Dalton Park inn

They don't post on here.
They said the food was generic warmed up pub food and not very nice. It's all about opinions.

It was the food that was criticised they didn't mention the beer.
I was drinking bottles of Peroni on Friday night in the board inn. I've never had it on draught I'll have to give it a try.
Explain to them how chain pubs work marra so they aren't disappointed next time.

Explain to them how chain pubs work marra so they aren't disappointed next time.
It doesn't have to be shit though. I've had plenty of chain pub meals in my time and sometimes they are fine. Sometime though they are close to uneatable and I protest by not returning.
When I fancy a Saturday early evening meal out I usually go to the Albion at Ryhope. Never had a bad un there and it's run by really nice, friendly people. A Greek lad and his Chinese wife serving mostly Italian food. The sad thing is it doesn't seem to be doing too well. I think folk prefer the generic chain stuff.

It doesn't have to be shit though. I've had plenty of chain pub meals in my time and sometimes they are fine. Sometime though they are close to uneatable and I protest by not returning.
When I fancy a Saturday early evening meal out I usually go to the Albion at Ryhope. Never had a bad un there and it's run by really nice, friendly people. A Greek lad and his Chinese wife serving mostly Italian food. The sad thing is it doesn't seem to be doing too well. I think folk prefer the generic chain stuff.
I have been to The Dancing Betty loads of times because the kids like it. It's fine. It's lives up to my expectations as a chain pub.

Is the Albion only a restaurant now or can you still just go on for a few pints?
It's very much laid out for food but there is a side area which is for drinkers. You can also eat in there as well but it's more like a bar than the main area.
Actually you can just drink anywhere if you like but when we finish eating and want another drink we go into that part or the garden. I like it because its informal, just turn up get a table and eat. Never had a bad meal either, the bruschetta starter is excellent. They don't have a huge menu but there is always specials on and 2 courses for 7 or 10 quid. Beer is the cheapest I've had anywhere in a long while. Less than 3 pound for a pint of lager.

It's very much laid out for food but there is a side area which is for drinkers. You can also eat in there as well but it's more like a bar than the main area.
Actually you can just drink anywhere if you like but when we finish eating and want another drink we go into that part or the garden. I like it because its informal, just turn up get a table and eat. Never had a bad meal either, the bruschetta starter is excellent. They don't have a huge menu but there is always specials on and 2 courses for 7 or 10 quid. Beer is the cheapest I've had anywhere in a long while. Less than 3 pound for a pint of lager.
Used to drink in their quite a bit but that's going back a fair while. Hopefully the place is doing better than it seems.

Used to drink in their quite a bit but that's going back a fair while. Hopefully the place is doing better than it seems.
I used to have a pint in there in my teens and early twenties after footy practice at the school up the road. The last time I was in before the Greek fella bought it, it had a farm out the back. Well they called it a farm there was a few animals and my kids thought it was canny. Where it is there is only the gardeners club over the road for competition so I'd have thought it would do better. I live at east Herra so about 3 miles to travel but I think it's worth it. The board inn, the garden farm at doxy and I suppose the dolphin at Farra are my nearest pubs. I usually prefer to go to Ryhope though.

I used to have a pint in there in my teens and early twenties after footy practice at the school up the road. The last time I was in before the Greek fella bought it, it had a farm out the back. Well they called it a farm there was a few animals and my kids thought it was canny. Where it is there is only the gardeners club over the road for competition so I'd have thought it would do better. I live at east Herra so about 3 miles to travel but I think it's worth it. The board inn, the garden farm at doxy and I suppose the dolphin at Farra are my nearest pubs. I usually prefer to go to Ryhope though.
There is the Raily down there as well but that isn't competing for food customers. I've not been in there for years so no idea what it's like now.

There is the Raily down there as well but that isn't competing for food customers. I've not been in there for years so no idea what it's like now.
Thinking about it if you drive along the old road from ryhope to seaham, past where Sykes pop place used to be you can just see a pub sign from the road. Is that the rally? I've always meant to go around and try to find it but haven't to date.

Correct. It’s a typical small town local, it’s ok. I live about 100 yards from it. I’m not from Murton, but the locals can sniff an imposter out
I live about 100 yards from it as well. Im not from Murton either, the pubs a dive went in once and just had an atmosphere about it, with a very local crowd getting in there, most of the young uns are coked up. If your going for party that wont be to bad as you wont have to mix with them all.

The Dancing Betty is fine but people will always have a moan. They need to recognise they are going to a Marstons pub not a Michelin star establishment and adjust their expectations accordingly. The place has been packed out each time that I have been there and no one seemed to be unhappy.

Two for a 10er Mon-Fri in the Dancing Betty, you get what you pay for and we've had good and bad, although the atmosphere is canny and the staff are helpful, always busy especially on weekends and they have a quiz on a Sunday, beer not cheap though £4.50 ish for a pint of Peroni. I've not been to the Dalton Park Inn although I've been meaning to pop in and may have a look this week and give a report.
Thinking about it if you drive along the old road from ryhope to seaham, past where Sykes pop place used to be you can just see a pub sign from the road. Is that the rally? I've always meant to go around and try to find it but haven't to date.

Aye we were in the other day and its a nice pint reasonably priced and has a pool room out the back and a free jukebox, although I don't think it does food.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live about 100 yards from it as well. Im not from Murton either, the pubs a dive went in once and just had an atmosphere about it, with a very local crowd getting in there, most of the young uns are coked up. If your going for party that wont be to bad as you wont have to mix with them all.

Been in a few times. Never felt on edge - went past on Durham big meeting day after all the locals had been on the piss through there all day and it looked well ropey.

Would still rather it was open than another derelict building mind. Its just another local, pint of fosters type place. Not my cup of tea really.

Yeah mate. It's not far at all. Canny pub but a bit rough, or it was when I used to go in.

Yeah mate. It's not far at all. Canny pub but a bit rough, or it was when I used to go in.
Never been in it and didn't even know it was there untill earlier this year. The Mrs was driving so I was able to do a bit of sight seeing and noticed a pub sign over the trees. I meant to have a look around there to see what it was like but never got around to it.

Been in a few times. Never felt on edge - went past on Durham big meeting day after all the locals had been on the piss through there all day and it looked well ropey.

Would still rather it was open than another derelict building mind. Its just another local, pint of fosters type place. Not my cup of tea really.
Have you been in the village Inn?

Back