Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today's the day then, going to ask to be taken off Prozac. I guess its a month or so's taper? So hopefully clear by Xmas.

I missed 2 day's worth of pills last week (by accident), and had awful symptoms, so I'm hoping I can control it better if its planned.

I’m looking to get off my pills, they have made me so much worse.

decided to go cold turkey off my trazodone, tough two weeks with the withdrawals - shaking, sweats, seeing things during the night etc.

feel much better now though,but wouldn’t advise going cold turkey from any meds.

still on duloxetine at the minute, going to see about tapering off them. I still feel depressed, but the zombie like side effects kept me trapped in the house so needed to get rid asap.

Right I'm right on the bones of my arse right now, can't explain to those close how I feel. I need help as I've got no motivation to do fuck all. I just feel my life being sucked out of me, advice needed.

Right I'm right on the bones of my arse right now, can't explain to those close how I feel. I need help as I've got no motivation to do fuck all. I just feel my life being sucked out of me, advice needed.

It's hard to say without knowing the full details but there could be several things going on and it all looks like big one almighty thing at the moment. It's not and it can be fixed in time. Talk to someone. They'll help you break it all down into baby steps and once you start sorting out the little pieces, it's sometimes easier to find the motivation to sort the bigger pieces out. You can drop me or one of the others on here a PM if you want to. There's plenty here who will help you. Look after yourself marra xx

I'm normally buzzing about Christmas, but I'm feeling a bit empty at the moment (don't think the weather is helping my mood much either mind).
Im also thinking I may be going through the change as I have a few of the symptoms and I'm feeling like I'm all over the place.
I've got 2 more weeks left at work after this week and then I'm off for 3 weeks and I honestly can't wait (sometimes I wish I was a bear so I could hibernate for a good long while, this human life can get a bit stressful at times 😜).
My thoughts are with my fellow strugglers, big (((hugs))) and please keep keeping with the keeping on folks 😘 xx

I'm normally buzzing about Christmas, but I'm feeling a bit empty at the moment (don't think the weather is helping my mood much either mind).
Im also thinking I may be going through the change as I have a few of the symptoms and I'm feeling like I'm all over the place.
I've got 2 more weeks left at work after this week and then I'm off for 3 weeks and I honestly can't wait (sometimes I wish I was a bear so I could hibernate for a good long while, this human life can get a bit stressful at times 😜).
My thoughts are with my fellow strugglers, big (((hugs))) and please keep keeping with the keeping on folks 😘 xx

Have you heard of perimenopause? Have a read about that and see if that helps you make sense of the symptoms.

Looking forward to a Christmas break too. Hope you have plenty of rest and some quality time with the bairn xx

You take care too, LOP x

Hibernate anyway. xmas is shit, you won't miss anything. Seeing the increase in parcels already at work, before Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the start of 'xmas pressure', I would like nothing more than to disappear for the next few weeks.

Anyway, strange night last night and I've no idea how to respond, though the next thing I do will be to read that article in the Guardian. Had a great evening at the music quiz, won a load of money on the football and had a decent drink, and me own troubles had been put aside for a while and then, on the way home, one of me oldest mates tells me how he plans to end it all. He's very matter of fact about it, very intelligent bloke who just seems to have had enough of life. He can still have a good time but doesn't feel that all the bits in between are worth it, had enough of loneliness and rejection, basically. He had talked about this a few months ago but I'd thought it was just a dip and he'd got over it because he had seemed fine since. Though he's very calm and matter-of-fact when he's talking about it, just occasionally there are clear signs of depression when he chokes up and shows some tears. He's already making the arrangements, putting his property up for sale (his will will distribute the proceeds to a few charities as he has cut his son out - my feeling is that the root of his problems is there) sorting out the paperwork etc.

It's strange, I really can't decide what I feel about it. He has explored various options in the past and I know that nothing I suggest would be new to him or be of any interest. He is just determined to take control and end things on his own terms. I strongly believe that we have things totally wrong in this country when it comes to people choosing to die rather than endure the pain and misery of physical illness so isn't this the same? He has no physical ailments but shouldn't apparently incurable 'mental illness' be regarded in the same way?? I've lost a couple of friends who went out of the blue with no warning or explanation and the impact on those left behind is horrible with all those unanswered questions, but that wouldn't be the case here. I don't want him to do it, for selfish reasons - I like having him around! - but I'm not sure that it's actually any of my business. I would worry about the impact it would have on his estranged son (who does appear to have turned into a proper twat) when he finds out, and wonder whether there's not an element of revenge in all this, but I think the rest of his friends and family might just have to respect his decision, and I'm sure he'll explain it to them.

I'm meeting him later on, ironically because he reckons I need a good talking to about how I'm dealing/not dealing with MY problems!! Any thoughts on how to proceed?!?

Hibernate anyway. xmas is shit, you won't miss anything. Seeing the increase in parcels already at work, before Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the start of 'xmas pressure', I would like nothing more than to disappear for the next few weeks.

Anyway, strange night last night and I've no idea how to respond, though the next thing I do will be to read that article in the Guardian. Had a great evening at the music quiz, won a load of money on the football and had a decent drink, and me own troubles had been put aside for a while and then, on the way home, one of me oldest mates tells me how he plans to end it all. He's very matter of fact about it, very intelligent bloke who just seems to have had enough of life. He can still have a good time but doesn't feel that all the bits in between are worth it, had enough of loneliness and rejection, basically. He had talked about this a few months ago but I'd thought it was just a dip and he'd got over it because he had seemed fine since. Though he's very calm and matter-of-fact when he's talking about it, just occasionally there are clear signs of depression when he chokes up and shows some tears. He's already making the arrangements, putting his property up for sale (his will will distribute the proceeds to a few charities as he has cut his son out - my feeling is that the root of his problems is there) sorting out the paperwork etc.

It's strange, I really can't decide what I feel about it. He has explored various options in the past and I know that nothing I suggest would be new to him or be of any interest. He is just determined to take control and end things on his own terms. I strongly believe that we have things totally wrong in this country when it comes to people choosing to die rather than endure the pain and misery of physical illness so isn't this the same? He has no physical ailments but shouldn't apparently incurable 'mental illness' be regarded in the same way?? I've lost a couple of friends who went out of the blue with no warning or explanation and the impact on those left behind is horrible with all those unanswered questions, but that wouldn't be the case here. I don't want him to do it, for selfish reasons - I like having him around! - but I'm not sure that it's actually any of my business. I would worry about the impact it would have on his estranged son (who does appear to have turned into a proper twat) when he finds out, and wonder whether there's not an element of revenge in all this, but I think the rest of his friends and family might just have to respect his decision, and I'm sure he'll explain it to them.

I'm meeting him later on, ironically because he reckons I need a good talking to about how I'm dealing/not dealing with MY problems!! Any thoughts on how to proceed?!?
What the actual fuck. I can't wrap my head around that.

that is not an easy situation to deal with at all. You are right that you can't tell him what to do or not do, but you can certainly be there to listen to the reasons, the underlying ones, that have driven him to feel this way. Also, sounds a bit 'snowflakey' but have you thought of telling him how you feel? I don't mean how you feel in terms of what he wants to do but how you feel in terms of how you feel about him. Tell him how much he means to you and how devistated you would be if he went. It could be that this chimes with him. people in a severe state of depression can become numb to emotions and maybe it would help start turning him around to hear someone be so honest about their emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back