Dear Mr Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did Barnsley, Charlton and Luton spend last season getting promoted?

You don’t need infinite resources to get out of this league. You do need people running the club who know what they’re doing and who didn’t get the job just because you know them.
Being Devils Advocate, but the teams that got promoted last season, didn't have to face the total turmoil from the season before, that we did

Being Devils Advocate, but the teams that got promoted last season, didn't have to face the total turmoil from the season before, that we did

Barnsley signed almost as many players as we did and took on their manager after we’d taken on ours.

Charlton didn’t have enough players to put out a full bench against us and had a man in charge who didn’t want to be a football manager.

Luton were in the 4th division the season before last.

We’d come down from the Championship, spent more than double the rest of the league combined and had two of the best players in the division in Maja and McGeady.

A heartfelt post. I might not agree with everything said but I respect the time and thought that has gone into it from a genuine and passionate fan.

Some of the responses though.... wanksplat.

In my case I don't agree with everything said by everyone but in this instance I do and I also totally respect the time and thought that had gone into it from a genuine and passionate fan.

The responses made me sick. They claim to be worried about the club but they come out with bile like that which just a slap in the face to the feelings and sentiments that was put in to it.

Seemingly spoke very passionately in his interview on safc.com as the end of last season about not wanting to ever feel like he did watching Charlton celebrate at Wembley.

Well Charlie lad, you are absolutely gureteening that at the moment. Every decsion around recruitment since is looking like we might not even make the play offs!

Even IF we scrape it I've zero confidence in a scrimping and saving on recruiting the players and manager to get us over the line.

All the sound bites and good intentions mean nothing if you procide as the SAFC chairman who see's us kick off a 3rd season in the 3rd tier... a BIG January required!

Barnsley signed almost as many players as we did and took on their manager after we’d taken on ours.

Charlton didn’t have enough players to put out a full bench against us and had a man in charge who didn’t want to be a football manager.

We’d come down from the Championship, spent more than double the rest of the league combined and had two of the best players in the division in Maja and McGeady.

Surely no-one can argue against this?

Few bans dished out last night seemingly, to people who said they disliked SD.
Pathetic man, if it was for abuse fair enough but if its just criticism of the job he is doing then how is that not allowed. This is a forum, the bloke is failing spectacularly and deserves to be questioned by every single fan as the bloke is taking us for a ride.

Spot on. Regardless of "turmoil" not going up last season was a huge failure. A slightly forgivable one bearing in mind the issues, but only forgivable if we then used the more settled summer to address deficiencies we'd noticed in the squad, work on employing a more effective style and then comfortably won promotion the next season. Instead it is obvious that they learned nothing from the season we failed in, made further cuts (whilst almost laughably believing we could still target winning the league) which made us weaker on the pitch and generally made mistakes that might (with parachute payments ending) see us stuck in this league for years

i can understood anything libelous being removed and resulting in bans etc.. but opinions and reasoned criticism?

I'll probably be banned shortly :lol:
There's a really long summary of his mistakes listed above in quotes that the original of has been removed.

i can understood anything libelous being removed and resulting in bans etc.. but opinions and reasoned criticism?

I'll probably be banned shortly :lol:

there was some stuff right over the top. Totally irrational behaviour by some.People need to stop and think that they are talking in public and control their emotions.

Deserves a thread of its own, I'm unsure what they've actually got right. We're now a league one team with league one players, a manager that no one wanted and the parachute payments have ended.

I'm sure they've got stuff right. Djillibodji and nik nak head for a start but that was done by solicitors. There will be other things but we don't really know what they are.

I'd argue the things they have for right are the things Bain was doing, and was hated for.
There's a really long summary of his mistakes listed above in quotes that the original of has been removed.

No idea why that's been removed tbh. Somone asked what he has done wrong and I gave my opinion and pointed out it was my opinion.

I've not said he's done anything illegal. He hasn't. Buying a business to sell at a profit isn't illegal, and nor are the measures he's taken to attempt it.

Its just shit for us fans who have to deal with all in the meantime whilst being mocked and taken for mugs by them.

Last edited:
Tin hat on. Is SD with his limited resources as much of a victim of the total calamity of mismanagement of this club over the last decade as you and me, the dedicated fans, rather than being part of the disaster. Discuss.
In which case Steward Donald would only have himself to blame for being so foolish and irresponsible as to take on a Football Club - "an institution" as either him or his mate put it - that he could ill afford. Quite simply they should not be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back