Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first started I felt it did and had a high after that lasted the day. At my lowest I found the high only lasted until I had got him from the gym and then rock bottom again. Hopefully when I find my balls and stop being a soft twat and get back I will be sound.
If anxiety prevents you getting out sometimes, I'd recommend getting a yoga mat and doing some exercises each morning and each night, at home, alone. It really helps! All the best, mate. DM whenever.

If anxiety prevents you getting out sometimes, I'd recommend getting a yoga mat and doing some exercises each morning and each night, at home, alone. It really helps! All the best, mate. DM whenever.
Thanks mate. I manage to get out and go to work everyday and food shopping normal stuff. Just struggle with having to interact with new people. Thanks for the chat and same to you. Keep well mate!

First bump of the month!

How is everyone doing?

Not good. Still struggling with overwhelming feelings of grief that keep coming and going. It's still really raw and I miss my Dad a lot.

Having a nightmare with my health. The PMDD was worse in the second half of my cycle. This is when progesterone is high and estrogen levels drop off. The main concerns were severe depression with suicidal thoughts and my crohns would flare up. I had my ovaries (hormone makers) removed in December and this should have cured it. However I've now found out I had the wrong operation :(

Before surgery, the consultant talked in length about why I need estrogen HRT to protect my bones, heart and brain, as well as prevent menopause symptoms. As I was well in the first half of my cycle when estrogen was high, I was happy to take this. At no point did she mention progesterone, otherwise I would have refused to take it.

Went back to the GP after my op who insisted I should be on combined HRT (progesterone and estrogen) as I still have uterus. If you take estrogen only HRT with a uterus, you're at high risk of it thickening and causing hyperplasia which is dangerous and can lead to cancer.

I wanted transdermal HRT which is patches, gels or pessaries as I didn't want it going through my digestive system with the crohn's. The GP refused and said I had to be on tablets. He put me on a combined HRT tablet with ultra low estrogen and high progesterone. This put me permanently in the same situation as the second half of a cycle, so the PMDD came straight back. Managed two months on them but couldn't cope with the depression and crohn's pain so I stopped them against his advice. I was also struggling with menopause symptoms and the tablets had no effect on them whatsoever.

I've had a second opinion with another consultant who said I should have had a full hysterectomy in the first place. He can't understand the logic of taking ovaries out to remove the progesterone and then putting it back in again. I've had an ultrasound scan and I've got an appointment with him next week to discuss removing my uterus out so I can have the estrogen only HRT. He also said the estrogen in the HRT I was given wasn't high enough given my age which is why I'm suffering from menopause symptoms. He said I need to be on a much higher dose and should have been given something with a much higher level of estrogen in it.

At the moment, I'm suffering from severe hot sweats, fatigue, bladder issues, insomnia and other problems caused by low estrogen so I feel a bit low from that. I'm also worried about another extended period of unpaid leave from work and being a burden on my Mam when I'm recovering as she'll have to come round and do my housework and stuff. Worked really hard on my fitness since January and was planning on entering some races but that's all up in the air now depending on the surgery.

Bet you wish you'd never asked now :lol:

This is what I was referring to at the match last night @Uncle D in a Les Dawson kind of way :oops:

Hope everyone is doing ok!!

Hit rock bottom again two month ago. Having bad thoughts crying myself to sleep with a knife to my throat. Started sertraline now feeling a bit clearer. Hopefully on the mend.

Keep fighting it mate. You're doing well with the meds and exercise and you're smashing it xx

This is a fascinating read. For anyone who have been told they have a social phobia it could be a lot more than that.

I've spent thousands of pounds organising travel and accommodation only to not being able to go when the time came.

A good example was a game at Southampton. Got as far as Basingstoke after a long journey. Just couldn't bear the thought of going the extra few miles so turned back and spent hours going home again to watch Soccer Saturday.

First Study To Explore What It’s Like To Live With Avoidant Personality Disorder: “Safe When Alone, Yet Lost In Their Aloneness”

Not good. Still struggling with overwhelming feelings of grief that keep coming and going. It's still really raw and I miss my Dad a lot.

Having a nightmare with my health. The PMDD was worse in the second half of my cycle. This is when progesterone is high and estrogen levels drop off. The main concerns were severe depression with suicidal thoughts and my crohns would flare up. I had my ovaries (hormone makers) removed in December and this should have cured it. However I've now found out I had the wrong operation :(

Before surgery, the consultant talked in length about why I need estrogen HRT to protect my bones, heart and brain, as well as prevent menopause symptoms. As I was well in the first half of my cycle when estrogen was high, I was happy to take this. At no point did she mention progesterone, otherwise I would have refused to take it.

Went back to the GP after my op who insisted I should be on combined HRT (progesterone and estrogen) as I still have uterus. If you take estrogen only HRT with a uterus, you're at high risk of it thickening and causing hyperplasia which is dangerous and can lead to cancer.

I wanted transdermal HRT which is patches, gels or pessaries as I didn't want it going through my digestive system with the crohn's. The GP refused and said I had to be on tablets. He put me on a combined HRT tablet with ultra low estrogen and high progesterone. This put me permanently in the same situation as the second half of a cycle, so the PMDD came straight back. Managed two months on them but couldn't cope with the depression and crohn's pain so I stopped them against his advice. I was also struggling with menopause symptoms and the tablets had no effect on them whatsoever.

I've had a second opinion with another consultant who said I should have had a full hysterectomy in the first place. He can't understand the logic of taking ovaries out to remove the progesterone and then putting it back in again. I've had an ultrasound scan and I've got an appointment with him next week to discuss removing my uterus out so I can have the estrogen only HRT. He also said the estrogen in the HRT I was given wasn't high enough given my age which is why I'm suffering from menopause symptoms. He said I need to be on a much higher dose and should have been given something with a much higher level of estrogen in it.

