Depeche Mode - RIP Fletch

I met Fletch once. 101 was being released on DVD and he was at the Premier at a cinema in central London. There was a Q&A with him & the 101 directors before the film started. I asked if he was still running his record label, Toast Hawaii... he said he was. I ran on stage with a pre-made demo CD I had made and handed it to him. The audience laughed and clapped my spirited effort... He rolled his eyes and made a 'throwing it in the bin' gesture as I handed it to him! :)

Midway through the film, I popped out for a tab. He was out there smoking too. Slightly starstruck, I said to him 'Bet you've watched this hundreds of times now eh?'. He said 'no. not really. Not that much to be honest', and went back inside.

Legend. :lol:

Just glad I got to see them loads of times live here as well as abroad. Said it before but my life would have been different without Depeche Mode!
Same mate….As you know we’ve had pretty similar ‘musical journeys’ through life & DM 100% influenced the tunes I write now as well as the stuff I listen to today. Saw them 8/9 times in the UK… Only regret was never seeing them abroad to get that buzz of a European crowd.

This got posted to the DM Facebook page this evening…

“We wanted to take a moment and acknowledge the outpouring of love for Andy that we’ve seen from all of you over the last few weeks. It’s incredible to see all of your photos, to read your words, and to see how much Andy meant to all of you. As you can imagine, it’s been a strange, sad, disorienting few weeks for us here, to say the least. But we’ve seen and felt all of your love and support, and we know that Andy’s family has too.

A couple weeks ago we received the result from the medical examiners, which Andy’s family asked us to share with you now. Andy suffered an aortic dissection while at home on May 26. So, even though it was far, far too soon, he passed naturally and without prolonged suffering.

We had a celebration of Andy’s life in London last week, which was a beautiful ceremony and gathering with a few tears, but filled with the great memories of who Andy was, stories of all of our times together, and some good laughs. Andy was celebrated in a room full of many of his friends and family, our immediate DM family, and so many people who have touched Andy’s and our lives throughout the years. All being together was a very special way to remember Andy and see him off.

So thank you for all of the love you’ve shown Andy and his family and friends over the last few weeks. It honestly means the world to all of us. Andy, you’ll be missed, but certainly not forgotten.

Love, Martin & Dave”

This got posted to the DM Facebook page this evening…

“We wanted to take a moment and acknowledge the outpouring of love for Andy that we’ve seen from all of you over the last few weeks. It’s incredible to see all of your photos, to read your words, and to see how much Andy meant to all of you. As you can imagine, it’s been a strange, sad, disorienting few weeks for us here, to say the least. But we’ve seen and felt all of your love and support, and we know that Andy’s family has too.

A couple weeks ago we received the result from the medical examiners, which Andy’s family asked us to share with you now. Andy suffered an aortic dissection while at home on May 26. So, even though it was far, far too soon, he passed naturally and without prolonged suffering.

We had a celebration of Andy’s life in London last week, which was a beautiful ceremony and gathering with a few tears, but filled with the great memories of who Andy was, stories of all of our times together, and some good laughs. Andy was celebrated in a room full of many of his friends and family, our immediate DM family, and so many people who have touched Andy’s and our lives throughout the years. All being together was a very special way to remember Andy and see him off.

So thank you for all of the love you’ve shown Andy and his family and friends over the last few weeks. It honestly means the world to all of us. Andy, you’ll be missed, but certainly not forgotten.

Love, Martin & Dave”
Lovely statement from the lads that.

Gone but not forgotten and we'll always have the music!

I just had a look at the new box set (a limited Collector's Edition of 'Playing The Angel: The 12″ Singles') which will be released on 11 November and noticed they released this one back in April:

I never knew that.

Very excited!!!!
Depeche Mode announce Twickenham Stadium gig for Saturday 17th June 2023!!

Presale this Thursday at 10am
Hoping to get something in general sale for San Antonio or New York tomorrow.
Pre-Sale today are crazy money. $700 for decent seats + $105 booking fee.
Really want to see them but not at that price.

Very excited!!!!
Depeche Mode announce Twickenham Stadium gig for Saturday 17th June 2023!!

Presale this Thursday at 10am
A few of us were looking forward to booking this.
We saw the prices.
We then decided to keep our kids warm in the winter rather than line the pockets of the wealthy.
Shame - all of us were up for it and love DM. Greed isn't a great virtue in these times. I'm sure others will queue up to but those tickets though.

Back