'm probably more well read on depression than most doctors. I know what it does. I know it's a lying hateful little bastard. I know that it passes. But right now it feels like it takes more than I've got to endure this. It makes me feel guilty that I think like this when others are going through far worse right now and I know this sounds absolutely terrible but I almost envy the fact that things are over for them and not for me.

Anyway, time to log off here and log in to work. 8 hours of those twats is just what I need right now. Hopefully I'll feel better for having got this off my chest. Well, I can't feel any worse.
Been there myself of late though am ok for some reason this week. Makes no sense how some days are like that you describe.

Others will have better words of wisdom than me. Like you say, it passes. It will again.

Lost my mam on Friday which has tore me apart. I knew it was inevitable as she has been ill for so long but why did she have to go now, in the middle of all this shit going on.
Then today, 4 days after losing her, I've just been told I'm now at risk of redundancy at work whilst I'm on compassionate leave.

I've no idea what to do, it's hard enough trying to work from home as I had a different job rolw when this all kicked off, was told all fine etc then within a week of the all fine conversation I was told role been reverted back to my old one so theres the first financial loss and then told we need the staff etc so all will be fine. About 50% staff are furloughed meaning the remaining folk we are keeping the place going. Felt like a bit of an inbetweeners as I wasnt properly back on my own team and I was still helping out the new team. It's just who I am I cant say no and I'm always happy to help. And then this happens today.

I'm just stuck, I'm trying to grieve for my mam who I haven't been able to see and cant see family to console each other and I'm trying to work out how the hell I'm going to cope if I do get made redundant. Theres about 25-30 staff atm incl furloughed and they need to bin off about 8.

God... I'm struggling. 💔

How are you doing now? Thinking of you 😘

Thinking of you marra and hope things get easier as the day passes 😘

I do feel embarrassed like when you have people like foggy who atr going through a lot worse yet stay positive funny brave and determined to plod on

Anyway, time to log off here an

God... I'm struggling. 💔
Just saw this. What a horrible situation. Wish there was something I could do or say to make things easier.

To be honest now I’m broken, it’s taken it’s toll on my I suffered from so much anxiety and had a diagnosed mental health condition it took me years to get back to normality then this hit has taken me back to the lowest I’ve been went for a walk the other day kissed the wife and kids and held back the tears as I really didn’t think I would return home I was ready to leave this world, I managed to fight the urge and thoughts and sit on a bench for 6 hours

Keep safe everyone and keep on going remember it gets better

To be honest now I’m broken, it’s taken it’s toll on my I suffered from so much anxiety and had a diagnosed mental health condition it took me years to get back to normality then this hit has taken me back to the lowest I’ve been went for a walk the other day kissed the wife and kids and held back the tears as I really didn’t think I would return home I was ready to leave this world, I managed to fight the urge and thoughts and sit on a bench for 6 hours

Look after yourself mate 😘

I do feel embarrassed like when you have people like foggy who atr going through a lot worse yet stay positive funny brave and determined to plod on
Don't. It's OK to struggle mate. He's fighting one thing, you another.

Good work. Strong man to make both those decisions and especially the latter. I said this to my mate before. I'd rather take a phone call from you asking for help than your wife asking where her husband is.

Last edited:
Really struggling the last couple weeks. Posted a blog post on here in the past and those endless negative thoughts after back.
Been told that I must work from home whilst my colleagues are still doing home visits was the tipping point, was just about getting by until then.
Then mam got diagnosed with terminal cancer on Sunday. She's had surgery earlier today but still haven't heard from her. I'm a mess.

Life is shit sometimes.

On the plus side I haven't turned to drink, despite the temptation, other than a bottle of red over the course of three days a couple weeks back and I've managed to get some stuff done in the garden which got rid some of the emotion. Smashing the crap out of a small tree and overgrown blackberry bushes with a machete is quite therapeutic.

Really struggling the last couple weeks. Posted a blog post on here in the past and those endless negative thoughts after back.
Been told that I must work from home whilst my colleagues are still doing home visits was the tipping point, was just about getting by until then.
Then mam got diagnosed with terminal cancer on Sunday. She's had surgery earlier today but still haven't heard from her. I'm a mess.

Life is shit sometimes.

On the plus side I haven't turned to drink, despite the temptation, other than a bottle of red over the course of three days a couple weeks back and I've managed to get some stuff done in the garden which got rid some of the emotion. Smashing the crap out of a small tree and overgrown blackberry bushes with a machete is quite therapeutic.
getting piled in to a shit load of overgrown brambles is cracking therapy. Once you’ve chopped them back, the really good bit is putting on a really thick pair of gloves and a pair of overalls and reaching right down to soil level, put your back into it and pull them right out by the roots.

Mebbes consider doing the machete chop back now then wait till the rains at the back end of the week have softened the soil a bit before going for phase 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back