Dalton Park inn

I am from Hall Farm but now live on the new estate on Murton Lane and the only pub I've been in Round here is the New Inn at Hetton. It's fine in there but it would be nice to have more choice. :lol:

I get a taxi down to the sea front ( I’m from Seaham ) or hop on the bus to the town. I want to like the pubs in Murton, but they’re not really my cup of tea. The Dancing Betty isn’t even on the radar cos it’s essentially a restaurant.

It’s ok. It’s a load better than anything else in Murton, but that’s a canny small field.

It’s definitely friendlier
Canny for just sitting and watching the football scores on Saturdays. Dalton Park Inn is OK but probably wouldn't sit there with my lass, middle pub the Victoria? Always looks empty and never been in the two clubs yet.

Canny for just sitting and watching the football scores on Saturdays. Dalton Park Inn is OK but probably wouldn't sit there with my lass, middle pub the Victoria? Always looks empty and never been in the two clubs yet.

Not sure that Victoria place is open. Goes by another name by the locals, can’t remember what it is. That ones a proper star wars bar.

Been in the club at the top of the terrace, was fine, typical club. Haven’t been in the officials on the terrace, but that looks clean and tidy too. Clubs not really my scene either

I get a taxi down to the sea front ( I’m from Seaham ) or hop on the bus to the town. I want to like the pubs in Murton, but they’re not really my cup of tea. The Dancing Betty isn’t even on the radar cos it’s essentially a restaurant.
I usually end up in town too or Ryhope occasionally as that's where most my family live. I get the "who are you related to?" question through there now and again. :lol:

I am from Hall Farm but now live on the new estate on Murton Lane and the only pub I've been in Round here is the New Inn at Hetton. It's fine in there but it would be nice to have more choice. :lol:

I often go to the gym/sauna at Hetton and noticed the Brewers is open again, popped in and had a pint and a bit crack with the new landlord James I think it was, canny pub years and years ago when Rarfy had it and I hope it can take off again.

Not sure that Victoria place is open. Goes by another name by the locals, can’t remember what it is. That ones a proper star wars bar.

Been in the club at the top of the terrace, was fine, typical club. Haven’t been in the officials on the terrace, but that looks clean and tidy too. Clubs not really my scene either

The High House. Been closed a few years now and was owned by the same fella that has the Village Inn an DPI. (Though his missus now has the Village)

I often go to the gym/sauna at Hetton and noticed the Brewers is open again, popped in and had a pint and a bit crack with the new landlord James I think it was, canny pub years and years ago when Rarfy had it and I hope it can take off again.
I've seen pictures of inside and it looks nice enough. Will definitely have a look in at some point.
I'm getting that impression like.:lol:
I've only been in once and I am a townie and thought it was fine mate. If @mux can go there and survive any proper bloke should be fine.

Last edited:

Get yourself to the Lyons Cricket Club, canny pint and plenty of seats and tellys. Good (local) band on in there next Sunday called Eli.

Haven’t been in the new inn for a year or so now. Used to be in every Friday/Saturday before it closed, had some cracking nights in there.

Dalton Park Inn is alright, again been a couple of years since I was in. Colliery used to be a bit dodgy when it was open IMO, and The High House was always one I avoided due to not being local, even when with my lass who is from Murton! The Village is a lot calmer.
Might be having a night there next Saturday. Any good?

Just seen who is on in there next week. Nice lad and cracking singer

Last edited:
Get yourself to the Lyons Cricket Club, canny pint and plenty of seats and tellys. Good (local) band on in there next Sunday called Eli.

Haven’t been in the new inn for a year or so now. Used to be in every Friday/Saturday before it closed, had some cracking nights in there.

Dalton Park Inn is alright, again been a couple of years since I was in. Colliery used to be a bit dodgy when it was open IMO, and The High House was always one I avoided due to not being local, even when with my lass who is from Murton! The Village is a lot calmer.

Just seen who is on in there next week. Nice lad and cracking singer

Is the cricket club welcoming to none locals mate?

Is the cricket club welcoming to none locals mate?

Aye, plenty of ‘different’ faces every week, obviously with different clubs playing there every week they get a lot of non-locals in anyway but aye, it’s spot on.
He's in the M00 inner circle so clearly doing something right.

I know his lass more than him, really canny couple

Last edited:
Correct. It’s a typical small town local, it’s ok. I live about 100 yards from it. I’m not from Murton, but the locals can sniff an imposter out
300 yards for me ,had a spell of Fridays in there when I was dating and it's alright
Not my type of bar these days but I've drank in worse in my days
Main issue was no decent strong lager and 600 watt light bulbs in all the lights .
It’s ok. It’s a load better than anything else in Murton, but that’s a canny small field.

It’s definitely friendlier
The Inn reminds me of going back to Suddick for a beer ,you've just got to hold your nerve and crack on .Most boozers anywhere are minutes from bother but generally people are good

Last edited:

Back