Dear Mr Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm as pissed off as anybody but the reality is we can't do anything til Parkinson has had a transfer dabble. We can't change the ownership, they have done a lot of the hard work behind the scenes on costs but so far not on the playing side. Fine margins remember and they wouldn't even have been fine had Maja stayed. This could get nasty and actually drag us further down but it won t change the ownership. (see them up the road)

I don't think we'd have gone up with Maja. Loads are saying it as if that one move was the one that fucked us. Fact is it's lots of bad decisions that are coming home to roost at present. When Maja left we were 5th, we'd drawn the same percentage of games as we ended up with at the end of the season. It's not as if we looked any good when he was here and I hope the owners aren't thinking it was only one decision that fucked it up because they've been a lot worse than that

Suppose those who are most angry now are same ones who wanted Ellis short out, and celebrated when SD and CM came in.....calling him "the don" etc.

Absolutely if you apply the Charlie Methven unscientific algorithm

He's a victim of the club not getting promoted last season. Had we gone up he'd have been in a good position to make lots of money out of something he seemingly has put very little money in to.
Didn't he say something about the club being unsustainable in The Championship if we'd gone up though :lol:

Last edited:
Tin hat on. Is SD with his limited resources as much of a victim of the total calamity of mismanagement of this club over the last decade as you and me, the dedicated fans, rather than being part of the disaster. Discuss.
Discuss???
What else are you ment to do, it's a bloody messageboard!!!

I don't think we'd have gone up with Maja. Loads are saying it as if that one move was the one that fucked us. Fact is it's lots of bad decisions that are coming home to roost at present. When Maja left we were 5th, we'd drawn the same percentage of games as we ended up with at the end of the season. It's not as if we looked any good when he was here and I hope the owners aren't thinking it was only one decision that fucked it up because they've been a lot worse than that

i agree but, that one decision did seem to snowball a fuckton or even worse decisions, almost as if to try and make up for it.
The panic set in and they didn’t want to be rumbled but they’ve just gotten worse and worse and now they have been rumbled.

Tin hat on. Is SD with his limited resources as much of a victim of the total calamity of mismanagement of this club over the last decade as you and me, the dedicated fans, rather than being part of the disaster. Discuss.

He'll walk away all the richer for the experience, which I don't mind, just the fanny went missing...

Everyone thinks the club is in a dire situation.
It’s results that are dire.turn that around and everything will be rosey again.
They need to take each game 1 by 1 and focus on winning.

Didn't he say something about the club being unsustainable in The Championship if we'd gone up though :lol:

Aye. There were promotion clauses in the player contracts and he said a huge chunk of our budget would have been “pre spent”.

He shouldn’t have taken over then, if he didn’t have the money. If he has limited resources, why did he spunk 95% of it on Will Grigg? He’s a shambles - a joke. I’m glad he doesn’t attend matches anymore.
If they'd appointed adequate recruitment staff we might've tried to obtain some of the many players who ran rings around us last season instead, who'd be delighted to play for SAFC. Grigg was 100% a board signing, and I don't care what Ross said, he was appointed for the same reason Parkinson was - both yes men who won't say anything negative about the chairman.

I’m stunned more hasn’t been made if this tbh.
A lot of people have not wanted to mention this and have even denied it,they were caught up in all the spin going on.The truth is all coming out as it’s all gone to fuck.

Id keep that tin hat on for a while.

he has been nothing but a disaster, bar changing the seats which we had to do ourselves.

I've no doubt he had the best intentions and wanted to make us a success, but he's (including Methvern) completely out of his depth. Had we been promoted he wouldn't now be here and that's what he banked on, very fine margins.

I suspect you or other high ranking members of the club read this board. I find it inconceivable that you wouldn't, few businesses have direct access to detailed feedback like this about their organisation. Firstly, i would like to thank you for the time, money and effort you have invested in our club. It was clearly in dire straits when you came in. It is a monster and it has, presumably, taken over your life. I think the vast majority of safc fans would share this sentiment.

I would also like to express deep regret for any threats, abuse or personal attacks you may have received from any Sunderland "fans". There is no excuse for it and it is completely out of order. This behaviour is not representative of the fanbase. While absolutely inexcusable, i suspect it has been borne of frustration and anxiety regarding the current plight of our once proud club. This is a feeling shared by almost all supporters at present.

The club appears to be in turmoil and mired in uncertainty. This hasnt been helped by your sudden and complete withdrawal of communication with the fans, having previously been very high profile and easily accessible. Incidentally, i believe you have made the correct decision in this regard.

I do believe, however, that you have made a number of decisions that could be seen as questionable. No one gets everything right all of the time, but unfortunately we find ourselves, in November, in 7th position in league 1. Make no mistake, this is not acceptable.

This is Sunderland Association Football Club. Quite simply one of the best in the country. It should not be here for one season, never mind two. Three is inconceivable. As an Oxford supporter, league 1 is quite normal, the checkatrade trophy is worth winning and the championship would be nice. Not here. With the greatest respect to Oxford, safc is on a different planet.

We need owners on a different level to what you and charlie can offer, owners like FPP. I dont know what has happened between the podcasts being briefed/the holding company being set up and the apparent scaling back from takeover to investment. If the problem is on your side, however, i would urge you to reconsider and do everything in your power to ensure the sale goes through. You said when you came, you would know before the fans when it was time to move on. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the club. It cannot be missed.

It could be that everything is already lined up behind the scenes for a full takeover in the future. If so, thank you. It could be the issue is with FPP being cautious and things changed from their perspective. If so, i apologise. Whatever the situation, please make this happen.

Kind regards

Kermit
Superb post to be fair.

My only hope is that this investment party had a look at the books and knew this guy was going to be so depleted by cash that the golden egg of selling us was no more than a cash saviour now.

Failing that, he will stay here and mortgage us to the hilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back