At the moment, I'm suffering from severe hot sweats, fatigue, bladder issues, insomnia and other problems caused by low estrogen so I feel a bit low from that. I'm also worried about another extended period of unpaid leave from work and being a burden on my Mam when I'm recovering as she'll have to come round and do my housework and stuff. Worked really hard on my fitness since January and was planning on entering some races but that's all up in the air now depending on the surgery.

This is what I was referring to at the match last night @Uncle D in a Les Dawson kind of way :oops:

Keep fighting it mate. You're doing well with the meds and exercise and you're smashing it xx
Thanks for your kind words. I don’t post much on this board but I find it very helpful. Sorry that you ain’t feeling well at the minute but keep on going. I’m have got it in my head that I’m going back to boxing next week so that’s my aim. If you ever need a chat just send a message I’m a good listener. Xx take care. X

Thanks for your kind words. I don’t post much on this board but I find it very helpful. Sorry that you ain’t feeling well at the minute but keep on going. I’m have got it in my head that I’m going back to boxing next week so that’s my aim. If you ever need a chat just send a message I’m a good listener. Xx take care. X

Thanks xx

Boxing is good mind. You can really take it out on the pads and it makes you feel better! I do a boxing class once a week. Hope you manage to get there xx

Thanks xx

Boxing is good mind. You can really take it out on the pads and it makes you feel better! I do a boxing class once a week. Hope you manage to get there xx
Iv had more issues with my advisor making me go to do job search when I can do it at home and even then there Internet buggered up. Its a voluntary programme yet questioned about everything some times I make my job search up sometimes I don't apparently and the jobs they show me I only apply for to get them of my back.

There was a piece on BBC Breakfast this morning about this, the two guests pointed out that most people don't even know it exists and many end up being mis-diagnosed with bi-polar. Sounds particulalry horrible. Hope you get a solution.

Iv had more issues with my advisor making me go to do job search when I can do it at home and even then there Internet buggered up. Its a voluntary programme yet questioned about everything some times I make my job search up sometimes I don't apparently and the jobs they show me I only apply for to get them of my back.

That's rubbish that mind :(

Did you get any results from the tests you had yet?

There was a piece on BBC Breakfast this morning about this, the two guests pointed out that most people don't even know it exists and many end up being mis-diagnosed with bi-polar. Sounds particulalry horrible. Hope you get a solution.

I didn't see that but I agree it's not well known. It's something I've had to research and fight to get help with.

My own GP has looked up stuff on the internet while I've been in appointments!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's rubbish that mind :(

Did you get any results from the tests you had yet?

I didn't see that but I agree it's not well known. It's something I've had to research and fight to get help with.

My own GP has looked up stuff on the internet while I've been in appointments!
Just polyps and inflamed intestines I need to chase up the scan and x rays I'm due I'm probably not doing enough job hunting which is bad but I'm unmotivated and ill but don't accuse me of making things up.

I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t want to know!

I’m afraid I had to look up PMDD; it isn’t well known, as you say. It all sounds like a right carry on, to put it mildly, what you’re going through with your health. Combined with missing your dear dad, it’s no wonder you’re not feeling great... Keep updating as and when you feel the desire or need, and know that you don’t need to suffer in silence. If your appointment next week is conclusive, are you likely to be operated on quite soon?

If your appointment next week is conclusive, are you likely to be operated on quite soon?

He just did the scan as a precaution in case they had made a mistake inside on the last operation or something extreme has happened like growing a tumour or something since December! It all looked clear and normal so I'm hoping to get a surgery date next week. He said hopefully May or June but it depends on his lists.

Ideally May for me as I've got a holiday with lots of walking booked for July and I'd like to be well enough for that.

He just did the scan as a precaution in case they had made a mistake inside on the last operation or something extreme has happened like growing a tumour or something since December! It all looked clear and normal so I'm hoping to get a surgery date next week. He said hopefully May or June but it depends on his lists.

Ideally May for me as I've got a holiday with lots of walking booked for July and I'd like to be well enough for that.
Fingers crossed for May.

Where are you off?

I went to Dubrovnik a few years ago; it was beautiful so I'd love to see more of Croatia. Enjoy!

Aye canny cheers. Trouble sleeping but nothing serious. You?
Struggling to walk any distance because of my back headaches getting worse I guess we all have good and bad days.

Is this thread for anxiety sufferers as well?

Went docs yesterday after 6 months on citalopram and am going to slowly get off them over the next few months. My anxiety still comes back every few weeks but it seems more manageable thanks to the CBT.

I have recently started taking CBD oil and it seems to make quite a difference with my sleep. I had a period recently where I was having awful sleep. Vivid anxiety dreams. Waking up in sweats etc...

Much better since the CBD. I only got cheap stuff from Holland and Barretts as well.

I hope I didn't appear to be flippant last night xx

Is this thread for anxiety sufferers as well?

Went docs yesterday after 6 months on citalopram and am going to slowly get off them over the next few months. My anxiety still comes back every few weeks but it seems more manageable thanks to the CBT.

I have recently started taking CBD oil and it seems to make quite a difference with my sleep. I had a period recently where I was having awful sleep. Vivid anxiety dreams. Waking up in sweats etc...

Much better since the CBD. I only got cheap stuff from Holland and Barretts as well.

Yes everyone is welcome! Sounds like you've made good progress. Keep an eye out coming off the citalopram and look after yourself xx

I hope I didn't appear to be flippant last night xx

Not at all pet xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back