Darts 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
11/12, got the Powers successive titles wrong.

Yeah decent night. Cross-De Zwaan always had the potential to be the match of the 2nd round and Ashton was obviously interesting being a women who can also throw a bit. Tomorrow afternoon doesn't look quite as interesting:

Friday 14th December (12.30pm)
Michael Barnard v Jose De Sousa (R1)
Alan Tabern v Raymond Smith (R1)
Paul Nicholson v Kevin Burness (R1)
Jamie Lewis v Cody Harris (R2)

In fact it looks pretty poor, especially the first 2 matches - I guess that's why it's buried in an afternoon slot when most will still be at work.

Can't bump this as in the last to post but just catching up now and this Barnard is as slow as fuck, like Pipe levels. Not surprised they've buried it on a Friday afternoon 11 days before Xmas. @chopsfc007 @Captain Slackbladder @Scotty 1978
Watching now just finished the Netflix doc, might watch darts rest of day can't decide because of the west brom game on later mind.

Feel like I watched that for seven hours.

Tabern v Smith will be alright I think. Both average around 90 and should be pretty tight.

Looking forward to seeing Nicholson.

Harris-Lewis will be enjoyable too.

Shite. Just caught up now. Was hoping Noah Levenstein would have won that as Barnard was shite and borderline unwatchable. The Portuguese lad had 4 set darts in the 1st, 2 in the 2nd but lost them both and then had SIX match darts in the decider and lost. Feel for him a bit.

Watching now just finished the Netflix doc, might watch darts rest of day can't decide because of the west brom game on later mind.
I quite like recording it and fast forwarding the breaks, plus when it's two who are generally pretty poor like before, I'll often whizz through their first 3 or 6 darts so they are effectively starting on 301 instead of 501 as far as I'm concerned.

I'll watch the darts for an hour, then West Brom and then back to the darts after. Will obviously impact my time on here as there's not much point watching it you know the result.

Last edited:
Currently watching in the kitchen with no sound on listening to tunes. I won't be taking a proper interest till 3/4 round

Yeah, I've watched most up until now, but if there was a good football match on, this would be playing second fiddle. I do quite like the BDO, but that's partly influenced by my dislike of the Hearn's, but a lot of this is very reminiscent of that. Most of the averages thus far have been mid 80s, some 70's thrown in as well - they're obviously trying to crack more markets and increase revenue with all these Chinese, Indians and other Asian competitors participating in the first round proper, but it is massively diluting the product. Noppert is a fine player and this Lam fella has no real right entering at the same stage as him. Watch him come back now to win 3-2 :lol:

I'd probably give the first round a miss if they didn't include a 2nd round match in the schedule and I'm guessing the organisers would think many more would do the same, hence the likes of Cross and Jamie Lewis are already in round 3 before many have played their first round match.

Sky’s average o’meter on the blink until this round of mainly dross is over.
Aye, first round averages thus far:

91.18 (33-64 player)
91.12 (33-64 player)
88.95 (33-64 player)
88.08 (33-64 player)
85.18 (33-64 player)
85.03 (33-64 player)

So majority mid to late 80s and there'll be far worse to come. Not bad by any means, but worse then many in the first round of last year's BDO version which gets a lot of shit on here.

2018 BDO World Darts Championship - Wikipedia

It's usually not as bad as up until 3 or so years ago, these 'prelims' at the PDC worlds were just first to 4 legs and then it was changed to B03 sets, but BO5 isn't great when one of them is well out of his depth like that Hong Kong fella there.

Last edited:
Aye, first round averages thus far:

91.18 (33-64 player)
91.12 (33-64 player)
88.95 (33-64 player)
88.08 (33-64 player)
85.18 (33-64 player)
85.03 (33-64 player)

So majority mid to late 80s and there'll be far worse to come. Not bad by any means, but worse then many in the first round of last year's BDO version which gets a lot of shit on here.

2018 BDO World Darts Championship - Wikipedia

It's usually not as bad as up until 3 or so years ago, these 'prelims' at the PDC worlds were just first to 4 legs and then it was changed to B03 sets, but BO5 isn't great when one of them is well out of his depth like that Hong Kong fella there.

Early rounds are for tv coverage and to capture the pre Christmas piss up crowd who have no real interest anyway.

Early rounds are for tv coverage and to capture the pre Christmas piss up crowd who have no real interest anyway.

Largely agree, but just look at some of those averages in the first round last year:

2018 PDC World Darts Championship - Wikipedia

106.17 vs 100.23
96.76 vs 98.90 - Chisnall going out
102 vs 91.98
96.73 vs 95.74 - Klaassen going out with a higher average
98.14 vs 104.17 - Bunting going out
100.51 vs 96.74

and that's just in the top half. Such a shame replacing those type of matches with a lot of what we have seen thus far.

Trina Gulliver is as annoying as fuck, she can barely string a sentence. Erm this, erm that and adding nothing insightful. Blatantly favouring Evett as well since he is originally from Warwickshire where she hails from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back