Dear Mr Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all feel the pain mate but pissing in the wind...

Best thing we can do rather than write on a forum is get behind the lads in numbers cheering them on. If the FPP guys are unsure and see us still attending and cheering the lads on without a toxic atmosphere (there isn't mind you get the odd bell end swearing all game but most people are fully behind the lads) then that will only make them more eager to take over.

They obviously will have employed people to be keeping an eye over SD, CM and the fans attending to see if this is worth something fully committing too.

That is if they haven't already I wouldn't be surprised if that 10m was a payment so they get shares, if we get promoted then they will do the same but a larger amount and take a larger promotion of shares till we are back in the Premier league then they would be majority share holders.
People are sick the way things are going at the moment, BUT (in caps) a lot of the hate is social media based. Twitter, insta, facey etc etc is where a lot of shite is flowing from. People in disguise abusing the club from top to bottom. A hell of a lot of wums from who knows where just jumping on the bandwagon abusing our owners/club.

I have never known it as bad, maybe it's down to Donald being so open and naive on twitter as we aren't Eastleigh or Oxford. I don't think he has realised the size of the club he has took on. We all know Safc is a 24/7 thing and everything that is said is picked up on.

This is our club no matter who is in charge, people don't trust Donald which is their prerogative. In the beginning I was wary but I've grown to like Donald, and the media bkackout from him is what should have happened from the start, bar the odd interview.

I suspect you or other high ranking members of the club read this board. I find it inconceivable that you wouldn't, few businesses have direct access to detailed feedback like this about their organisation. Firstly, i would like to thank you for the time, money and effort you have invested in our club. It was clearly in dire straits when you came in. It is a monster and it has, presumably, taken over your life. I think the vast majority of safc fans would share this sentiment.

I would also like to express deep regret for any threats, abuse or personal attacks you may have received from any Sunderland "fans". There is no excuse for it and it is completely out of order. This behaviour is not representative of the fanbase. While absolutely inexcusable, i suspect it has been borne of frustration and anxiety regarding the current plight of our once proud club. This is a feeling shared by almost all supporters at present.

The club appears to be in turmoil and mired in uncertainty. This hasnt been helped by your sudden and complete withdrawal of communication with the fans, having previously been very high profile and easily accessible. Incidentally, i believe you have made the correct decision in this regard.

I do believe, however, that you have made a number of decisions that could be seen as questionable. No one gets everything right all of the time, but unfortunately we find ourselves, in November, in 7th position in league 1. Make no mistake, this is not acceptable.

This is Sunderland Association Football Club. Quite simply one of the best in the country. It should not be here for one season, never mind two. Three is inconceivable. As an Oxford supporter, league 1 is quite normal, the checkatrade trophy is worth winning and the championship would be nice. Not here. With the greatest respect to Oxford, safc is on a different planet.

We need owners on a different level to what you and charlie can offer, owners like FPP. I dont know what has happened between the podcasts being briefed/the holding company being set up and the apparent scaling back from takeover to investment. If the problem is on your side, however, i would urge you to reconsider and do everything in your power to ensure the sale goes through. You said when you came, you would know before the fans when it was time to move on. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the club. It cannot be missed.

It could be that everything is already lined up behind the scenes for a full takeover in the future. If so, thank you. It could be the issue is with FPP being cautious and things changed from their perspective. If so, i apologise. Whatever the situation, please make this happen.

Kind regards

Kermit

Great post and fully agree.

People are sick the way things are going at the moment, BUT (in caps) a lot of the hate is social media based. Twitter, insta, facey etc etc is where a lot of shite is flowing from. People in disguise abusing the club from top to bottom. A hell of a lot of wums from who knows where just jumping on the bandwagon abusing our owners/club.

I have never known it as bad, maybe it's down to Donald being so open and naive on twitter as we aren't Eastleigh or Oxford. I don't think he has realised the size of the club he has took on. We all know Safc is a 24/7 thing and everything that is said is picked up on.

This is our club no matter who is in charge, people don't trust Donald which is their prerogative. In the beginning I was wary but I've grown to like Donald, and the media bkackout from him is what should have happened from the start, bar the odd interview.

Best way to find out is to go to the match not takes views of people on a forum which 80% probably don't even attend.

