Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for double post but does anyone wake up with a song playing constantly in your head. Nearly every time I wake up I find myself singing a song. I’m not going to bed with music either. It’s stressing me out. I’ve been listening to thunderstorms and that gets me to sleep but I’m still awake after a couple hours.

Feel like I could just get up anytime from three In morning but comes to dinner time I’m fucked and falling asleep on settee.

Back on antibiotics infection back in lungs again, cannot seem to shift the bloody thing. Another chest X-Ray tonight result in a week.

Back to Doctors next week, see if require more antibiotics. Doing my head in this bloody thing, makes my mood swing badly, bloody unreal.

Sorry for double post but does anyone wake up with a song playing constantly in your head. Nearly every time I wake up I find myself singing a song. I’m not going to bed with music either. It’s stressing me out. I’ve been listening to thunderstorms and that gets me to sleep but I’m still awake after a couple hours.

Feel like I could just get up anytime from three In morning but comes to dinner time I’m fucked and falling asleep on settee.

I wake up with the most bizarre tunes in my head sometimes. I was whistling something over and over the other week and it took me hours to work out it was the theme tune from Words and Pictures. No idea where that came from!

Hope you get some sleep soon. Assume you know all the basic sleep hygiene stuff. A new one I learned recently was just laying and repeating "go to sleep" over and over in your head. That's been helping this week as I can't use my Calm app as I'm sharing a room with my daughter.

I try to get some exercise in walking, using light weights, my problem is my head goes apeshit over everything that has happened, could happen, what if's etc etc, so cannot get to sleep.

Managed six hours other night, only because so run down, but the bloody thing will not win, I will get fit again if it kills me :lol::lol:

It's frustrating. I thought I was fixed but I'm booked in for another operation next month.

They always have to do a fix, got a job list like new builds, you will be ok fella, keep the chin up!

You have been through worse and will get through this, just something else to test your mettle. Be strong fella, broken but fixable like loads on here. Be safe Bec's xxx

I wake up with the most bizarre tunes in my head sometimes. I was whistling something over and over the other week and it took me hours to work out it was the theme tune from Words and Pictures. No idea where that came from!

Hope you get some sleep soon. Assume you know all the basic sleep hygiene stuff. A new one I learned recently was just laying and repeating "go to sleep" over and over in your head. That's been helping this week as I can't use my Calm app as I'm sharing a room with my daughter.

Doctor told me to play soothing music via blue tooth in ear head set.. not sure to be honest, a ticking clock has been thrown out of the bedroom twice this week, surprised it is still working :eek::rolleyes::lol:

Last edited:
Tell you what this sertraline better fuck off. I havnt had a proper hard on for a month. Must burn 4000 calories off trying to get a hard on. Haha

We babysit a

^^^^^We babysit a two year old and I constantly wake up to Baby/Scary shark in my brain.

Last edited:
Awake again!! Our lass and bairn Asleep. Sometimes this time of night I just need someone to talk to.

I don’t want to wake our lass up and there is no fucker else.

I’ve been watching soprano ending theories and to be blank at the end like the series finished. I want that!! Just nothing but blank for five minutes. Sick as fuck

Should be a live chat somewhere online for like minded people to talk to. I’m not on Facebook or anything like that. But could really do with a meaningless chat with some fucker tonight. My melon is going overdrive my legs are twitching non stop hate this me like. I think I’m getting worse even though I feel better than I was weeks ago.

Last edited:
Awake again!! Our lass and bairn Asleep. Sometimes this time of night I just need someone to talk to.

I don’t want to wake our lass up and there is no fucker else.

I’ve been watching soprano ending theories and to be blank at the end like the series finished. I want that!! Just nothing but blank for five minutes. Sick as fuck

Should be a live chat somewhere online for like minded people to talk to. I’m not on Facebook or anything like that. But could really do with a meaningless chat with some fucker tonight. My melon is going overdrive my legs are twitching non stop hate this me like. I think I’m getting worse even though I feel better than I was weeks ago.
Have you been to your GP?

Have you been to your GP?
Yes I’m on sertraline I have been an idiot today I am on sertraline bisaprolol some antibiotics and have drank 16 cans of strongbow 4 bottles of Smirnoff ice and took a fifty bag of coke. I now think I’m doing it on purpose to hurt myself. I’m a f***ing dickhead.

Just dozed off on setteee. Thought I’d brush my teeeth and off to bed. Lying here rubbing my feet thinking shit thoughts yet again. Hopefully I will doze again.

Last edited:
Yes I’m on sertraline I have been an idiot today I am on sertraline bisaprolol some antibiotics and have drank 16 cans of strongbow 4 bottles of Smirnoff ice and took a fifty bag of coke. I now think I’m doing it on purpose to hurt myself. I’m a f***ing dickhead.

Just dozed off on setteee. Thought I’d brush my teeeth and off to bed. Lying here rubbing my feet thinking shit thoughts yet again. Hopefully I will doze again.

Lay off the drink and coke. That doesn't help in the long run mate. Alcohol/drug induced sleep is poor as you don't go into the deep sleep where your body and mind repairs itself so you feel worse the next day.

Keep fighting this marra and we'll get there. PM me if you want. Look after yourself xx

Well I’m awake. Sorry for posting shit last night. I was In a right state.

I know the feeling - booze is the absolute worst when depressed. I feel so bad after a couple of drinks that I have knocked it on the head totally. I'm not sure whether it is the prozac or what, but my anxiety/depression is multiplied if I have had a drink.

Nearly topped myself after a bender at my brothers wedding in Summer - never again.

Trouble is you're putting too much store in it not being there so everytime it's not there you go "great it's gone !, what has ?, that song shit, oh god here it's back.".
Try actively listening to it a bit sing along with it, enjoy it, here's my tune for today kind of thing. The fear of it being there will decrease so it won't pop up with as much force.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back