Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've learned about since being diagnosed with depression (then severe depression) back in 2012 is it never really leaves you, you manage it, but it something you constantly have to work on for the rest of your life. There's no "cure" for it, or at least there isn't for me.

My uncle shot himself when he was only 23 (when I was 4), I nearly pulled off a successful suicide attempt myself when I was 25 back in 2012 (which then prompted the diagnosis and treatment, I'm now 32). I wouldn't say I have had proper suicidal thoughts since, but there are plenty of times since where I think "I have had enough, I wish I wasn't living anymore" and I go through those thoughts at least a few times a year. I don't think I'll ever not have moments where I think "I want out" for as long as I live, as I say its just about managing it.

No one knew why my uncle killed himself, but there were no signs, he wrote little in his suicide note other than goodbye's and it saddens he never got help like I had.

Last edited:

After thinking they had forgotten about me as I've had no work for a few days from the agency, I'm back on board tomorrow. Don't know where i am delivering to, pot luck, but means being useful, and earning a crust.

I'm also genuinely worried. Can mods check if he has read the mags please?

I am sure mods would have said out if not been online?

Happened to me other week, similar sate, but I'd logged on so let people know.

Nasty month

I have 2 modes to get by, lock myself in the house and don't talk to anyone at all for days, or go out and get absolutely mortal.

Nothing inbetween at the minute

I am sure mods would have said out if not been online?

Happened to me other week, similar sate, but I'd logged on so let people know.

Nasty month

I have 2 modes to get by, lock myself in the house and don't talk to anyone at all for days, or go out and get absolutely mortal.

Nothing inbetween at the minute
Drinking ain't the answer believe me

No answers at the bottom of the bottle. I’m debating whether to give up altogether because even drinking in moderation isn’t that much fun anymore.
Since my anti depressants started I only have a pint possibly 2 before the game and maybe 1drink during week Where as I used to have a few most days, couldn't stop all together like I had to go three weeks without any last year I really struggled.

Since my anti depressants started I only have a pint possibly 2 before the game and maybe 1drink during week Where as I used to have a few most days, couldn't stop all together like I had to go three weeks without any last year I really struggled.
I didn’t drink for 4 months when I lived in France a few years back, and last year I went a few months without. This time of year would be hard, like. But we are all different and alcohol is a right bastard for some people

I didn’t drink for 4 months when I lived in France a few years back, and last year I went a few months without. This time of year would be hard, like. But we are all different and alcohol is a right bastard for some people
You can tell my health ain't the best when I'm not overly bothered christmas day will be difficult, I rarely have nights out as is but don't have any will power to only have a few when out last time I had a couple wasn't feeling great and came home not really very sociable at the moment.

You can tell my health ain't the best when I'm not overly bothered christmas day will be difficult, I rarely have nights out as is but don't have any will power to only have a few when out last time I had a couple wasn't feeling great and came home not really very sociable at the moment.
I’ll definitley be having a few drinks on 25th myself, like. I’m 5000km from home with no mates to spend the day with.

I've had a relapse the last few days and really can't be bothered with anyone or anything. I really don't know what else to do as have tried everything. Feel like I'm getting dragged down a dark hole and it's a constant battle to keep crawling out. I really can't see the point in living as what is the point of this feeling is life. I have 2 girls 11 and 5 years old who i love with all my heart but i cant seem to shake this thing. I really don't want to go back to work in a factory in January and stupidly thought I would easily get another job but have had no luck, even jobs I could do with my eyes shut on shit money. I really don't know what to do, feel like I just want to be free from this horrible relentless feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back