Dalton Park inn

Just had a pint in there and it was canny, £2.90 for a Carling Blackcurrent and it's a friendly enough pub, half a dozen fellas was the clientelle sat down having a pint and maybe watching the telly/racing, it's got a pool room and a couple of dart boards and a good few cups which I guessed were from darts rather than pool because it looked a poorish table, a canny big conservatory/beer garden area out the back and very clean, I will definitely go back again to undo my gym work. 7/10 for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a pint in there and it was canny, £2.90 for a Carling Blackcurrent and it's a friendly enough pub, half a dozen fellas was the clientelle sat down having a pint and maybe watching the telly/racing, it's got a pool room and a couple of dart boards and a good few cups which I guessed were fom darts rather than pool because it looked a poorish table, a canny big conservatory/beer garden area out the back and very clean, I will definitely go back again to undo my gym work. 7/10 for me.

Like everywhere else, different kettle of fish on a weekend.

Still pleased you like it, and it’s picking up trade. Better than a shitty derelict building at the bottom of the street

Just had a pint in there and it was canny, £2.90 for a Carling Blackcurrent and it's a friendly enough pub, half a dozen fellas was the clientelle sat down having a pint and maybe watching the telly/racing, it's got a pool room and a couple of dart boards and a good few cups which I guessed were from darts rather than pool because it looked a poorish table, a canny big conservatory/beer garden area out the back and very clean, I will definitely go back again to undo my gym work. 7/10 for me.

I play darts for them on a Thursday night mate and can safely say that not many of them will be darts trophy's :lol::lol:

I know the lad who sorts the turns out in there (Adrian) and he gets some good bands in there most weekends. As said before in the thread, clientele can be mixed and some of the young 'uns can be fairly boisterous but that's the case for most village or 'local' pubs I'd say. Range of drinks is okay, well priced (though they don't do Moretti which I think was mentioned in the responses) and I expect the OP to have a decent evening. Toilets aren't the nicest you'll ever visit but there's soap and a hand-dryer in the gents.

And location is correct, opposite the former Colliery Inn (Great Wall Chinese) adjacent to the Shell petrol station.

Oh @Marcosplace you missed of Queen Vic from former names too mate ;);)

Hope the OP enjoys his night and look forward to reading how he found the place.

I play darts for them on a Thursday night mate and can safely say that not many of them will be darts trophy's :lol::lol:

I know the lad who sorts the turns out in there (Adrian) and he gets some good bands in there most weekends. As said before in the thread, clientele can be mixed and some of the young 'uns can be fairly boisterous but that's the case for most village or 'local' pubs I'd say. Range of drinks is okay, well priced (though they don't do Moretti which I think was mentioned in the responses) and I expect the OP to have a decent evening. Toilets aren't the nicest you'll ever visit but there's soap and a hand-dryer in the gents.

And location is correct, opposite the former Colliery Inn (Great Wall Chinese) adjacent to the Shell petrol station.

Oh @Marcosplace you missed of Queen Vic from former names too mate ;);)

Hope the OP enjoys his night and look forward to reading how he found the place.
I knew you’d pop up on this ! 😉

I've only been in once and I am a townie and thought it was fine mate. If @mux can go there and survive any proper bloke should be fine.
Cracking venue for live music which you wouldn't think judging by location and from even looking at it.

It's one of our regular gigs now and as someone has already mentioned a smashing lad called Adrian sorts out the bands. It's one of the few places I go to watch other bands when we aren't gigging because they're all good quality and loads of the punters are there specifically for the live music so it has the atmosphere.

Carling Blackcurrent (sic). The go to drink of the fascist right

It's nee Pemberton Arms (RIP).
the one and only, anth did a cracking job there
Cracking venue for live music which you wouldn't think judging by location and from even looking at it.

It's one of our regular gigs now and as someone has already mentioned a smashing lad called Adrian sorts out the bands. It's one of the few places I go to watch other bands when we aren't gigging because they're all good quality and loads of the punters are there specifically for the live music so it has the atmosphere.

I find it wasnt as good as it used to be. When did you guys originally for @mux ? I remember our first ever gig was here and they played the opposite end you do now. While the atmosphere is still great there, it used to be even better, now dont know if thats due to when the ownership changed if the regulars did too.

For us though, we've had to stop playing there after this year as its simply too small for the amount of equipment we carry.

