Darts 2018

One thing I don't understand about the BDO Championships.

Burness looks quite handy here and that he can play a bit. Just did a quick Wiki search and he was in the BDO from 2010-2018, but never once played in the BDO worlds. Likewise Cody Harris who we saw earlier, BDO 2009-2017, not one appearance at the Lakeside. Steve Lennon now a regular player on the PDC circuit was BDO 2014-2017, but again no appearances. Would surely be better than the likes of Ross The Boss and Martin Atkins showing up every year and doing very little.

Anyone know?

One thing I don't understand about the BDO Championships.

Burness looks quite handy here and that he can play a bit. Just did a quick Wiki search and he was in the BDO from 2010-2018, but never once played in the BDO worlds. Likewise Cody Harris who we saw earlier, BDO 2009-2017, not one appearance at the Lakeside. Steve Lennon now a regular player on the PDC circuit was BDO 2014-2017, but again no appearances. Would surely be better than the likes of Ross The Boss and Martin Atkins showing up every year and doing very little.

Anyone know?

Enhanced PDC scoring segments ;)

Enhanced PDC scoring segments ;)
Haha, but joking aside, I don't understand how others like Fitton, Martin Phillips, Gary Robson and more seem to get in every year. Even Rob Cross played a few BDO events in 2015 but no Lakeside - is it like a closed shop or something. Seems strange.

Fair play, 1-1. Burness playing very well here.

Last edited:
Haha, but joking aside, I don't understand how others like Fitton, Martin Phillips, Gary Robson and more seem to get in every year. Even Rob Cross played a few BDO events in 2015 but no Lakeside - is it like a closed shop or something. Seems strange.

Fair play, 1-1. Burness playing very well here.
I'd rather the top players stay in mind

I'm on the fence. I'd much rather watch Anderson vs MVG in the semi final than say Whitlock vs Darren Webster, but then again, my Smith bet would look better if he goes far and it is something like that latter potential semi final.
Just hope Adrian Lewis, barney and sulovic get beat and you get both

Afternoon Session (12.30pm)
Richard North v Robert Marijanovic (R1)
Mickey Mansell v Jim Long (R1)
Josh Payne v Jeff Smith (R1)
Max Hopp v Danny Noppert (R2)

Hoop vs Noppert should be good and Jeff Smith is a former BDO finalist so could give Payne a decent match.

Back