Dan Neil

He looked every bit a Premier league player in the 2nd half & the defensive midfielder argument sorted, he's found his perfect position. Jobe and Roker Pierre are both 6ft3", great link men to the forwards, so good target's to pass to when you're really good at this passing lark. Played like Pirlo with a rocket up his arse, what a player we have.

2nd half was his best performance in a Sunderland shirt in my opinion. He stepped up and absolutely controlled the game. Dominated the whole flow of the match. On the ball, passing, first touch, awareness and carrying the ball. Plymouth couldn’t stop him. It was a magnificent performance

Last edited:
I’m not
I’ve posted his stats over the last 2 seasons
Very underwhelming
Unless we miraculously get promoted he will not be playing in the prem
He’s miles off
Totally anonymous v the mags at 22 he should be running the show
This post is pure and utter madness.
I’m not sure how anyone without an agenda against the lad can argue that Dan neil wasn’t good today !!
He’s been very good all season.
He’s been asked to play different roles in different games almost every time he plays.
He’s an absolute class act and some people won’t realise it until he’s gone.

I’m not
I’ve posted his stats over the last 2 seasons
Very underwhelming
Unless we miraculously get promoted he will not be playing in the prem
He’s miles off
Totally anonymous v the mags at 22 he should be running the show
off your tits you like.

he played acceptable enough against a team who should be in the top 4 of the premier league.
he's played good to amazing (like today) all season and has never had a bad game. he's 100% undisputed a Premier League player and it's no wonder the likes of Liverpool are after him. We're just lucky that he's not f***ing arsed about the interest and puts his head down, same with Clarke and Ballard.

My MotM today. Didn’t directly influence ie no goal or assist but virtually ran the midfield, kept everything ticking over. Carried & passed the ball well. Very accomplished.
Clarke caught the eye, as he always does but just outshone by Neil for me today.
Didn't he win the ball then pass to Jobe for his goal?
That's an assist is it not ?
Agree totally with the rest of your post.
This post is pure and utter madness.
I’m not sure how anyone without an agenda against the lad can argue that Dan neil wasn’t good today !!
He’s been very good all season.
He’s been asked to play different roles in different games almost every time he plays.
He’s an absolute class act and some people won’t realise it until he’s gone.
You will always find the daft duck ,slagging off Neil. Hates the sight of him madness.

Last edited:
What a heap
Last season & this season to date
6 goals , 8 assists
67 games
Make your own mind up
This is what I struggle with is he a defensive midfielder or attacking one I still don’t know and if you are talking about playing in the premier lg it’s a whole different level to where we are at.
Like him but to say he’s next Henderson is madness just yet.

Sat next to bloke yesterday in a slating Dan Neil
Usually I’d just ignore it but somehow it got the better of me and asked how the hell was he saying all this none sense
“always has been and always will be shit” was his reply.
Realise he’s in the minority and would complain if we sold him to a PL club.
For me he’s better than Henderson when he left us.

Find it absolutely ridiculous we still have some fans who don't rate the lad. Our best midfielder comfortably and was outstanding yesterday. He was 2 or 3 moves ahead of the rest and a real class act.

A lesson to any
Sat next to bloke yesterday in a slating Dan Neil
Usually I’d just ignore it but somehow it got the better of me and asked how the hell was he saying all this none sense
“always has been and always will be shit” was his reply.
Realise he’s in the minority and would complain if we sold him to a PL club.
For me he’s better than Henderson when he left us.

It's quite simple really.Supporters who used to get on Neil's back when he did have poor performances and couldnt understand what (when playing well) he brings to the team and the type of footballer is he know fuck all about the game.

Proper odd the way you go on at times mind. Just form an opinion on someone and then stick to it forever :lol:

Look a bit of a tatey the way you go on about Dan Neil. Rather your original opinion about someone be right than them play well.
He really hates Dan Neil, posts going back the last few years regularly slating him. Comes out with these bullshit attacking stats to try and put him down, 4 goals and 4 assists this season playing as a largely DM, often carrying Ekwah and sometimes Jobe too when they've not been on it. Only turned 22 in December and improving all the time.

Back