Adrians a top bloke as are the current owners. Wouldnt say its rough but also wouldnt set my lip up inside.

Last edited:
the one and only, anth did a cracking job there

I find it wasnt as good as it used to be. When did you guys originally for @mux ? I remember our first ever gig was here and they played the opposite end you do now. While the atmosphere is still great there, it used to be even better, now dont know if thats due to when the ownership changed if the regulars did too.

For us though, we've had to stop playing there after this year as its simply too small for the amount of equipment we carry.

Adrians a top bloke as are the current owners. Wouldnt say its rough but also wouldnt set my lip up inside.
We first gigged here about a year ago and have been back three times since, I think we are already down for 3 gigs next year as well.

Your show will probably need a bigger setup than ours to be fair - mind it doesn't stop our bass player (and one with the van) setting us up for Glastonbury every gig :lol: you're right though, for the space available down that side of the bar it is one of the smallest you get on the circuit.

I hadn't realised they used to put the bands round the other side but it seems to me a better choice.

As for the punters, I agree it's not 'rough' but I did get asked if I was selling gear after our last gig. I told them of course we aren't, we need it for gigs. They didn't mean equipment :lol:

Last edited:

What nights ? I used to go in Fridays and it was a 10 people job with a band on

Correct. It’s a typical small town local, it’s ok. I live about 100 yards from it. I’m not from Murton, but the locals can sniff an imposter out
Quite like the village Inn. I'm not from Murton but was fine, saying that the barmaid had my life story in the time she'd poured two drinks.
I used to play golf with the lad who had the village inn, I’m sure he had the dalton park inn too, this is going back about 5 or 6 years like.

I used to play golf with the lad who had the village inn, I’m sure he had the dalton park inn too, this is going back about 5 or 6 years like.
My lasses uncle used to play golf with him, think there's a photo of a few of them in the bar.

We first gigged here about a year ago and have been back three times since, I think we are already down for 3 gigs next year as well.

Your show will probably need a bigger setup than ours to be fair - mind it doesn't stop our bass player (and one with the van) setting us up for Glastonbury every gig :lol: you're right though, for the space available down that side of the bar it is one of the smallest you get on the circuit.

I hadn't realised they used to put the bands round the other side but it seems to me a better choice.

As for the punters, I agree it's not 'rough' but I did get asked if I was selling gear after our last gig. I told them of course we aren't, we need it for gigs. They didn't mean equipment :lol:
aye probably a couple years before there was another bloke owned it who was the one adrian originally started with iirc. our first ever gig was there and the set up is a lot easier but also more risk of something been knocked. You can imagine the pain it is for me balancing our behringer x32 desk on the bar waiting for it to be knocked haha.

i love that small old bloke whos there every time. cannot understand a f***ing word the bloke says but hes always there trying to sing along ha.

aye probably a couple years before there was another bloke owned it who was the one adrian originally started with iirc. our first ever gig was there and the set up is a lot easier but also more risk of something been knocked. You can imagine the pain it is for me balancing our behringer x32 desk on the bar waiting for it to be knocked haha.

i love that small old bloke whos there every time. cannot understand a f***ing word the bloke says but hes always there trying to sing along ha.

Been owned by the present owner for a while now but the previous tenant he had in (Davy) is now at the Wheatsheaf.

The small old bloke is likely to be Ratty; a local "character" who did a stretch recently for torching the house that was left to him and his sister while she was in an upstairs bedroom over a dispute about ownership. He had his voicebox removed whilst inside due to cancer and now talks like a dalek. He shakes that much that they used to just serve him half pints of lager just to save him from spilling so much :D:D

Been owned by the present owner for a while now but the previous tenant he had in (Davy) is now at the Wheatsheaf.

The small old bloke is likely to be Ratty; a local "character" who did a stretch recently for torching the house that was left to him and his sister while she was in an upstairs bedroom over a dispute about ownership. He had his voicebox removed whilst inside due to cancer and now talks like a dalek. He shakes that much that they used to just serve him half pints of lager just to save him from spilling so much :D:D
Davy is the guy i remember now. he still got the wheatsheaf? just played there the other month and had a thin bald bloke in charge then as hed done the stage up the lot.

haha yeah thats deffo the character im on about. can never understand him but he always comes to watch us and no bother at all.

Back