Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feeling very down today. I was jumped on Friday night, leading to a big scab on my head and a cut on my nose. Went shopping earlier and felt really self conscious that people were looking at me! I know I’ve said it before, but I’d appreciate the people who know me on here to keep it on here.

This thread is really useful. Been fine for ages and hit an absolute wall this week all of a sudden. Stopped eating. Can barely function at work. Every minute is feeling like an hour. Can't settle but got no energy to move. Can't sleep.

Not sure if it's been said before ... but I am about to do a course with talking changes . Also started on setraline a week ago. The side effects have been awful but fading now .... felt happy for a few minutes on Friday which was a nice strange feeling. ... I suffer from anxiety which causes severe depression. I have had this all my life but hid it away until I am 40 .... couldn't have gone on .... but got help from calm, then talking changes, and tablets from the doc. It's called mental illness because it's an illness and it can be treated.

It's that time of year again when I find myself needing to hibernate / take a break. Just this week left at work then I'm off for 3 weeks - gerrin ! I'm feeling a bit stressed and a bit tired but I'll be reet.............big (((hugs))) to my fellow sufferers, take it easy folks xx
2 more for me then not back until 7tj Jan.. can’t wait!

It's that time of year again when I find myself needing to hibernate / take a break. Just this week left at work then I'm off for 3 weeks - gerrin ! I'm feeling a bit stressed and a bit tired but I'll be reet.............big (((hugs))) to my fellow sufferers, take it easy folks xx
A big part of the problem for a lot of folks to be honest. Natural conditions are shite, dark till late on a morning, dark early and grim in between. Only 11 ish days till it starts getting lighter.
@NewAdventuresInWiFi @The Rat @Rainhill make sure you hang in get some help asap

Yes- the 5am thing is true- its about can you win your first battle of the day- ie getting out of bed in the dark- you feel much better after though
For a while now, I've been thinking that getting up at or before 6am every day might be something that could make a major difference for me.
I really must find a way to make it happen. I'm terrible at getting to sleep, and I find I'm *always* tired on a morning, and every single day I'd like to roll over and go back to sleep.
So its going to be very very difficult to break that cycle!

This thread is really useful. Been fine for ages and hit an absolute wall this week all of a sudden. Stopped eating. Can barely function at work. Every minute is feeling like an hour. Can't settle but got no energy to move. Can't sleep.
Sounds like you need to call someone, maybe your GP, just to have a chat and see what can be done mate?

Not sure if it's been said before ... but I am about to do a course with talking changes . Also started on setraline a week ago. The side effects have been awful but fading now .... felt happy for a few minutes on Friday which was a nice strange feeling. ... I suffer from anxiety which causes severe depression. I have had this all my life but hid it away until I am 40 .... couldn't have gone on .... but got help from calm, then talking changes, and tablets from the doc. It's called mental illness because it's an illness and it can be treated.
If I helps, that's pretty much word for word what my first posts were on this thread. After 2 weeks, the setrealine side effects had gone (except for headaches which never went, so I changed to Prozac 4 weeks ago - which seems to be helping).
And yes, I caught myself thinking "oh, that's a happy feeling" and feeling really nice about it - like a warm adrenaline rush just because I knew I'd felt "happy" for the first time in months.

How are you finding Talking Changes? Which "package" are you doing?
I did the online one, and they kinda cut me off before I'd finished - and I never did actually finish, or put any of it into action.
I know that's a mistake, but I've not got round to doing anything about that yet as I'm a lot better than a while back.
I should, though.

Nothing like some people on here are going through but I am feeling low right now - I'm not on the bottom, but it just feels a bit like life involves walking through treacle every day. Just so much harder than normal.

The funny thing is that it's related to a very difficult situation someone else close to me is having which I have contributed to (not done anything wrong - it's just one of those things) so the feelings are associated with a bit of guilt, as if the focus on myself is a little selfish or something. I know it doesn't work like that but you know, some things aren't rational. I'm trying to find a way to support them through it while dealing with my own shite, and talking to them about it is not an option so I feel like I'm constantly putting a face on and it's tiring doing that when I feel this way.

Need to find the tools to climb out of this pit but it's a struggle. Ugh.

Nothing like some people on here are going through but I am feeling low right now - I'm not on the bottom, but it just feels a bit like life involves walking through treacle every day. Just so much harder than normal.

The funny thing is that it's related to a very difficult situation someone else close to me is having which I have contributed to (not done anything wrong - it's just one of those things) so the feelings are associated with a bit of guilt, as if the focus on myself is a little selfish or something. I know it doesn't work like that but you know, some things aren't rational. I'm trying to find a way to support them through it while dealing with my own shite, and talking to them about it is not an option so I feel like I'm constantly putting a face on and it's tiring doing that when I feel this way.

Need to find the tools to climb out of this pit but it's a struggle. Ugh.

Like for the honesty and to show solidarity, not for the situation

For a while now, I've been thinking that getting up at or before 6am every day might be something that could make a major difference for me.
I really must find a way to make it happen. I'm terrible at getting to sleep, and I find I'm *always* tired on a morning, and every single day I'd like to roll over and go back to sleep.
So its going to be very very difficult to break that cycle!

Sounds like you need to call someone, maybe your GP, just to have a chat and see what can be done mate?

If I helps, that's pretty much word for word what my first posts were on this thread. After 2 weeks, the setrealine side effects had gone (except for headaches which never went, so I changed to Prozac 4 weeks ago - which seems to be helping).
And yes, I caught myself thinking "oh, that's a happy feeling" and feeling really nice about it - like a warm adrenaline rush just because I knew I'd felt "happy" for the first time in months.

How are you finding Talking Changes? Which "package" are you doing?
I did the online one, and they kinda cut me off before I'd finished - and I never did actually finish, or put any of it into action.
I know that's a mistake, but I've not got round to doing anything about that yet as I'm a lot better than a while back.
I should, though.
I am doing the online course with pho e calls as back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back