Defoe wants to leave Sunderland for West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't mind him going there (not that I want him to go anywhere). Have no affinity to West Ham, bit of a nothing team (bar them all thinking they are Danny Dyer in the films (sweeping accusation? :D)). Bloke has earned himself another crack with a better club after our lot have fucked him over so badly since he joined.

I'll accept him moving anywhere but the Mags. And I can see them being in for him just to fuck us off and get a striker that will keep them up. Worth every penny of his wages...

As soon as poor relegation is confirmed (if it is and if we don't have a random mint streak and stay up) Moyes should confirm whether or not Defoe can leave for nowt. I can understand not commenting yet when we can still stay up but if we drop it should be made clear. I hope there's no such clause but wouldn't put it past us

Wright -

“I’ve spoken to him (Defoe) in the past and he has said he’d love to be able to go back and right that wrong. We’re talking about a young guy who was badly advised.
The day after you go down, you hand in a transfer request. That is just terrible.
“He did that because he was advised to do that. His agent kicked West Ham when they were down. I bet nobody remembers the agent but everybody still remembers Jermain Defoe.

“There’s always going to be fans that never forgive you but you can only try and change the attitude of people. And if there’s anyone who can score goals to change the attitude of people, then I think it’s Defoe.”

Defoe -

“It was a massive mistake. I didn’t really want to do it.
“We’re talking about leaving the club I was in love with at the time because I came through the youth system with my friends, the fans loved me there. They were brilliant - every game they sang my name.
“The person who represented me at the time said, ‘You need to hand in a transfer request and get in early because all the lads are going to leave.’
“I remember going in and I was so nervous. It was (then Hammers chief executive) Paul Aldridge and I gave him the letter and he said, ‘What’s this?’ And I said, ‘It’s a transfer request’.
“And he looked at me as if to say, ‘Are you kidding?’
“The backlash was crazy. I felt like I was on my own and people were absolutely abusing me.
“To this day I can imagine West Ham fans look at me and think, ‘Who does he think he is? How can you do that? You’re a Judas’. And it’s quite sad really because I can honestly say I still love that club.”
What kind of reception do you think he'd receive if he did go back to West Ham ?

What kind of reception do you think he'd receive if he did go back to West Ham ?
may be mixed a little at first

sure would be fine once he scored a couple (as with Sheringham and funnily enough Ian Wright) who were hate figures that joined us

not over keen on forgiving myself still though no denying he's a great player

that's if this happens, he may want to come back but there no guarantee we will move for him again

Sima,
I chose to respond to you as I was wondering how you have the nerve to call anyone a prick, yet alone Ian Wright.
As you are aware, I do sometimes respond to you offering you medical advice, as you so obviously need it.
You spend half of your life on here, yet don't support us, I suspect if Ian Wright knew that he may choose to call you a prick or even a sad prick.
Btw, how is your young son ?

may be mixed a little at first

sure would be fine once he scored a couple (as with Sheringham and funnily enough Ian Wright) who were hate figures that joined us

not over keen on forgiving myself still though no denying he's a great player

that's if this happens, he may want to come back but there no guarantee we will move for him again

Can you see him starting for you next season?

Wonder what he values more few more premier league goals or starting games at his age.

If he signs for the Hammers I'll still give Defoe a great reception when he comes up here with them in the league next year.

Mind you, it's going to be some slump for West Ham to get relegated alongside us this season like.

Can you see him starting for you next season?

Wonder what he values more few more premier league goals or starting games at his age.
yeah although I don't imagine he'd be the only striker to come in, but with Carroll and Sakho missing at least half of every season i'm sure he'd get games

Someone in the media says something we don't like he's a wanker,says something we like he's a top man,knows what he's talking about.
Mental at times this place.

Sima,
I chose to respond to you as I was wondering how you have the nerve to call anyone a prick, yet alone Ian Wright.
As you are aware, I do sometimes respond to you offering you medical advice, as you so obviously need it.
You spend half of your life on here, yet don't support us, I suspect if Ian Wright knew that he may choose to call you a prick or even a sad prick.
Btw, how is your young son ?

Not what you said here:

I read what some of what you say, chuckle at you at times and move on. However if you are digging at me, like now, I may respond.

Are you a liar? Also, it's a bit creepy you asking about a 3 year old on an internet messageboard.

There's few if any players worked harder for the club and shown their quality and few if any who could have had their pick of better clubs to move to but remained loyal and professional to us to the end.

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up, he's been a model professional

The days all long gone of actually have affinity with a player so it shouldn't come as a shock. He leaves and we move on.
This bar defoes efforts with our Bradley the rest is just sound bites man, while he was saying how mint it is up here how he loves the fans nee doubt he was planning his move away at the first chance. In reality he's nee better than the likes of bent, he's done well for us but has been richly rewarded for those goals as well as been given status of the likes of Quinny and super kev when he in reality hadn't earned yet. No I'll will towards Defoe I'm thankful for his contributions to the club and will wish him all the best but he's nee club legend for me like.

If he leaves (which I suspect he almost certainly will) then big clubs will not want him and he will only be a bit part player at the mid table clubs - occasional starts and sub appearances - it's only basket case clubs like ours that would start him regularly. If he stayed with us he would achieve legendary status for ever in the NE, if he leaves he might get to move up a place or two in the all time premier league scorers table.
Similarly with Pickford - both should seriously consider staying and I think the club should try to keep them, and not just see it as a chance to reduce wages or cash in on a rising star.

yeah although I don't imagine he'd be the only striker to come in, but with Carroll and Sakho missing at least half of every season i'm sure he'd get games
Aye probably sign a world class one like last summer maybe a £3m bid for Neymar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back