Depeche Mode - RIP Fletch

Well that’s a bit shite!

Seen them all ower the shop over the years, every gig was tremendous.

Most recently took my eldest to see the Spirits In the Forest film at the cinema in the town when it was released.

Cack news.

Well that’s a bit shite!

Seen them all ower the shop over the years, every gig was tremendous.

Most recently took my eldest to see the Spirits In the Forest film at the cinema in the town when it was released.

Cack news.
I went to see that tour in Athens terra vibe park
Thought it would be hot warm absolutely pissed down and was about 60km from Athens. Didn't even get a pint, que was huge

I was there at whitley bay I thought it was the music for the masses tour, could be wrong but if I recall the lass from the support band had her boobs out round about 1988?
Yeah I was there
Support group was called Hard Corps, the lead singer Regine (who did get them out) died of breast cancer

Absolutely shit that it’s the end of an era but on the positive side my first ever gig was them at their peak, the ‘101’ tour at Whitley Bay Ice Rink. My life would probably be different if I hadn’t been influenced by DM. Met mates I’ve grew up with because they were into Depeche and New Order then got into acid house/techno that DM themselves influenced massively. Unbelievably important group.
Saw them at the ice rink as well - Black Celebration tour. Class

They were ok in their early days but like simple minds they turned into a meaningless stadium band.
Hardly "meaningless" I think it suited there grand sound as they have epic songs. I wasn't a fan of ACDC when I was growing up. But I saw "Thunderstruck" on Youtube played in South AMerica somewhere. Immense!
OH! Fletch died!?! WTF...RIP to him

Last edited:
Sad news about Fletch. An integral part of the band even if he was no musician. DM should start getting appreciated more - consistently good music and an absolutely brilliant live band. Saw them many times but the last was Lollapalooza in Chicago (I think it was around 2010) so regretting missing a couple of opportunities since then.

Shocked and gutted by this news.

My favourite band bar none, and still one of the most underrated British bands ever. Despite being massive all over the world except over here.

Fletch was the glue for that band. Massive loss.

RIP mate.
I've always thought they had the perfect situation
Mega successfull but able to walk down the street .
What a fabulous life style
Sad news but he's done two lifetimes to many of us

I've always thought they had the perfect situation
Mega successfull but able to walk down the street .
What a fabulous life style
Sad news but he's done two lifetimes to many of us
This is very true mate. Truly a unique band.

Thought Fletch would've been the last to go out of the three lads but life always finds a way of shocking us eh!?

I was just saying to the wife the other day that the next tour would be their last
A greatest hits tour
I told her I was going to do UK, Germany, Spain and Italy
Had it all planned in my head
Gutted
ref my post
The wife said to me this morning, sorry to hear about the news, but can we get a new kitchen with the money you'll save now
:neutral:

Back