Darts 2018

Afternoon Session (12.30pm)
Richard North
v Robert Marijanovic (R1)
Mickey Mansell v Jim Long (R1)
Josh Payne v Jeff Smith (R1)
Max Hopp v Danny Noppert (R2)

Hoop vs Noppert should be good and Jeff Smith is a former BDO finalist so could give Payne a decent match.
My 4 picks for the afternoon session. Currently 5/1 with SkyBet

Last edited:
Looking like it'll end at the first hurdle pal.

Or not

Just as well nobody is watching as this is genuinely one of the worst matches I've seen in a while. Horrific.

*Mansell match
Was keeping track of scores on my phone and assumed the bet was flat when it went 2-0 in the first. Checkout stats suggested that it was a scrappy match

Was keeping track of scores on my phone and assumed the bet was flat when it went 2-0 in the first. Checkout stats suggested that it was a scrappy match

North played well the last 3 sets to be fair, but this current one is terrible. They are currently averaging 74 and 75 and the darts are often miles away from the treble. It's actually so bad it's compelling in a way.

Mansell is 1-2 down.

North played well the last 3 sets to be fair, but this current one is terrible. They are currently averaging 74 and 75 and the darts are often miles away from the treble. It's actually so bad it's compelling in a way.

Mansell is 1-2 down.

Thank fuck. Long wins 3-1. Absolutely awful.

Mansell 74.45 vs Long 75.75

and the thing is, Mansell was 7/15 (47%) on doubles and Long 10/25 (40%) which aren't bad at all, so just shows you how awful the scoring was. Bring back the old format. At least for the PDCs sake it was a Saturday afternoon when other sporting event were taking place.

Last edited:
Not watching but bet365 has this Craig Ross fella on a 69 average.

Tbf he’s only there because the actual qualifier who beat him had immigration issues.

Of course I’ve got Alcinas most 180s in that one and he hasn’t hit one.

I'm a little bit behind here (20 mins) so hopefully this NZ lad hasn't pulled it right back to make me look silly, but at the moment it's pretty pointless. Alcinas a set and 2-0 up and Ross hasn't even had a shot at a double yet. He opened up that leg with 3 5's to score 15.

Oh and John part described the first World Cup of Darts at Rainton Meadows to have taken place 'just south of Newcastle'.

If this was in the BDO they’d be a few on here giving pelters out...

This won’t hot up till at least round 3

Defo. The 2nd round is effectively the first round last year. Cody Harris and Burness were decent and Ashton provided an obvious talking point (and played superb in the first set) but other than that, the qualifiers have provided nothing and I'm sure in a lot of cases, perhaps like Mansell earlier, have managed to bring the usual standard of those ranked 33-64 down a notch or two. I'm sure this will be here to stay now because of revenue from additional sessions and Sky slots + TV in other markets, but I wish they revert back to the old format. Sometimes less really is more.

Last edited:

Back