Depression

Well another few weeks in still getting puns n needles in head and awful headaches as well as my many physical problems bit anxious with having job centre this week first time in ages don't think I should tell them about the anti depressants.

Been feeling like actual shite lately. Combination of SAD setting in and having been sleeping on a sofa bed for the last month whilst I’ve waited for my actual bed to be delivered.

Bed comes and hey presto I feel absolutely phenomenal.

Easy to see why people who have difficult circumstances at home, particularly kids, might struggle for motivation.

Going to the gym and seeing changes to your body works an absolute treat

Until you get pretty strong and want to keep moving but can’t because strength gain doesn’t work like that.

One missed rep can have you in a foul mood until you get a chance to re-take it :lol:

Weekdays are ok, but busy - tend to be flat out with work and making sure little fella is making school/classes etc but still reliant on after-school help. She's at uni studying again. Only bad bit is when the weekend comes we basically spend the whole time fighting. I can't remember when we last didn't. Not sure what I get out of it apart from verbal sparring practice tbh. More of a moan than depression, but I feel like I'm slipping back.

Currently in Ullapool, contemplating all sorts.
Planning on driving to Durness tomorrow, taking in one of the finest scenic routes Britain has to offer.
Then need to head back to Wearside pretty much immediately.
Who knows what the fcuk lies ahead after that though.

Planning on driving to Durness tomorrow, taking in one of the finest scenic routes Britain has to offer.

I don't wish to presume what all sorts means, but I've been there and it's not worth it.

It's overly simplistic, but you never win a game by walking away from it.

Talk to someone, us, a family member, your GP, anyone.

Probably 5 years late, get the dog out early on a morning,get another dog. Go on longer walks, early (5 ish) its a great time to get your head sorted, hope you got it sorted

Yes- the 5am thing is true- its about can you win your first battle of the day- ie getting out of bed in the dark- you feel much better after though

Well another few weeks in still getting puns n needles in head and awful headaches as well as my many physical problems bit anxious with having job centre this week first time in ages don't think I should tell them about the anti depressants.

Long road ahead- i say this to all- apply for cognitive therapy - meds are good for a year- after that you start believing you cant function without them- havent had any meds for years- meds provide the shield or insulation against your problems- it doesnt heal em

Last edited:
I am sat outside Shields library at the moment. Cold but sun shining, fresh air is under rated.

Try texting Samaritans - 07725 909090

They usually get back fairly soon and it's a safe place to say exactly how you feel. It can often be quite a different conversation than you have ever had before.

What's the worst that can happen?

Back