Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DJ Doubt absolutely.... I'm similar to you by the sound of it... Haven't tried the CBD oil as there's so many choices, but might give it a lash, I'm struggling at the moment, up and down with extreme fatigue in bouts too....

@Ginger John that's shite, you must be raging !!!
Hopefully the second op will have you reet xxxxxx

Thanks guys. Good to know we're not alone!

The weird thing about being on Citalopram for my anxiety is that I haven't felt any depression/sadness at all really. I'm the type that usually has a sob during a film etc... It feels so odd to feel so cold on the inside when i'm often a blubbering mess. Might sound stupid but as a huge film lover, I struggle to connect with films emotionally at the moment and i often just don't feel myself. Sometimes i turn to see the mrs is welling up and think "Oh, so i'd prob be emotional over this scene if it wasn't for the meds."

I'm actually getting nostalgic for feeling a bit melancholy which I know is stupid. I also get moderate depression from time to time but its the anxiety I really struggle with. I'm hoping that my sad emotions don't come back too strong and over power me.

I just woke up, ate breakfast and started a pot of tea. I then proceeded to smoke a joint, something I've never done in the morning before. I had no plans for the day! It has triggered a really bad reaction in my head and I feel very guilty about it..this despite weed being legal in Canada.

I just woke up, ate breakfast and started a pot of tea. I then proceeded to smoke a joint, something I've never done in the morning before. I had no plans for the day! It has triggered a really bad reaction in my head and I feel very guilty about it..this despite weed being legal in Canada.

I wouldn't recommend waking and baking if you're not in a good frame of mind you begin with.

I get the guilt thing when I w&b, as in know I've scuppered the day, unless the plan that day was to lie on the sofa and watch a series.

I wouldn't recommend waking and baking if you're not in a good frame of mind you begin with.

I get the guilt thing when I w&b, as in know I've scuppered the day, unless the plan that day was to lie on the sofa and watch a series.
I'm in an Airbnb so I feel uncomfortable that I got stoned as his guest. I went outside but I think he would be disappointed if he knew this was my day. I didn't realise I wasn't in a good mood.

I'm in an Airbnb so I feel uncomfortable that I got stoned as his guest. I went outside but I think he would be disappointed if he knew this was my day. I didn't realise I wasn't in a good mood.

Weeds funny like that. I can have a w&b and be sound and industrious or sometimes I just want to hide under a blanket and binge Rick and Morty

Thanks guys. Good to know we're not alone!

The weird thing about being on Citalopram for my anxiety is that I haven't felt any depression/sadness at all really. I'm the type that usually has a sob during a film etc... It feels so odd to feel so cold on the inside when i'm often a blubbering mess. Might sound stupid but as a huge film lover, I struggle to connect with films emotionally at the moment and i often just don't feel myself. Sometimes i turn to see the mrs is welling up and think "Oh, so i'd prob be emotional over this scene if it wasn't for the meds."

I'm actually getting nostalgic for feeling a bit melancholy which I know is stupid. I also get moderate depression from time to time but its the anxiety I really struggle with. I'm hoping that my sad emotions don't come back too strong and over power me.

I’m in a similar situation , debating coming off meds as I just feel emotionless really and I’ve made changes to a lot of the things that were causing the anxiety feelings in the first place. It’s a tough call to make really

I’m in a similar situation , debating coming off meds as I just feel emotionless really and I’ve made changes to a lot of the things that were causing the anxiety feelings in the first place. It’s a tough call to make really
I've had anxiety a long time and had periods where I've come off citalopram etc. Unfortunately for me so far, I always end up having some sort of crash where my anxiety is bad and I feel like I'm losing control. So I go back to citalopram, like a crutch. I sometimes think it's not that it makes the actual anxiety better, just that it stops things escalating. I have wondered at times if I'm more numb to things, but I do still cry at the telly etc

That's not to say coming off won't be great for you guys btw

Is this thread for anxiety sufferers as well?

Went docs yesterday after 6 months on citalopram and am going to slowly get off them over the next few months. My anxiety still comes back every few weeks but it seems more manageable thanks to the CBT.

I have recently started taking CBD oil and it seems to make quite a difference with my sleep. I had a period recently where I was having awful sleep. Vivid anxiety dreams. Waking up in sweats etc...

Much better since the CBD. I only got cheap stuff from Holland and Barretts as well.
the H&B stuff aint good try cbd brothers they are very well regarded
All Categories – The Original Alternative

Feeling much more settled now. I hadn't slept many hours when I took breakfast and I must have been in the wrong mood. I've slept the rest of the morning and, while I feel slightly bad for wasting my day, I had no plans or obligations anyway. I think I need to lay off the weed, though. I don't smoke often but this isn't the first time it has ended up an unpleasant sensation.

