Dan Neil

Didn't he win the ball then pass to Jobe for his goal?
That's an assist is it not ?
He has been credited with the assist, as has Roberts for the Ekwah goal. Happy for him to have it though I’d have said Bellinghams was more of a solo effort (will watch it back today) and a tap from a free kick doesn’t really count in my book.
Being slightly churlish though 😀 depends on what you think of as being an assist. That’s a different conversation.

Clarke is our best player but Neil is a close second
Neil is the type who gets better the higher the level as more is asked of him. Clarke relies on pace and time which he won't get in the premier. That's why if I were him I'd be off to lazio.

I'm willing to take a charity bet of 100 quid between you and I to see who is playing at a higher level by 2030. 😀

Just my opinion if we play him regularly now he will leave for peanuts in the summer. If we can get him to sign a pro contract we are in the money big style. Seems a fairly decent lad tbf yes he’s a mag but can tell he gives his all for the club the same as Patterson and Honeyman did despite also being mags. The likes of Mason Cotcher and a few others we’ve had who were mags were a total piss take in how they openly seemed to resent playing for us but were happy to be coached and take a wage from us
I’m not sure I understand. How will he be worth more if we play him less?
He has been credited with the assist, as has Roberts for the Ekwah goal. Happy for him to have it though I’d have said Bellinghams was more of a solo effort (will watch it back today) and a tap from a free kick doesn’t really count in my book.
Being slightly churlish though 😀 depends on what you think of as being an assist. That’s a different conversation.
Neil’s tackle, turn and then threaded through ball is certainly a fantastic assist.

Last edited:
I’m not
I’ve posted his stats over the last 2 seasons
Very underwhelming
Unless we miraculously get promoted he will not be playing in the prem
He’s miles off
Totally anonymous v the mags at 22 he should be running the show
Not trying to be an arse mate but i’d say you havnt got a clue

I’m not
I’ve posted his stats over the last 2 seasons
Very underwhelming
Unless we miraculously get promoted he will not be playing in the prem
He’s miles off
Totally anonymous v the mags at 22 he should be running the show

Which stats? Assists and goals?

Is that how you would a more defensive minded fielder? Why not his number of successful passes? Or interceptions? Or tackles made?

Or why not judge it by the players impact on the game?

Why should he be running the show against Newcastle who had two brazillian internationals playing in their midfield?

I’m tempted to say this is wumming and I’ve bit.

Absolutely superb. He was class yesterday. Reckon he’ll be away in the summer. There’ll be serious interest in him now.

Back