Depeche Mode - RIP Fletch

I am hoping that the general sale is more reasonable.

The gaffer got tickets for Twickenham this morning. 95+fee. Hoping that means the general sale today will be more affordable. NY on sale in 30 mins.
Looks like they start at $260 plus a bunch of fees, so i don’t think we’ll be doing that either, even tho it’s cheaper than yesterday. A grand for three of us.

Looks like they start at $260 plus a bunch of fees, so i don’t think we’ll be doing that either, even tho it’s cheaper than yesterday. A grand for three of us.
I joined the queue at 15 seconds after 8am. I have 2000+ ahead of me ffs!!!
Every ticket available to buy was verified resale. Nothing under $500.
Another example of artist and venue not giving a shit about fans.
Just got tickets for San Antonio. Re-sale but 2 tickets was $349 including fees so reasonably happy with that.

Last edited:
New album out 24 March. 🤗

Only given it one listen so far. Glad they’ve got that mix of synth & guitar back on this track but it’s very ‘ploddy’. Nothing in it really stands out. If this is the lead single, it doesn’t bode well for the album. You never know tho.
The video is worse imo. No Corbijn ‘edge’ to it. Dave crawling round on the floor… What’s that all about?! The lads look really old too and it really stands out that there’s only 2 of them now. ☹️

Bummer. Fingers crossed it’s a grower.

Only given it one listen so far. Glad they’ve got that mix of synth & guitar back on this track but it’s very ‘ploddy’. Nothing in it really stands out. If this is the lead single, it doesn’t bode well for the album. You never know tho.
The video is worse imo. No Corbijn ‘edge’ to it. Dave crawling round on the floor… What’s that all about?! The lads look really old too and it really stands out that there’s only 2 of them now. ☹️

Bummer. Fingers crossed it’s a grower.
I think it is a bit of a grower, I thought much the same as you on first listen but quite like it now. Every chance the album will be quite different, this has the feel of a bit of a Fletch tribute.

I love it tbh. I was hooked after the first couple of sentences. 40 years plus in the industry and they still sound fresh.

Can't wait for Twickenham. Anybody else off here going?

I love DM. (DM. Ironic now there is only Dave and Martin left) I agree the video lacks the “Corbijn edge” but love the song.
Celebratory, melancholic thought-provoking and fresh.
Wasted love, treasured time, life.

What does anyone make of the new song?
What is its meaning?

I think it’s a decent intro but a shit single. A bit of a dirge. A bit pretentious too, with Dave over-egging the pudding

What does anyone make of the new song?
What is its meaning?

I think it’s a decent intro but a shit single. A bit of a dirge. A bit pretentious too, with Dave over-egging the pudding
I like it, instantly recognisable and a bit more classic DM. Not there best work by a long shot but still pretty good. Don’t know if there’s much to read in to meaning exactly but have only listened a couple of times so far.

It’s a grower. It took me a few listens.
Classic DM sound and very relatable.
Someone or something with a frightening hold over you?
I still feel Dave could tone it down somewhat sometimes tho

Back