Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm just drifting along tbh. I had a colonoscopy on Monday and there was a very small 1mm polyp found (which has been sent away to be checked), fingers crossed it comes back clear of cancer. I've lived with depression for most of my life, I don't remember a time I was free of it so just look to manage it as best as I can.
Big ((((hugs)))) to anyone going through tough times, please keep on keeping on folks xx

It'll be fine, polyps are normally benign, I had a few taken out a couple of weeks ago and they were nowt.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell if it's just a bad day or if it's your mind getting to you. I have very similar symptoms to depression today, like a low mood, not eating well, and not wanting to leave my bed.

I did shower and keep myself clean, however, which is often neglected with depressiom, and nipped out to the corner shop. I can feel an upset stomach and the start of a headache so it's obvious now I've just picked up some sort of mild cold or bug or virus.

Not sure of the point I'm making other than if your head is telling you something, let the rest of your body have its say too. Occasionally it isn't quite what it seems.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell if it's just a bad day or if it's your mind getting to you. I have very similar symptoms to depression today, like a low mood, not eating well, and not wanting to leave my bed.

I did shower and keep myself clean, however, which is often neglected with depressiom, and nipped out to the corner shop. I can feel an upset stomach and the start of a headache so it's obvious now I've just picked up some sort of mild cold or bug or virus.

Not sure of the point I'm making other than if your head is telling you something, let the rest of your body have its say too. Occasionally it isn't quite what it seems.
Hope you're feeling better soon my friend, just take it easy :).

Sleep is the main problem for me at the minute. I’m getting two or three hours then I’m up sitting on edge of bed with songs in my head or rubbing my feet!

Think I’m just a weirdo.

This is a fascinating read. For anyone who have been told they have a social phobia it could be a lot more than that.

I've spent thousands of pounds organising travel and accommodation only to not being able to go when the time came.

A good example was a game at Southampton. Got as far as Basingstoke after a long journey. Just couldn't bear the thought of going the extra few miles so turned back and spent hours going home again to watch Soccer Saturday.

First Study To Explore What It’s Like To Live With Avoidant Personality Disorder: “Safe When Alone, Yet Lost In Their Aloneness”

I was diagnosed with social anxiety years ago (it's a bit better now but it'll never completely go) -- from who I've talked to and from what I've read it seems as if it and AvPD are interchangeable terms for what is probably the same thing, but social 'anixety' or 'phobia' is the term used more often as people don't want the 'personality disorder' tag.

Sleep is the main problem for me at the minute. I’m getting two or three hours then I’m up sitting on edge of bed with songs in my head or rubbing my feet!

Think I’m just a weirdo.

Nope your in the Club fella, getting up to 4 now with sleeping tablets. My mind is on relentless loops cannot shut it down........Arghhh!!

Any ideas how to help someone who has told you there’s something up with them but refuse to see their GP?

Any ideas how to help someone who has told you there’s something up with them but refuse to see their GP?
Counselling. Anonymous and someone to vent at. An acquaintances wife killed herself and he refused help. He just needed someone he didn't know with no connections to open up to

I was diagnosed with social anxiety years ago (it's a bit better now but it'll never completely go) -- from who I've talked to and from what I've read it seems as if it and AvPD are interchangeable terms for what is probably the same thing, but social 'anixety' or 'phobia' is the term used more often as people don't want the 'personality disorder' tag.
Not really avoidant pd is much more serious. Social phobia will usually be constrained to specific situations speaches, parties, eating ) or contact with certain groups of people ( contemporaries opposite sex, power figures) .Someone with avoidant pd will most likely be more withdrawn across the board with fewer specific or situational triggers..

Counselling. Anonymous and someone to vent at. An acquaintances wife killed herself and he refused help. He just needed someone he didn't know with no connections to open up to
They refuse to see anyone, I just thought the GP was the first step

This is a fascinating read. For anyone who have been told they have a social phobia it could be a lot more than that.

I've spent thousands of pounds organising travel and accommodation only to not being able to go when the time came.

A good example was a game at Southampton. Got as far as Basingstoke after a long journey. Just couldn't bear the thought of going the extra few miles so turned back and spent hours going home again to watch Soccer Saturday.

First Study To Explore What It’s Like To Live With Avoidant Personality Disorder: “Safe When Alone, Yet Lost In Their Aloneness”
Can relate to pretty much all of that and looking at the symptoms of avPD I tick them all.

'The second main theme was “A doubting self” – including chronic insecurity and a fleeting sense of self. Participants had the perception that other people breeze through life and have no trouble being themselves. Related to this, the participants were constantly struggling to make sense of their own persistent insecurities. “There is always something grinding in my head, so there is no rest. I do not know how to answer myself to make it better”'

I always feel like people go through life not thinking of consequences whereas I can't go to the shop without thinking 'well what if this happens?'. Also that feeling of wanting to be alone but then feeling very alone when I am is awful, it's like wanting something that you know only makes you feel worse about yourself and therefore every day seems to be exhausting because you're never content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back