Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like some people on here are going through but I am feeling low right now - I'm not on the bottom, but it just feels a bit like life involves walking through treacle every day. Just so much harder than normal.

The funny thing is that it's related to a very difficult situation someone else close to me is having which I have contributed to (not done anything wrong - it's just one of those things) so the feelings are associated with a bit of guilt, as if the focus on myself is a little selfish or something. I know it doesn't work like that but you know, some things aren't rational. I'm trying to find a way to support them through it while dealing with my own shite, and talking to them about it is not an option so I feel like I'm constantly putting a face on and it's tiring doing that when I feel this way.

Need to find the tools to climb out of this pit but it's a struggle. Ugh.
Good to start talking man.

Cheers.

Just wanted to let you know I’ve got home, safely.

Really not much else to add right now. Ta.
I'm happy to hear that mate. Let me know how you are tomorrow aye?

I'd second anyone who's suggested exercise and fresh air.

Also, I recommend anyone who's having a tough time avoids doing what I've done this week, which is to use alcohol/weed (it's legal here) as a crutch at the end of bad days. It's a bad habit that I spiralled into when I was about 21 and have recognised myself doing again in the past week or so due to increased stress. I'm not saying people need to be teetotal but using anything like that as a crutch is not healthy.

Bad day for me today also. Monday's always are. Just feel like I am surviving at the moment. But it's just 1 week in on the tablets and no CBT yet. Thoughts going out to all feeling the same.

Bad day for me today also. Monday's always are. Just feel like I am surviving at the moment. But it's just 1 week in on the tablets and no CBT yet. Thoughts going out to all feeling the same.

Just a small bit of advice from me and you may already have had it anyway, but give yourself 4-6 weeks for the tablets to give you the full benefits. I know myself that it’s all too easy to convince yourself they’re not working, just takes time.

As someone has already said it takes a few weeks. ... It might also take a few trips to the doctors to get the right dosage as well... I had mine upped 3 times

Stick with the meds and give it 2-4 weeks at least before you’ll start seeing any benefit

I’m at my cousins funeral today - he took his own life while he was living in Oz and it’s hit me hard but I haven’t really told anyone.

I’ve been suffering with anxiety and depression for years and never really opened up. When I did to a few of my mates at work a couple of years ago I was ridiculed for it in a WhatsApp group and labelled an attention seeker. A few of them not realising the severity of it eventually apologised but a lot of them I cut them out of my life entirely. Apparently “they had suffered from real depression and I had no idea what I was talking about”

People deal with these issues in their own way I suppose but that sort of thing made me realise if you are going to open up about things then it’s important to do it to the right people - mainly family.

Which is why what’s happened to my cousin makes it so much worse. All he had to do was give one of us a message but he was away from his family on the other side of the world and we weren’t to know. Bloody awful.

anyone suffering more in the winter dark days or from SAD have you tried high dose Vitamin D supplement ??
I'm currently trying them - got some from Aldi

Just a small bit of advice from me and you may already have had it anyway, but give yourself 4-6 weeks for the tablets to give you the full benefits. I know myself that it’s all too easy to convince yourself they’re not working, just takes time.
Thanks will do

Stick with the meds and give it 2-4 weeks at least before you’ll start seeing any benefit

I was told that regarding Sertraline, yet strangely they had an immediate beneficial effect for me from the very next day and no obvious side effects.

Now almost three months on, I get the impression they’re not quite as effective as they were, but still seem to be beneficial to a reasonable degree.

For a while now, I've been thinking that getting up at or before 6am every day might be something that could make a major difference for me.
I really must find a way to make it happen. I'm terrible at getting to sleep, and I find I'm *always* tired on a morning, and every single day I'd like to roll over and go back to sleep.
So its going to be very very difficult to break that cycle!

Sounds like you need to call someone, maybe your GP, just to have a chat and see what can be done mate?

If I helps, that's pretty much word for word what my first posts were on this thread. After 2 weeks, the setrealine side effects had gone (except for headaches which never went, so I changed to Prozac 4 weeks ago - which seems to be helping).
And yes, I caught myself thinking "oh, that's a happy feeling" and feeling really nice about it - like a warm adrenaline rush just because I knew I'd felt "happy" for the first time in months.

How are you finding Talking Changes? Which "package" are you doing?
I did the online one, and they kinda cut me off before I'd finished - and I never did actually finish, or put any of it into action.
I know that's a mistake, but I've not got round to doing anything about that yet as I'm a lot better than a while back.
I should, though.
Thanks everyone. Just needed to clear my head a bit. Reached out a bit and was pleasantly surprised people in my life responded.

back to being massively up and down the last few days and struggling a bit today. Was meant to be out last night doing martial arts, I just sat in the car park outside and couldn't go in, my head was all jumbled up. I am just not great mixing with groups of people, I have been there a few times recently and it's always hard, but last night it was all a bit much. I drove away back home in the end. Was much happier back home reading a bedtime story to my little girl though.

I am usually strict with exercise as that helps me keep a positive routine up, but the last 2 weeks I haven't done much, just busy at work and now have a sore shoulder. Also have some festive events coming up over the next few days which I am not looking forward to so much, probably playing on my mind.

back to being massively up and down the last few days and struggling a bit today. Was meant to be out last night doing martial arts, I just sat in the car park outside and couldn't go in, my head was all jumbled up. I am just not great mixing with groups of people, I have been there a few times recently and it's always hard, but last night it was all a bit much. I drove away back home in the end. Was much happier back home reading a bedtime story to my little girl though.

I am usually strict with exercise as that helps me keep a positive routine up, but the last 2 weeks I haven't done much, just busy at work and now have a sore shoulder. Also have some festive events coming up over the next few days which I am not looking forward to so much, probably playing on my mind.

I read this the other day, it may be of some interest: How Introverts Can Make It in an Extraverted World

Apologies in advance if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back