Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I e had some better sleep and have not had a drink since. Still a bit down but I’ve just booked a private Muaythai lesson for this morning so hopefully cheers me up. Thanks for asking. Hope you are well.

What's Muaythai?

I have a review for my Sertraline coming up, when I get round to making the appointment.

Only on 50mg but dunno what to do for the best, it’s certainly taken the edge off my anxiety but I don’t wanna be on it for ever. It will be about a year since I started taking it.

Thai boxing only started a few month ago but stopped when I had my wobbler. First lesson back now. I’m waiting outside the gym nervous as fuck.

Great sport mate, will make you feel loads better. I did it for a while years ago and loved it.

I'm desperate to start BJJ again but keep bottling going in - feel like I'm a little kid all over again, proper embarrassing.

Great sport mate, will make you feel loads better. I did it for a while years ago and loved it.

I'm desperate to start BJJ again but keep bottling going in - feel like I'm a little kid all over again, proper embarrassing.
That’s what I was like this morning. Now I’ve been and done it I feel better. And booked two private lessons for next week.

Take the plunge mate I know it’s hard but it’s worth it.

Not really avoidant pd is much more serious. Social phobia will usually be constrained to specific situations speaches, parties, eating ) or contact with certain groups of people ( contemporaries opposite sex, power figures) .Someone with avoidant pd will most likely be more withdrawn across the board with fewer specific or situational triggers..

I'll bow to your knowledge. My anxiety seems to be broader than what you've described so it could be AvPD, plus it seems to have been with me throughout life rather than from a specific incident causing it, which is what discussions re social phobia usually tend to suggest. I don't think it's extreme enough to be AvPD now though, although it may have been in the past.

That’s what I was like this morning. Now I’ve been and done it I feel better. And booked two private lessons for next week.

Take the plunge mate I know it’s hard but it’s worth it.

Well done mate. You've done brilliantly going there and booking more sessions. Keep on fighting. You are stronger than you think you are xx

Just had another assessment that confirms I need treatment for PTSD, told the person assessing me I was on a list and was coping I felt.

Told me, that would get me dealt with sooner rather than later, as my OCD is getting worse. Must be stupid me mind, thought I was doing Ok, only when it was pointed out what I was doing did I realise.

Ermmm, I do have a bit of a problem and in more than one area :eek:

I have a review for my Sertraline coming up, when I get round to making the appointment.

Only on 50mg but dunno what to do for the best, it’s certainly taken the edge off my anxiety but I don’t wanna be on it for ever. It will be about a year since I started taking it.
I've been on citalopram for a long long time for my anxiety, admittedly at less than 50mg. I think we all have the feeling that we shouldn't be on the drugs but if it's keeping you on an even keel, don't beat yourself up about it, or feel that you have to stop right off. Gradual reduction is a way forward, but you may find you need a crutch for a bit longer

Not sure if this is on topic but my son was diagnosed with OCD, it’s not something you really know what it is until you or someone you’re close to goes through it. It was so upsetting to see him suffering and performing rituals but he got CBT and the change is frankly unbelievable. He’s a different person now and I’m so grateful to those that gave him the therapy he needed, I was sceptical but I was wrong to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back