Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve recently gone through CBT and it just wasn’t very insightful for me to be honest, done every session with an open mind but in the main found in very preechy.

Work is the trigger and I’m doing everything I can to change that but in the immediate it’s a decision whether I go by Dr advice or keep battling on without.

Reactions: Nig

Got myself signed off for two weeks yesterday, and all I did was worry about the folk at work who'd be picking up the slack.
Only really had a week off when my Mother passed, then back to work, worked right over Xmas and New Year. Bosses father died about early December so she disappeared, then she had 2 weeks holiday in Jan. Between that and training courses I ended up running the team for her with no time to look after myself. Then there was the car crash I was in, then a lad at work died last week in a crash, my old man went down the drink route and ended up in hospital (he's straightened himself out a touch)
It had got to the stage that I was snapping at everyone at home and work, headphones in at my desk, hiding in another room when I got home.

Realised I need time to rearrange my furniture in my head, so after a couple of GP visits to adjust meds and whatnot she suggetsed I take 2 weeks as a minimum and go look after myself.

That's exactly what happened with me too, once I'd gone past the point where I could "man up" and control it.

Sorry to hear you've had such a shit time mate. Sounds like you'd spotted an issue, and taking some good steps to sort it though.
Allow those steps to take some time though. I thought I could solve it in a few weeks. Doesn't always work that way - took me ~4 goes to get my meds right, and the side effects when you start on them can be pretty nasty.

That said, I'm doing great. Loads and loads of stress at the moment with work&life, but I'm handling it like I used to - pretty well.
I'm even thinking about trying to come off the meds - not sure on that one yet though. Twins due in June, and I can't decide whether to stay on them, or come off asap and see how I get on.

Anyone came of SSRI's after 6-9months after things had improved for them? How did it go?

That's exactly what happened with me too, once I'd gone past the point where I could "man up" and control it.

Sorry to hear you've had such a shit time mate. Sounds like you'd spotted an issue, and taking some good steps to sort it though.
Allow those steps to take some time though. I thought I could solve it in a few weeks. Doesn't always work that way - took me ~4 goes to get my meds right, and the side effects when you start on them can be pretty nasty.

That said, I'm doing great. Loads and loads of stress at the moment with work&life, but I'm handling it like I used to - pretty well.
I'm even thinking about trying to come off the meds - not sure on that one yet though. Twins due in June, and I can't decide whether to stay on them, or come off asap and see how I get on.

Anyone came of SSRI's after 6-9months after things had improved for them? How did it go?
Yeah been here before and know to take my time. Catching it a lot sooner these days which helps.

I've come off SSRI's before, Citralopram. Just mind that because you've been blocking the reuptake of Seratonin you need to come off very slowly to give your brain space to pick up that slack.

I was after seeing the Sunderland station pictures but I'm OK now I'm on the train. This one isn't crowded.

Hope you are ok xx

Had a wobble this morning with grief for my Dad. It hurts so bad on match days.
Mixed emotions I bet I'm sure you will be OK, just hope it's not rammed on the 12-15 as Iv said it's 50/50whether il struggle or not with toilets.

Mixed emotions I bet I'm sure you will be OK, just hope it's not rammed on the 12-15 as Iv said it's 50/50whether il struggle or not with toilets.

It's coming back I'm worried about as we don't have seat reservations.

I’ve recently gone through CBT and it just wasn’t very insightful for me to be honest, done every session with an open mind but in the main found in very preechy.

Work is the trigger and I’m doing everything I can to change that but in the immediate it’s a decision whether I go by Dr advice or keep battling on without.

I haven't looked fully through this thread, but I wonder if EMDR has been discussed?
It's been really helpful for me, but you do have to pay for it yourself.

However it does pay for itself in the long run though, it's kept me in work for more than 3 years!

What's the issue with work? Workload? Change? Uncertainty? Communication?

The trouble with CBT is it shouldn't really be a first line therapy. I think it's much more useful to have actual counselling first to explore the emotions and ideas underlying how you're feeling.

Hope everyone is doing ok!!

Hit rock bottom again two month ago. Having bad thoughts crying myself to sleep with a knife to my throat. Started sertraline now feeling a bit clearer. Hopefully on the mend.

Hope everyone is doing ok!!

Hit rock bottom again two month ago. Having bad thoughts crying myself to sleep with a knife to my throat. Started sertraline now feeling a bit clearer. Hopefully on the mend.
Hopefully! That all sounds pretty serious, mate; I'm glad to hear the new medication is doing some good. Keep talking whenever you feel the want or need.

Hopefully! That all sounds pretty serious, mate; I'm glad to hear the new medication is doing some good. Keep talking whenever you feel the want or need.
Cheers mate. Hope your well. I started doing Muaythai boxing to help but have not been in a few weeks as I have not built the courage up to go back. f***ing anxiety.

Do you find exercise helps? It's one of the best things for me.
When I first started I felt it did and had a high after that lasted the day. At my lowest I found the high only lasted until I had got him from the gym and then rock bottom again. Hopefully when I find my balls and stop being a soft twat and get back I will be sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back