Feeling much more settled now. I hadn't slept many hours when I took breakfast and I must have been in the wrong mood. I've slept the rest of the morning and, while I feel slightly bad for wasting my day, I had no plans or obligations anyway. I think I need to lay off the weed, though. I don't smoke often but this isn't the first time it has ended up an unpleasant sensation.

If it's any consolation, I've never tried it but you don't make it appealing to want to start :D

Pleased you feel a bit better now xx

Got my annual review for work today. It's going to be interesting. The depression and anxiety has definitely affected how I work but I don't intend to conveniently hide behind that as an excuse if there are any glaring issues.

The problem with weed is that it there are so many variables, how strong it is, how you feel, what you've eaten and where you are. If I was you I'd avoid it if it's making you anxious.

Got my annual review for work today. It's going to be interesting. The depression and anxiety has definitely affected how I work but I don't intend to conveniently hide behind that as an excuse if there are any glaring issues.
I think I worried more about how much my anxiety affected things than my boss. To me it stood out a mile whereas he used to say it wasn't at all noticeable. Doesn't feel like that when you're in the middle of some panic, but people often don't see it or these days are more understanding about it.

Strange Strange Day.

I think one of my first posts on this thread, about 6 months back, was me talking about the different stresses in my life, and how I would start to try to fix the situation.

One of the biggest issues was finally resolved today. I'll never have to worry about it ever again. The property has been sold. I won't have to check in on it every week, put money in the meters, pay the council tax, mortgage and most-importantly, fix issues that popped up all the bloody time - all taking time away from me and my family.

I've lost a chunk of money - but money isn't everything.
Might sound daft to many of you, but this is such a big deal, I feel really emotional now - its that feeling of different emotions pouring out. Anger, happiness, sadness and actually, I feel a bit sick.

Hopefully its one big step forward. Good timing really (despite many previous setbacks), as I've got a big thing coming soon that I will need to be at my best for.

I've got a meds review in the next few days. I can't decide whether I want to come off them or not. I have that inner voice telling me that I'm not really me if I'm on tablets.........

Hope it went well.

I had mine the other day. My rating has fell from the top rating they give, down to the middle one. Considering the year I've had, that's all I could hope for - I've got through it.
I'm taking a lot of comfort from that.

Last edited:
This is a fascinating read. For anyone who have been told they have a social phobia it could be a lot more than that.

I've spent thousands of pounds organising travel and accommodation only to not being able to go when the time came.

A good example was a game at Southampton. Got as far as Basingstoke after a long journey. Just couldn't bear the thought of going the extra few miles so turned back and spent hours going home again to watch Soccer Saturday.

First Study To Explore What It’s Like To Live With Avoidant Personality Disorder: “Safe When Alone, Yet Lost In Their Aloneness”
I've done that turn around and go home stunt more times than I can remember. I then feel ashamed and embarrassed that I didn't go through with whatever and sometimes pretend to people I did. :oops:

That's the first time I've admitted being that weird

I've done that turn around and go home stunt more times than I can remember. I then feel ashamed and embarrassed that I didn't go through with whatever and sometimes pretend to people I did. :oops:

That's the first time I've admitted being that weird

I've blamed not going places on my crohn's as it sounds less weird :oops:

This is part of the problem. Worrying that people will think we're weird. It's hard but letting people know and being honest is a big step. I haven't done it properly but being honest with everyone I care about made me feel better. Anybody who does think you're weird isn't worth knowing.

Whilst I'm on a rant, trying to do something, getting out of bed and setting off takes bravery. Even if you turn back. Keeping trying to do things that you worry about takes balls. You should be proud of even thinking of doing it

Is this thread for anxiety sufferers as well?

Went docs yesterday after 6 months on citalopram and am going to slowly get off them over the next few months. My anxiety still comes back every few weeks but it seems more manageable thanks to the CBT.

I have recently started taking CBD oil and it seems to make quite a difference with my sleep. I had a period recently where I was having awful sleep. Vivid anxiety dreams. Waking up in sweats etc...

Much better since the CBD. I only got cheap stuff from Holland and Barretts as well.

I've been taking Sertraline since last May [for anxiety] and they seem to have done the trick, only on 50mg. I was offered CBT through work, but ended up not going ahead with it, dunno why. What's it like, what do you do and how does it work? Loads of questions, have read online about it but much better coming from someone who's experienced it, if that makes sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back