Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can't force them to see anyone. It's frustrating as hell when you know they need help but they refuse to get it. Just keep talking to the person so they know you are there and see if they open up enough to let anyone help.
What a day I have Saturday scan then Sunderland pompey :lol:

They refuse to see anyone, I just thought the GP was the first step
Tough one this, depends on the seriousness of their depression (providing it’s that).

Step 1 - see if there is anything you can do to help e.g. taking away some of the practical burdens such as sorting bills out, post etc.

Step 2 - The GP is the obvious go to but it sounds like the person is too proud to seek help. MIND have a befriending service, if nothing else Ring your local MIND for advice, there’s also groups such as Men In Sheds that they can join to meet people in similar situations.

Step 3 - Take the choice out of their hands, call the crisis team. They aren’t there for people who are suicidal but for people who need the help.

Sleep is the main problem for me at the minute. I’m getting two or three hours then I’m up sitting on edge of bed with songs in my head or rubbing my feet!

Think I’m just a weirdo.

No fella, not weird at all loads having the same problem with sleep, you are not alone.

So I woke up today cold sweats aching and being sick that's a new one even for me

Have you caught a virus, I was like that a while ago and also freezing had to put double quilts on and use hot water bottle to get warm.

Week tomorrow and still not right.

Start treatment/ cognitive therapy for panic and anxiety attacks this Friday. Get that sorted then move to deal with PTSD, been waiting for placement since November. They are very busy people with long waiting lists.

Get to see your Doctor fella, if reason for this not known, if known look to get some help. You need to make the first step, normally accepting you have a problem, then move to next step seek assistance. In your hands fella

You can't force them to see anyone. It's frustrating as hell when you know they need help but they refuse to get it. Just keep talking to the person so they know you are there and see if they open up enough to let anyone help.

Until you accept yourself that you have a problem, you cannot deal with it, only be there, lots take the required step some, think dealing and are not.

This thread is helpful, made me realise, along with help of two friends that I had issues. Never realised it myself to close to the issue.

Last edited:
No fella, not weird at all loads having the same problem with sleep, you are not alone.

Have you caught a virus, I was like that a while ago and also freezing had to put double quilts on and use hot water bottle to get warm.

Start treatment/ cognitive therapy for panic and anxiety attacks this Friday. Get that sorted then move to deal with PTSD, been waiting for placement since November. They are very busy people with long waiting lists.

Get to see your Doctor fella, if reason for this not known, if known look to get some help. You need to make the first step, normally accepting you have a problem, then move to next step seek assistance. In your hands fella

Until you accept yourself that you have a problem, you cannot deal with it, only be there, lots take the required step some, think dealing and are not.

This thread is helpful, made me realise, along with help of two friends that I had issues. Never realised it myself to close to the issue.
Iv got a Saturday gastroenterology appointment 8th May need x-ray, and getting appointment next week about my chest pain migraines with my antidepressants and palpitations

Tough one this, depends on the seriousness of their depression (providing it’s that).

Step 1 - see if there is anything you can do to help e.g. taking away some of the practical burdens such as sorting bills out, post etc.

Step 2 - The GP is the obvious go to but it sounds like the person is too proud to seek help. MIND have a befriending service, if nothing else Ring your local MIND for advice, there’s also groups such as Men In Sheds that they can join to meet people in similar situations.

Step 3 - Take the choice out of their hands, call the crisis team. They aren’t there for people who are suicidal but for people who need the help.

Good advice but in reality the Crisis team won't attend anyone who is not giving clear permission to be seen (at least the ones I deal with ). They are too pressed to be outreach.

The only time you can really take it out of their hands is if a mental health act assessment is called or if you need police for immediate safety and welfare.

Having said that you could ring the GP and let them know concerns. The GP may well then try to ring the patient, start a dialogue and get them in to surgery. Some surgeries in some areas (East Durham I think ) now have embedded CPN and if the GP can get the ice broke the patient may even agree to speak to one.

Good advice but in reality the Crisis team won't attend anyone who is not giving clear permission to be seen (at least the ones I deal with ). They are too pressed to be outreach.

The only time you can really take it out of their hands is if a mental health act assessment is called or if you need police for immediate safety and welfare.

Having said that you could ring the GP and let them know concerns. The GP may well then try to ring the patient, start a dialogue and get them in to surgery. Some surgeries in some areas (East Durham I think ) now have embedded CPN and if the GP can get the ice broke the patient may even agree to speak to one.
I found with my dad, getting them involved was a catalyst for change. He’ll never be better but they help manage him when he’s at his lowest.

Although he wasn’t against them, they never asked if he wanted help before getting involved. This was Sunderland.

I found with my dad, getting them involved was a catalyst for change. He’ll never be better but they help manage him when he’s at his lowest.

Although he wasn’t against them, they never asked if he wanted help before getting involved. This was Sunderland.
Good on Sunderland if they still do many don't and only see themselves as suicide prevention teams now, no immediate risk they won't be on.
Shame because as you say they were really useful in assertive outreach terms.

Iv got a Saturday gastroenterology appointment 8th May need x-ray, and getting appointment next week about my chest pain migraines with my antidepressants and palpitations

Well done fella, hope you get sorted ok, best wishes.

Sometimes can’t be bothered with it all. Other times I realise what this would mean to my closest.

Yep, as long as you have an anchor and thoughts of them, not yet sunk to far, but if occasionally having deep negative, get some assistance now and kick the shit out of the insidious malady.

Best wishes fella.

Last edited:
I've been on a bit of a downer, not sure why - possibly since the sun disappeared, a lack of bright mornings perhaps ? I just thought I'd share something that actually made me chuckle hard today..........

Logon or register to see this image

I don't know why but it creased me :lol:, but there's nee chance I'm going all the way to Pittington to buy the bugger.

My thoughts and love are with you all folks, it will get better xxx

Fed up now I thought my sickness was the one thing under control apparently not
Fingers crossed they get to the bottom of the problem after your checks / scans fella, sickness is horrible (I cry when I'm sick) xx

My best wishes to you.

Last edited:

Still waking up after two or three hours deep sleep then every half hour stretching my hands rubbing my feet looking out the window until about four or five then sleep again. Wake up with the bairn anytime from 7 fresh as paint but struggle during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back