That's not a dig a people who actually can't but would like too but you know what I mean.

I suspect you or other high ranking members of the club read this board. I find it inconceivable that you wouldn't, few businesses have direct access to detailed feedback like this about their organisation. Firstly, i would like to thank you for the time, money and effort you have invested in our club. It was clearly in dire straits when you came in. It is a monster and it has, presumably, taken over your life. I think the vast majority of safc fans would share this sentiment.

I would also like to express deep regret for any threats, abuse or personal attacks you may have received from any Sunderland "fans". There is no excuse for it and it is completely out of order. This behaviour is not representative of the fanbase. While absolutely inexcusable, i suspect it has been borne of frustration and anxiety regarding the current plight of our once proud club. This is a feeling shared by almost all supporters at present.

The club appears to be in turmoil and mired in uncertainty. This hasnt been helped by your sudden and complete withdrawal of communication with the fans, having previously been very high profile and easily accessible. Incidentally, i believe you have made the correct decision in this regard.

I do believe, however, that you have made a number of decisions that could be seen as questionable. No one gets everything right all of the time, but unfortunately we find ourselves, in November, in 7th position in league 1. Make no mistake, this is not acceptable.

This is Sunderland Association Football Club. Quite simply one of the best in the country. It should not be here for one season, never mind two. Three is inconceivable. As an Oxford supporter, league 1 is quite normal, the checkatrade trophy is worth winning and the championship would be nice. Not here. With the greatest respect to Oxford, safc is on a different planet.

We need owners on a different level to what you and charlie can offer, owners like FPP. I dont know what has happened between the podcasts being briefed/the holding company being set up and the apparent scaling back from takeover to investment. If the problem is on your side, however, i would urge you to reconsider and do everything in your power to ensure the sale goes through. You said when you came, you would know before the fans when it was time to move on. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the club. It cannot be missed.

It could be that everything is already lined up behind the scenes for a full takeover in the future. If so, thank you. It could be the issue is with FPP being cautious and things changed from their perspective. If so, i apologise. Whatever the situation, please make this happen.

Kind regards

Kermit

Christ almighty. And I thought the great unwashed were bad.

Kind regards

Kermit

it’s a decent post, write what u want and don’t back down to the sarcastic knowitalls on here
Imagine taking the time to write that.

imagine you changing your posting style

Last edited:
How much would it cost to fix the lift like? :lol:

If we are having to borrow money to fix the lift in the academy we are even more fucked than I thought.

How much would it cost to fix the lift like? :lol:

If we are having to borrow money to fix the lift in the academy we are even more fucked than I thought.
I hope it's a throw away comment/answer unless the lift in question is from the end of Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

I take it as being money to get the infrastructure of the club heading in the right direction. If true then it has to be a positive thing as we have been chucking money we don't have to keep a sinking ship afloat.

Admittedly we are shite at the moment, but hopefully we get the right structure in place to see a club like ours progress and actually survive.

I hope it's a throw away comment/answer unless the lift in question is from the end of Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

I take it as being money to get the infrastructure of the club heading in the right direction. If true then it has to be a positive thing as we have been chucking money we don't have to keep a sinking ship afloat.

Admittedly we are shite at the moment, but hopefully we get the right structure in place to see a club like ours progress and actually survive.
I think its a tactical comment, he is a top business man I'm sure he is aware of the necessity of keeping a lid on how we prepare our team for matches in a way that will win the league.

Wise words and the people who advocated on here not doing it in first place (not me) were very correct. Make yourself an easy target and people will fire at it!

Fingers crossed

indeed, there are a lot of good sunderland fans who are very pissed off and frustrated right now, they are not sure what or how to vent, doing that here or elsewhere is ok provided it isn’t abusive or threatening to the owner.

Wise words and the people who advocated on here not doing it in first place (not me) were very correct. Make yourself an easy target and people will fire at it!
It's true though, we are a great bunch when things are going well, any blip and it can be a nightmare(x1000000000000 if via Twitter etc).

The one comment I read on here or Twitter was something like ' Only say something online if you would say the same to that persons face', which we all know doesn't happen as the bellends that abuse someone always have an alter ego.

I have to admit that my name is not pork pie, and my Twitter account says nowt about me, but I don't abuse anyone personally. I have my views but they aren't going to cause anyone any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back